RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

944 posts
boy1985

Re: RUMOUR - Harper to Middlesborough

by boy1985 » 30 Jan 2009 13:41

Snowball If Coppell does think we need him Saturday, then why would he want to sell him? If it is likely he'll be leaving he shouldn't be involved at all, after all we'd have to cope without him for the rest of the season anyway. Unless of course we have a replacement lined up for him, which i doubt as we already have plenty of cover for that positon. It wouldn't suprise me to hear the club rubbishing these reports later today anyway.

Maybe because with other men out at a difficult away game, SCC doesn't want another one out?

Then he has a week to settle the new midfield for the Preston game?

Its not just that though, If both clubs have agreed a deal then playing him could jeopardise the deal if he got injured.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 30 Jan 2009 13:42

Snowball
boy1985
Snowball It's gone quiet on the "Saints are fire-sale-ing front"

but is there a ready-made Harps replacement just down the road in Hants?

No

Do you mean "because Harps is irreplaceable" or Saints ain't selling, or "The players Saints might sell wouldn't fit"?

Both the honest. Plus the fact I can't see us replacing him with anyone if he does go

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2009 13:48

Alan Partridge No smoke without fire and I feel the fact that both local staions here and their local press are reporting the exactsame story with the fees the same and everything means there is something happening. Maybe there is an agreement of the fee but he wants Harper for saturday. Even if he was to go up there today and sort it I'd heavily doubt he'd play for them tomorrow. So maybe Coppell has sorted eveything but has said let me have him Saturday and then he'll come up to you on the sunday? Maybe.

Is that a serious post?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 30 Jan 2009 13:49

Silver Fox
Alan Partridge No smoke without fire and I feel the fact that both local staions here and their local press are reporting the exactsame story with the fees the same and everything means there is something happening. Maybe there is an agreement of the fee but he wants Harper for saturday. Even if he was to go up there today and sort it I'd heavily doubt he'd play for them tomorrow. So maybe Coppell has sorted eveything but has said let me have him Saturday and then he'll come up to you on the sunday? Maybe.

Is that a serious post?

Of course, gentleman's agreement we keep Harper for the weekend before letting him go up there.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2009 13:51

No one who is prepared to pay in excess of £3 million for a player is going to allow him to "play one more game on the Saturday" for his old team before moving to their team on the Sunday! LOL @ AP.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Jan 2009 13:52

There is obviously something going on, otherwise there would not be the sheer weight of speculation that there is now.

I'd rather Tabb or Matejovsky in the middle next to Cisse anyway.....apparently Marek was outstanding in the reserve game against Spurs so maybe he's coming into form just when we need him to......

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 30 Jan 2009 13:53

Royal Lady No one who is prepared to pay in excess of £3 million for a player is going to allow him to "play one more game on the Saturday" for his old team before moving to their team on the Sunday! LOL @ AP.

They wouldn't play him tomorrow if they signed him today anyway. Just a thought, far more ridiculous things have happened.

Pictures on the OS confirm he was training today.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Jan 2009 13:54

Alan Partridge
Silver Fox

Is that a serious post?

Of course, gentleman's agreement we keep Harper for the weekend before letting him go up there.

Good lord, I've often disagreed with your footy opinions on here but never had you down as one the ridiculously naive posters

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 30 Jan 2009 13:57

Just a thought, as if anyone knows whats really happening with a transfer, some truly ludicrous things have happened before. A very slight possible that's all.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2009 13:57

I would take it as 100% certain that Harps isn't going anywhere then.

Was SHunty training?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 30 Jan 2009 13:59

Royal Lady I would take it as 100% certain that Harps isn't going anywhere then.

Was SHunty training?

yup.

and why would you take it as a certainty? I'd say it's a certainty he won't be going anywhere till after Saturday anyway! :wink:

boy1985

by boy1985 » 30 Jan 2009 13:59

If Harpers in the squad for tomorrow then i'd assume there can't have been any agreement between the two clubs. Also if boro are willing to pay 5mil for Harper surely they'd of been able to have beaten Hull to signing Bullard? I have feeling this is all nonsense anyway

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2009 14:03

boy1985 If Harpers in the squad for tomorrow then i'd assume there can't have been any agreement between the two clubs. Also if boro are willing to pay 5mil for Harper surely they'd of been able to have beaten Hull to signing Bullard? I have feeling this is all nonsense anyway
'greed +1.

Why would clubs wait until the final day to do a deal? If they want Harps they'd have signed him today - he wouldn't be training with us if a move was imminent. Same with SHunt.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Jan 2009 14:05

Bolton lost Nolan today - they could have been on the phone to us after Harper and been told we won;t talk to them until Sunday....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 30 Jan 2009 14:07

And Harps wouldn't know about this? And it wouldn't affect his game? :roll:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 30 Jan 2009 14:09

He probably would and it may do.

It's been commented on by so many people that the window is bad news for unsettling players.

Not sure what the ' :roll: 'was for unless you add one to all your posts !

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 30 Jan 2009 14:11

Also any buying club would insist that their potential target wasn't played tomorrow...in case of injury etc...

Will only believe any of this specualtion once it actually takes place...currently it sounds like media rubbish as per normal... :roll:

boy1985

by boy1985 » 30 Jan 2009 14:12

Sun Tzu He probably would and it may do.

It's been commented on by so many people that the window is bad news for unsettling players.

If we didnt have the transfer window you'd have these rumours all season long not just one month.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 30 Jan 2009 14:12

Royal Lady
boy1985 If Harpers in the squad for tomorrow then i'd assume there can't have been any agreement between the two clubs. Also if boro are willing to pay 5mil for Harper surely they'd of been able to have beaten Hull to signing Bullard? I have feeling this is all nonsense anyway
'greed +1.

Why would clubs wait until the final day to do a deal? If they want Harps they'd have signed him today - he wouldn't be training with us if a move was imminent. Same with SHunt.

Loads of deals only happen in the last day or so of the window so I don't see why you're so surprised about the timing.

Players have played whilst mooted deals are being negotiated too so AP's suggestion might not be too daft.

EastStander

by EastStander » 30 Jan 2009 14:22

Harper doesnt want to go, press is stirring it up. Simple.

944 posts