Shane Long

1472 posts
Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Shane Long

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Feb 2009 14:13

cmonurz Woodcote is becoming very aggressive on this thread. Why is the belief that Lita is a better option than Long 'pathetic hero worship?'

What aggression? Believe me, you're not worth the effort.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 06 Feb 2009 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Feb 2009 14:22

brendywendy
I was simply challenging your assertion that lita had admitted his attitude had been poor.
whether he chose to return or not is totally irrelevant-hence why i never even mentioned it

When he was talking about going on loan because he wanted to play he said "my attitude was not the best, to be honest" or words very close to that.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 06 Feb 2009 15:24

brendywendy
Snowball
brendywendy [quote="Woodcote Royal

Or, Lita was a selfish twat who, unlike Long and the rest of the squad, put his interests before the team.

Actually, Lita, unlike some of his dim witted fans, has already admitted his poor attitude in this respect which should help his future here far more than some of the pathetic, unjustified hero worship above.

didnt he just said before i just wanted to play, if it wasnt here i needed time on loan, now he has realised it is better to stay and fight for a place
i see nothing in this that admits poor attitude, just that his desperation to play took precedence before

That is plain DAFT. SSC brought him back because he couldn't stay at Norwich on any
other terms other than loan to season's end or a full transfer.
It wasn't Lita CHOOSING to come back. Read the stuff he said at Norwich

if you could kindly just show me where i put anything to do with lita choosing to return, and ill gladly admit im daft
otherwise be prepared for some allegations of daftness coming right back atcha you statistically challenged newcomer.

i was simply challenging your assertion that lita had admitted his attitude had been poor.
whether he chose to return or not is totally irrelevant-hence why i never even mentioned it[/quote]

What does: now he has realised it is better to stay and fight for a place mean, then?

I think Lita had some awkward choices and worked out what was best for him which is fair enough

Stay at Norwich, get 5% of 300,000, lose form in a possible relegation side.
OR
(If it's true) Go to Sheffield United who have about a 10% chance (if that) of promotion
OR
Come back to Reading, play enough games to get a promoted or champions medal, be in the Prem and THEN decide.

It's a no-brainer and totally selfish, and if he "goes up with Reading" and leaves he makes a lot more money

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 06 Feb 2009 15:34

Woodcote Royal
cmonurz Woodcote is becoming very aggressive on this thread. Why is the belief that Lita is a better option than Long 'pathetic hero worship?'

Yep, like that.

Nice edit.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 06 Feb 2009 15:43

Shane can be da best if he is just given a chance

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Feb 2009 15:56

Snowball
brendywendy
Snowball [quote="brendywendy

didnt he just said before i just wanted to play, if it wasnt here i needed time on loan, now he has realised it is better to stay and fight for a place
i see nothing in this that admits poor attitude, just that his desperation to play took precedence before

That is plain DAFT. SSC brought him back because he couldn't stay at Norwich on any
other terms other than loan to season's end or a full transfer.
It wasn't Lita CHOOSING to come back. Read the stuff he said at Norwich

if you could kindly just show me where i put anything to do with lita choosing to return, and ill gladly admit im daft
otherwise be prepared for some allegations of daftness coming right back atcha you statistically challenged newcomer.

i was simply challenging your assertion that lita had admitted his attitude had been poor.
whether he chose to return or not is totally irrelevant-hence why i never even mentioned it

What does: now he has realised it is better to stay and fight for a place mean, then?

I think Lita had some awkward choices and worked out what was best for him which is fair enough

Stay at Norwich, get 5% of 300,000, lose form in a possible relegation side.
OR
(If it's true) Go to Sheffield United who have about a 10% chance (if that) of promotion
OR
Come back to Reading, play enough games to get a promoted or champions medal, be in the Prem and THEN decide.

It's a no-brainer and totally selfish, and if he "goes up with Reading" and leaves he makes a lot more money[/quote]

it means that he now thinks it better to fight for his place, why what do you think it means mr self importance?

and you think he should have just stayed and shut up and played in the reserves?

i fail to see how saying, "if possible boss id rather go and get some games than play in the reserves ", how is that indicative of a bad attitude? coppell certainly didnt think it was.
lita has now changed his mind due to many reasons, mainly because now in form he feels better placed to take that 2/3 choice berth, and because-getting promoted with reading after playing a full part and playing well puts him in prime position to either get a free transfer to the prem and lots of money, or a new improved contract with reading-looking after his own best interests is selfish i suppose, but not in a way that affects the rest of the squad.

mostly though im still waiting for you to prove that lita had said he had a bad attitude.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Feb 2009 16:05

juanpablo Shane can be da best if he is just given a chance

You have to earn that chance, in the eyes of the only people that matter, the RFC management team, he hasn't done quite enough in his time here as he is still just a sub at best in their eyes.

It doesn't matter how many stats are put down this is the only fact that matters.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 06 Feb 2009 16:20

I used to be a big fan of Long, he was a really exciting prospect. In 2006, his breakthrough year, everything he did seemed to turn to gold, whether that was 1st team, reserves, or pre-season friendlies. But I actually think he’s gone backwards in the last 18 months. He’s still often a good impact player, even at international level he won a penalty this season, but more often than not is completely ineffective when he starts a game.

I expected him to get 5-10 goals this season. If he doesn’t get at least 5 than im not sure he’s got any future at the club anymore.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Feb 2009 16:35

Both players are not good enough, end of. Why the obsession with Lita? He's spent four years at the club and had about 3/4 of a decent season during that period put together. If he was any good, Norwich would've stumped up cash for him, as would Charlton. As for Long, generally forwards need intelligence and a first touch.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Feb 2009 16:44

Royalee Both players are not good enough, end of. Why the obsession with Lita? He's spent four years at the club and had about 3/4 of a decent season during that period put together. If he was any good, Norwich would've stumped up cash for him, as would Charlton. As for Long, generally forwards need intelligence and a first touch.

Slight problem with that is that both those clubs are broke hence the reliance on loanees.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Feb 2009 16:46

I'm sure they could've afforded the five pence Lita's worth.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Feb 2009 16:46

Woodcote Royal
brendywendy
I was simply challenging your assertion that lita had admitted his attitude had been poor.

When he was talking about going on loan because he wanted to play he said "my attitude was not the best, to be honest" or words very close to that.

source?

not the best, or worse than now, is no way near a tacit admission of a "bad " attitude

edit

forgot wink :wink:
Last edited by brendywendy on 06 Feb 2009 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Feb 2009 16:47

Snowball Forgetting overall form, is anyone surprised that SSC is talking of starting Lita tomorrow?

If he dropped Lita again for Noel, Noel would think, "I'm automatic choice when not injured"
just like Doyle thinks it's Doyle plus one other.

Lita is bound to be fired up. If he does well, gets goals then his price (money to HIM) goes up
and if he gets 1-2 goals he'll keep the shirt.

Personally I think Noel Hunt is a far better player than Lita but it's good to feel worried.

Amazing decison indeed considering the 20-Premiership goals a season Shane Long doesn't get a mention.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 06 Feb 2009 16:48

Stranded

You have to earn that chance, in the eyes of the only people that matter, the RFC management team, he hasn't done quite enough in his time here as he is still just a sub at best in their eyes.

It doesn't matter how many stats are put down this is the only fact that matters.

"Longy needs to do it now or move on".

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 06 Feb 2009 17:32

cmonurz
Woodcote Royal

Yep, like that.

Where?

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 06 Feb 2009 20:40

Get Shane in

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Feb 2009 21:25

juanpablo Get Shane in on loan Brentford

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 07 Feb 2009 00:04

Platypuss
Stranded

"Longy needs to do it now or move on".

Contract until 2011

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Feb 2009 02:58

there is only one shane long

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 07 Feb 2009 21:16

How was Leroy today? Would NHunt have done better? Would Shane have done better?

1472 posts