RFC "Legends"

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RFC "Legends"

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Sep 2011 09:21

Graeme Murty. Happened to be captain during our most successful period, but had limited ability and all he did was moan at others around him. For someone that was signed as a winger, he couldn't cross for shit.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Sep 2011 09:32

Pepe the Horseman Graeme Murty. Happened to be captain during our most successful period, but had limited ability and all he did was moan at others around him. For someone that was signed as a winger, he couldn't cross for shit.

:shock: no!!

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 26 Sep 2011 09:47

Pepe the Horseman Graeme Murty. Happened to be captain during our most successful period, but had limited ability and all he did was moan at others around him. For someone that was signed as a winger, he couldn't cross for shit.

ALOL

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 26 Sep 2011 09:50

FiNeRaIn I don't really think forster was selfish, I think a big flaw in his game was his vision and awareness and the fact he never looked at whats around him enough, if he had those attributes he would have been playing regularly in the prem.

Quite agree but I`d go further. If Forster could have played with his head up he would have been an England player.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 26 Sep 2011 10:44

Negative_Jeff
FiNeRaIn I don't really think forster was selfish, I think a big flaw in his game was his vision and awareness and the fact he never looked at whats around him enough, if he had those attributes he would have been playing regularly in the prem.

Quite agree but I`d go further. If Forster could have played with his head up he would have been an England player.

tbh both these comments are pretty fair.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 26 Sep 2011 10:58

I've got to say, I'm a bit :o and :| at the idea that Parky and Senior aren't bona fide RFC legends.

Hugo Boss
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Hugo Boss » 26 Sep 2011 11:38

I'm a bit like that at the suggestion of Hartenburger!! :lol:

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 26 Sep 2011 11:42

the RFC fans love for Murty knows no sensible boundaries. I was sl8ed on ehre for saying he was shit on BBCRB on Monday mornings :roll:

good call on Forster

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 26 Sep 2011 11:44

The issue here is really about what constitutes a legend. For some (and I think they are wrong) it means that the player has to have been an outstanding talent. For me the legend bit comes from what they gave to the club in commitment and performance. Hence Parky is; Murty is; I also add Forster in to that group; there are many others too. If a player was/is Reading through and through then he is beginning to look like a legend. Dean Horrix definitely is a legend and so is T Senior. R Friday is the stand out one - who also happens to have been an immense talent. Compare him with Tom Jenkins, another immense talent but never a legend

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 26 Sep 2011 12:09

whisper it quietly but I'd go for Kevin Dillon - never really sure what he added as a player or manager...

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 26 Sep 2011 12:13

I never liked "Murts" tbh. Can't imagine his teammates did either - he's one of those really earnest cockends you always have in your side who annoy the piss out of you.

Oh what, you've just fallen over and given away another goal but it's okay coz you've clapped Y25 a lot and gone on the radio with your missus? Fook off.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 26 Sep 2011 12:19

Players who clap the fans are worse than Hitler.

In terms of legends, I'll chuck in Steve Richardson. Hard-working, thighs the size of a small country (n/h) and would spin the ball on his hand when taking throw-ins.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 27 Sep 2011 16:58

WHat you will notice about Reading legends is........(with the exception of RObin Friday, who was a legend for mainly all the wrong reasons)

None of them were the most skillful players. They were just try hards on the pitch.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 27 Sep 2011 17:01

Bandini Players who clap the fans are worse than Hitler.

In terms of legends, I'll chuck in Steve Richardson. Hard-working, thighs the size of a small country (n/h) and would spin the ball on his hand when taking throw-ins.

^greed

Probably just because of the era that I was introduced to RFC but many of the players around that time are legends in my eyes.

Mark White was another that always gave everything for the cause.

zummerset

by zummerset » 27 Sep 2011 17:51

Wax Jacket the RFC fans love for Murty knows no sensible boundaries. I was sl8ed on ehre for saying he was shit on BBCRB on Monday mornings :roll:

Was that every Monday morning? Churchy must get the same press :|