NO LONGER A RUMOUR: Jimmy Kebe SIGNS

299 posts
TFF
Hob Nob Addict

Re: NO LONGER A RUMOUR: Jimmy Kebe

by TFF » 21 Jan 2008 15:32

Reading target on strike

Boulogne-sur-Mer midfielder Jimmy Kebe has gone on strike in a bid to force his side to let him join Reading.

The 24-year-old French-Malian is under contract with Lens until the end of the season and was loaned for a year to Ligue 2 side Boulogne-sur-Mer in the summer.

Kebe is in a real purple patch, having scored five goals in 16 appearances, and has been offered the chance to join Reading before the transfer window closes.

The player has revealed that Lens and Steve Coppell’s club have reached an agreement but Boulogne have ruled out the transfer.

He refused to play at the weekend against Montpellier and is insistent on joining Reading.

“Reading could wait until the end of the season to sign me for free, but they have agreed a fee with Lens, which means that they really want me,” he told RMC.

“On the financial aspect, I can’t refuse a move there. It’s a great chance. I am only under contract until the end of the season so if I am injured, I haven’t anything left.

“I have refused to play, I stay at home waiting for a solution. I have discussed with Boulogne. My future is not there, but they don’t agree for the moment.

“I am prepared for a dispute with them in order to join Reading. It is the chance of my life.”

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Jan 2008 15:35

i know its only jimmy kebab

but its nice to see a player really wanting to come here

thought marek looked particularly happy about his 1st appearance too
hopefully give th erest of the squad a boost too

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 21 Jan 2008 15:39

brendywendy i know its only jimmy kebab

Most players only want o come here as its the Premiership and we play Man U and Chelsea every year! :wink:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Jan 2008 15:44

Though I'm not massively impressed with his referral to the financial reasons being quoted as a reason why he wants to move

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 21 Jan 2008 15:56

Huntley & Palmer

Though I'm not massively impressed with his referral to the financial reasons being quoted as a reason why he wants to move

Probably being terminally dim, but where has he mentioned that money is a major motivation to him?

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 21 Jan 2008 16:02

I swear he was a striker? and what happened to that other guy who scored that amazing goal on youtube, Ndowku? or whatever his name was lol, have we signed him?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Jan 2008 16:27

it's all well and good saying it's nice to see a player who really wants to play for Reading, but I'm not sure I want a player who's willing to go on stike to engineer a move.

Stinks a bit if you ask me.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Jan 2008 16:34

if this happened with any english player on loan
the FA would force the clubs to sort it out

given the circumstances ie his club, and us have agreed terms, as has the player etc
but the club he is loaned to will not give him up
id think striking is pretty fair

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Jan 2008 16:42

I can only assume that Lens don't have a recall option on his loan deal?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 21 Jan 2008 16:51

brendywendy if this happened with any english player on loan

given the circumstances ie his club, and us have agreed terms, as has the player etc

Pretty sure you wouldn't be saying that if it was our loan player that was shafting us.

I'm guessing that the terms of the loan don't really allow for Lens to sell him from under their feet.

Why should they give him up when they've probably got a commitment for him to have been there all season?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 21 Jan 2008 16:53

Hoop Blah

Pretty sure you wouldn't be saying that if it was our loan player that was shafting us.

I'm guessing that the terms of the loan don't really allow for Lens to sell him from under their feet.

Why should they give him up when they've probably got a commitment for him to have been there all season?

sorry, no

if bikey, or upsons clubs had said half way through their loan spells that they were selling, the player said he wanted to go
i would have waved them off my self

throw em 250k in a paper envelope see what happens

Fezza

by Fezza » 21 Jan 2008 17:09

brendywendy
Hoop Blah

sorry, no

if bikey, or upsons clubs had said half way through their loan spells that they were selling, the player said he wanted to go
i would have waved them off my self

throw em 250k in a paper envelope see what happens

Your name is Harry and you have a very fit daughter in law. I claim my pie and pint of watered beer!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 21 Jan 2008 17:18

wolsey
Huntley & Palmer

Probably being terminally dim, but where has he mentioned that money is a major motivation to him?

“Reading could wait until the end of the season to sign me for free, but they have agreed a fee with Lens, which means that they really want me,” he told RMC.

“On the financial aspect, I can’t refuse a move there. It’s a great chance. I am only under contract until the end of the season so if I am injured, I haven’t anything left.

It doesn't even look like he has anything else on the table at Lens either. Bit of an odd signing for us I must say

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 21 Jan 2008 17:20

True.

If he can't get into the Lens first team.
Why do we want him?

Plus he isn't with Mali atm for the Cup.
Sounds like a Championship type of player to me.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 21 Jan 2008 17:24

As I recall Sidwell was on loan at Brighton when Reading agreed a fee with Arsenal and Brighton didn't stand in the way of the move.

Strikes(!) me Boulogne have a bit of a problem as if Kebe refuses to play for them then its just additional overhead as why pay or bother keeping a player who does not want to be there or even play for the club.

It'll all sort itself out in the next few days.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 21 Jan 2008 17:37

[quote="Huntley & Palmer

It doesn't even look like he has anything else on the table at Lens either. Bit of an odd signing for us I must say]

I took his comments to mean that, as he only has a contract until the end of the season, any offer (especially one from the Premier League) has to be better than what he has at the moment (I don't think his comments are accompanied by $, (£), Euro signs in his eyes).

As far as his place within the Lens set up is concerned, it does seem strange that if he is so good why is he not wanted by a team struggling against relegation. From what I've read on the RC Lens fans' websites he is generally liked by the fans - perhaps it's his attitude that deters them from keeping him (as witnessed by his strike action at Bolougne)

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Jan 2008 19:18

Hoop Blah

It's a bit akin to the Tefez affair - Lens own the player, but Boulogne hold his registration for the season.

I imagine this will be settled in the same way - we have to pay off Boulogne to release the registration as well as a fee to Lens.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Re:

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2008 19:40

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
a typically laughable babelfish translation from US Boulogne's website, but it looks like they are fairly adamant that he won't leave.

English makes the soft eyes with Jimmy Kebé but the USBCO does not see it this?il. All this week, the Kebé polemic, Reading, Lens and the USBCO, made speak about it. At the beginning of week, Jimmy made share of the interest that the club of Reading (First League English) carried to him. The leaders of the USBCO thus took note, received Jimmy and its agent of it in order to mean their decision to them. Considering that the maintenance (sporting project of the club) is not reached yet, it is inconceivable that Jimmy leaves the manpower of the USBCO prematurely. The club understands that this gratifying offer can disturb the player, but remains firm and final as for action to be taken for this approach. To show his dissatisfaction, MR. Kebé then chose to put himself in margin of the group and thus refused to accompany his fellow-members for displacement in Montpellier. We hope for all that all will return in the order as of this Monday.

Let me provide a clearer translation:

"Jimmy Kebe has great interest in moving to England. His eyes however are far too soft and manager Steve Coppell is convinced they might fall out during a harsh challenge leaving him rather eye-less. Meanwhile the USBCO is disturbing the gratifying displacement of Montpellier, on the back of a share of interest annually regained in didactic sums of morbid house wages. Under the guise of sporting the leaders of accompaniment the national USBCO charity firewall has notified under strict concordance that onomatopoeic stanards prevail - thrice. However Lens and Montpellier refuse to disregard the unifying cohort of seminary ugmobiles due the fraternisation of occluding vasculature in the near and distant futures. Perhaps one day the olfactory mechanism undulating the inner raft of frozen terminologies might hurriedly stupefy the return of middle class vigour in an otherwise ball-crazy pavement system. The manager of his current club (whose name shall not be mentioned because of tertiary winds threatening the pedestrianisaion of Norwich City centre) has categorically and defiantly produced ill-fated summons to the gravity of poaching hardened concepts. In conclusion: breezes."

HTH

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 21 Jan 2008 21:17

LoyalRoyalFan Plus he isn't with Mali atm for the Cup.

Neither is Kalifa 'Man of the Match v Manchester United' Cisse.

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Re:

by Royal We » 21 Jan 2008 22:49

2 world wars, 1 world cup
Rev Algenon Stickleback H
a typically laughable babelfish translation from US Boulogne's website, but it looks like they are fairly adamant that he won't leave.

English makes the soft eyes with Jimmy Kebé but the USBCO does not see it this?il. All this week, the Kebé polemic, Reading, Lens and the USBCO, made speak about it. At the beginning of week, Jimmy made share of the interest that the club of Reading (First League English) carried to him. The leaders of the USBCO thus took note, received Jimmy and its agent of it in order to mean their decision to them. Considering that the maintenance (sporting project of the club) is not reached yet, it is inconceivable that Jimmy leaves the manpower of the USBCO prematurely. The club understands that this gratifying offer can disturb the player, but remains firm and final as for action to be taken for this approach. To show his dissatisfaction, MR. Kebé then chose to put himself in margin of the group and thus refused to accompany his fellow-members for displacement in Montpellier. We hope for all that all will return in the order as of this Monday.

Let me provide a clearer translation:

"Jimmy Kebe has great interest in moving to England. His eyes however are far too soft and manager Steve Coppell is convinced they might fall out during a harsh challenge leaving him rather eye-less. Meanwhile the USBCO is disturbing the gratifying displacement of Montpellier, on the back of a share of interest annually regained in didactic sums of morbid house wages. Under the guise of sporting the leaders of accompaniment the national USBCO charity firewall has notified under strict concordance that onomatopoeic stanards prevail - thrice. However Lens and Montpellier refuse to disregard the unifying cohort of seminary ugmobiles due the fraternisation of occluding vasculature in the near and distant futures. Perhaps one day the olfactory mechanism undulating the inner raft of frozen terminologies might hurriedly stupefy the return of middle class vigour in an otherwise ball-crazy pavement system. The manager of his current club (whose name shall not be mentioned because of tertiary winds threatening the pedestrianisaion of Norwich City centre) has categorically and defiantly produced ill-fated summons to the gravity of poaching hardened concepts. In conclusion: breezes."

HTH

I understand the rest but what exactly is a "stanard"?

299 posts