Back from the game - Brizzle City

128 posts
Bristol Paul

Back from the game - Brizzle City

by Bristol Paul » 27 Sep 2011 22:27

Truly a game of 2 halves, well the first 70 and then the last 20. First 70 minutes, we could honestly have been 5 down, the back 4 were constantly isolated by quick City breaks, the midfield were miles from the defence and Church, LeFondre and Hunt might well as not been there, especially Church who did absolutely squat diddley all night.

Playing Hunt as a wide man is a complete waste of time, he is a centre forward or on the bench for me. With McAnuff looking fairly disinterested for the first 70 minutes, the 2 full backs were constantly facing one on ones, and if it hadn't been for Federici and the crossbar (twice), this could have been a huge hiding and embarassing.

Suddently McDonut saw the light, realised we had managed to put in so far the worst away performance in years, and decided that Church was sh@te and Hunt was after all a centre forward. On came Robson-Kanu and a more balanced 4-4-2 and we didn't look back. The full backs could go forward knowing that the 2 wide men were capable of helping out the defence, the midfield (well Leigertwood rather than Tabb who I thought was poor) decided to take part in the game and the forwards started to look constantly dangerous. It also helped that David James lived upto Calamity and the City players then froze at the prospect of their first home win of the season. As usual McDonut made great subs at the right time.

Didnt get a great view of the goals, but the mutterings of the homes fans as I left told a story with "f*ck off back to Exeter" being a common expletive to their goalie.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game - Brizzle City

by Maguire » 27 Sep 2011 22:39

Bristol Paul Truly a game of 2 halves, well the first 70 and then the last 20. First 70 minutes, we could honestly have been 5 down, the back 4 were constantly isolated by quick City breaks, the midfield were miles from the defence and Church, LeFondre and Hunt might well as not been there, especially Church who did absolutely squat diddley all night.

Playing Hunt as a wide man is a complete waste of time, he is a centre forward or on the bench for me. With McAnuff looking fairly disinterested for the first 70 minutes, the 2 full backs were constantly facing one on ones, and if it hadn't been for Federici and the crossbar (twice), this could have been a huge hiding and embarassing.

Suddently McDonut saw the light, realised we had managed to put in so far the worst away performance in years, and decided that Church was sh@te and Hunt was after all a centre forward. On came Robson-Kanu and a more balanced 4-4-2 and we didn't look back. The full backs could go forward knowing that the 2 wide men were capable of helping out the defence, the midfield (well Leigertwood rather than Tabb who I thought was poor) decided to take part in the game and the forwards started to look constantly dangerous. It also helped that David James lived upto Calamity and the City players then froze at the prospect of their first home win of the season. As usual McDonut made great subs at the right time.

Didnt get a great view of the goals, but the mutterings of the homes fans as I left told a story with "f*ck off back to Exeter" being a common expletive to their goalie.

How did you get back so soon? I don't believe you were even there.

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 27 Sep 2011 22:40

Maguire
Bristol Paul Truly a game of 2 halves, well the first 70 and then the last 20. First 70 minutes, we could honestly have been 5 down, the back 4 were constantly isolated by quick City breaks, the midfield were miles from the defence and Church, LeFondre and Hunt might well as not been there, especially Church who did absolutely squat diddley all night.

iPhones m8

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Sep 2011 22:40

Maguire

Adds fuel to the conspiracy theory that not all Nobbers live in Reading :shock:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 27 Sep 2011 22:40

whoosh.

But I bet his name's not really Paul.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 27 Sep 2011 22:56

Can't even believe someone got whooshed for that,

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 27 Sep 2011 22:58

Manset's good at those injury time goals.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 27 Sep 2011 23:06

M-U-R-T-Y Manset's good at those injury time goals.

I make that 5 goals for us. 4 after 85th minute, 2 in injury time. Unbelievable.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 27 Sep 2011 23:08

Bristol Paul - no shit Sherlock

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 27 Sep 2011 23:09

rhroyal

I make that 5 goals for us. 4 after 85th minute, 2 in injury time. Unbelievable.

Welcome to HNA, where 4 + 2 = 5.

The Glory Days :(

by The Glory Days :( » 27 Sep 2011 23:11

M-U-R-T-Y
rhroyal

hes saying that of the 5 hes scored 4 have been after 85 minutes, of the 4 after the 85 minutes 2 have been in injury time :D

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 27 Sep 2011 23:12

M-U-R-T-Y
rhroyal

not mutually exclusive

HTH

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 27 Sep 2011 23:13

I also made a typo; it's 3 in injury time.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 27 Sep 2011 23:14

just seen the goals, cracking finish by Manset good lad

M-U-R-T-Y
Hob Nob Regular

by M-U-R-T-Y » 27 Sep 2011 23:16

rhroyal I also made a typo; it's 3 in injury time.

I see now.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 27 Sep 2011 23:19

Focher just seen the goals, cracking finish by Manset good lad

Yep, just clipped his bell and went in. Natural finisher.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 27 Sep 2011 23:21

rfcjoe

Doyle's bell>>>Manset's bell

The Prisoner
Hob Nob Regular

by The Prisoner » 27 Sep 2011 23:21

rfcjoe

Class finish, but LOL at James for the other two goals!

Humanistic

by Humanistic » 27 Sep 2011 23:28

One of the most bizarre games I've been to in recent years. To be as shambolic as we were for 70 minutes, and still win, remarkable.

Tbh I hope City don't go down, Ashton Gate is a quality awayer - low roof, no point in sitting down. Always makes for a decent atmos even when you don't get a massive turnout like this evening.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 27 Sep 2011 23:31

Agree with almost all of that - apart from the bits about Legs and Jay, who I thought were poor and OK, respectively.

Oh, and I'm back at my digs in Brizzle, not Crowthers.

128 posts