Back from the game - Hull

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Back from the game - Hull

by floyd__streete » 21 Jan 2012 17:38

The usual absoloute mince with absolutely zero positives to take from it.

Hold on wait a minute - the huge positive is that the new investors won't want to spaff however-many-millions away on that kind of sh*t, so the big positive is that we can presumably look forward to some new players being brought in to replace absolute dross such as Antonio, Church and Cummings. Hallelujah.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game - Hull

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Jan 2012 17:40

Day started off with some good news and thank god as the match itself was utterly dreadful.

No way did Hull deserve to win that in a million years. They had one shot on goal and the goal itself wasn't within the spirit of the game. The guy who scored was onside but mclean who was off was completely active and massively distracting, the offside rule if this was legal is completely wrong. You can't have players who are stood 3/4 years offside suddenly start getting in everyone's way.

The Positives - I like the look of HRK , the rest of our team was so bad that when the ball made its way towards him I thought " thank god its with the seasoned veteran" such was his composure compared to everyone elses.
Church started well but completed faded out of the game, cummings I thought looked better again and he put himself about a bit. The back 5 are actually pretty decent for this level at the moment.

Negatives: Karacan/Antonio/Tabb....absolute horror show. Karacan tried two passes in the first 8 mins...both of which went into touch and the rest of the afternoon he was rank rotton. He conceded posession about 8 times, wasted our best attacking moves through lack of awareness and composure and the Hull goal came from him losing possession, awful performance from him but such is his blinded supported on this forum no doubt a couple of plebs will say he was good. Tabb faded in and out and Antonio despite 1/2 good crosses was a worse version of the early Jimmy Kebe with his decision making.

Thank god we've got some time to bring players in before the end of Jan.

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

Hull - back from the dull game

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2012 17:41

Well that was disappointing.

Reading huffed and puffed but never looked like blowing the Hull door down.

We are obviously lacking in quality as the RFC policy for some years now has been to sell any player that looked like they might be worth more than a bag of beans - so it is not surprising to be fair. The only surprise is that McD continues to keep us at the top end of the division.

The defence had nothing to do except the once that Hull threatened – they were caught flat footed and Hull scored.

Karacan is the one of the few quality players we have – but he is not a creative player. Tabb ran around a lot. HRK was largely quiet today. Antonio has energy and desire and fought for everything but lacks any quality with the final ball.

Hunt toiled without success and Church again pretended (against all the mounting evidence) that he is a footballer. He is very good at running around though. ALF did little better when he came on.

Hull were organised in defence and held Reading off well - despite a poor looking keeper.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 21 Jan 2012 17:49

The only positive can take from that match is half of them hopefully won't be playing come next week, absolutely awful can see now why antonio doesn't come close to getting into starting 11 minus injuries.

Nothing upfront either, don't understand why church starts in front of Alfie!

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 21 Jan 2012 17:57

Not totally surprised with todays performance as several of the guys on show will be concerned as to where they will be at the start of next season, conversly of course you would have hoped that they would have gone hammer and nail to impress, however it must be glaringly obvious to some that they have no chance, irrespective how they do, when the expected cull sets in, however big it is.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Hull - back from the dull game

by Big Ern » 21 Jan 2012 18:15

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 21 Jan 2012 18:17

I must be missing something here..........

I actually thought we played rather well in the 1st half. If some of the final balls had been more accurate we could've had the game won by HT. Thought Karacan & Hunt were outstanding 1st half.

Admittedly 2nd half we weren't so good but I certainly didn't think it was bad. Antonio put a decent shift & Gorkss was immense as always.

Strange.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:20

1st half we were in control without testing their rather nervous looking keeper. There was a fair amount of hoofball though. WIngers were effective on the first half.

2nd half we were dire. Wingers were in effective mainly due to the aimless hoofing and Antonio, strikers were flicking it onto no-one and we created very little.

Ref was a joke!!

For their goal it did look as if the eventual goalscorer was onside tbh. I was sat in line with the defenders at the time but I'm sure the replays will confirm whether or not it was the correct decision.

Player Ratings

Fed 6 - had little to do. Made one great save from a free kick and could do nothing with their goal.

Cummings 7 - solid, good touch, actually tried to pass the bloody ball.
Gorkss 7 - won everything in the air
Pearce 6 - Solid but produce some wayward passing.
Harte 6 - passing wasnt his best but played ok. He was the last man for their goal and I honestly thought he played the Hull Striker on from where i was sitting.

Antonio 4 - My god is he awful. In the first half he just about got the beating of his man then he would either loose the ball, pick the wrong pass or fail to get a cross in! Second half he couldnt control it and did you see those 2 crosses that went into the north stand from him. Wow!He'll be off come the summer.

Karacan 6 - a couple of wayward passes but he worked his socks off and he got forward well. The amount of times he was free in the box, we should have picked him out! unlucky when he was trying to play church in as he was slightly off balance. Broke up play well too. I know finerain and Floyyd will disagree though!

Tabb 5 - Didn't offer a lot tbh and karacan seemed to be doing tabbs job of breaking up play as well!

HRK 6- The better of the 2 wingers. great bit of skill to play cummings in 1st half. His delivery was generally very good. second half he faded a bit though and tbf the ball was being hoofed over their defence half the time!

Hunt 5 - I've never liked him. He's a nice guy, works hard, has a good leap, But that's it. The amount of times he heads it onto no-one is ridiculous. had a good chance at the end, which he should have done a lot better with. No creativity and didn't get a single shot off.

Church 6 - He didn't get a lot of service tbf and when the ball is being pinged at him at 100mph what is he supposed to do! showed great control, tried to start off attacking moves when he had the ball and shouldn't have been subbed.

Subs
Le Fondre - not much he could do but didn't do alot when he have the ball.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 21 Jan 2012 18:30

Well that was a turn up
Hull were woeful and didn't have a clue. I am sure with a full strength side we would have won that quite comfortably. Probably the worse side to visit Mad Stad this season.
They got a bit lucky with what looked to me (albeit from the North Stand) an offside goal.
Not saying we played well, but we sure didn't deserve to lose that.
Plus points were Karacan who totally controlled the midfield and Hunt who just didn't seem to get the rub of the green.
Antonio and HRK were poor, the rest bar Gorkks where pretty Meh!
The tw@t Rosinier looked like a rabbit caught in the headlight, how that mercenary earns a living as a "footballer" is astonishing. Mind you he still managed to do a triple pike and double twist when he lost the ball, causing Hunt to get booked. :shock:
Still moving on to Bristol next week. Tevez and Rooney up front please Brian :wink:

Svlad Cjelli
Hob Nob Regular
Location: It's the Premier LEAGUE, you cretins. The Premiership hasn't existed for years.

by Svlad Cjelli » 21 Jan 2012 18:31

Singularly unimpressed with Antonio.

He had lots of the ball and some great possession, but didn't seem to want to attack it. I can only remember a couple of decent crosses from him, compared to over ten times where he could have crossed and didn't or crossed very poorly.

He just doesn't seem to be seizing this chance with any great desire or hunger.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 21 Jan 2012 18:33

No need for a protracted match report, we are just not good enough (to go up) .......... anywhere on the pitch

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:38

Svlad Cjelli Singularly unimpressed with Antonio.

He had lots of the ball and some great possession, but didn't seem to want to attack it. I can only remember a couple of decent crosses from him, compared to over ten times where he could have crossed and didn't or crossed very poorly.

From what I've seen of him, it's because he's crap.

Nice to see some consistency in the match reviews! :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Jan 2012 18:40

He's atrocious.

Obita must be failing to make the grade big time based on how bad antonio is and gets in the team. Another castle/darren campbell

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 21 Jan 2012 18:45

FiNeRaIn He's atrocious.

Obita must be failing to make the grade big time based on how bad antonio is and gets in the team. Another castle/darren campbell

Very harsh. He did well at Southampton and Colchester on loan (so has already proved he is league 1 level) and is still a young player. At least he gave 100% even if he has a lot of improving to do.

Obita is only 18 so give him a chance as well.

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:46

Ian Royal
Svlad Cjelli Singularly unimpressed with Antonio.

From what I've seen of him, it's because he's crap.

Nice to see some consistency in the match reviews! :lol:

:lol:

Plymouth_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Plymouth_Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:49

andrew1957
FiNeRaIn He's atrocious.

Very harsh. He did well at Southampton and Colchester on loan (so has already proved he is league 1 level) and is still a young player. At least he gave 100% even if he has a lot of improving to do.

Obita is only 18 so give him a chance as well.

I agree about Obita, isn't he 17? He'll be good but he's been injured most of the season. Since he's recovered he's been playing in the academy to get up to speed.

Anotonio did ok at Southampton and well at Colchester but we have better prospects than him. Ryan Edwards (it might be cameron, its the one that plays on the wing), Obita and HRK

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:51

Andrew1957 wrote; Obita is only 18 so give him a chance as well.

Obita needs to go on out loan and get some games under his belt with a Div 1 or Div 2 side.

Hemenbruff Royal
Location: North Reading. Actually very north Reading. Okay, Yorkshire.

by Hemenbruff Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:51

Listened to the match commentary on BBC Radio Humberside and even they (in their obviously biased for the Hull audience opinion) said Reading were by far the better team, and that Hull were hanging on and lucky not to be a couple of goals behind.

Then they scored, so I switched off cos couldn't stand hearing two feckwit Hull biased commentators wetting themselves over the fact they were in front.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Jan 2012 18:52

Hemenbruff Royal Listened to the match commentary on BBC Radio Humberside and even they (in their obviously biased for the Hull audience opinion) said Reading were by far the better team, and that Hull were hanging on and lucky not to be a couple of goals behind.

Then they scored, so I switched off cos couldn't hearing two feckwit Hull biased commentators wetting themselves over the fact they were in front.

SSN also said something along the lines that we'd been battering them and they scored against the run of play.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Jan 2012 18:53

There is no way they deserved to win that in a million years. They managed to as we were so atrocious going forward we didn't force their keeper to even make a proper save.