Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Portsmouth fc

by Friday's Legacy » 01 May 2012 06:59

Portsmouth expect to lose 17-18 players this summer. They have to be a good bet for another relegation next season.

Skyline

by Skyline » 01 May 2012 07:20

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 May 2012 08:58

Mr Angry Trevor Birch has publically stated that Pompey only have enough money to survive until June (not clear if thats the beginning or the end of June, but there you go), but not beyond then.

He has also spoken to 2 "interested parties" but the talks have got nowhere - presumably the moment he said "Ok, show us your money?" they melted away......

A representative of Chanrai stated at the recent creditors meeting that he "won't let the club die"; presumably to do so would mean him losing his £17M that is owed to him...

The PFA has said that their members are owed £26M - IF Pompey get liquidated.

Greg Halford and Jason Pearce have already got new clubs to move to (undisclosed) whilst Joel Ward is off to Ipswich. Appleton has said that Kitson, Benjani and Kanu HAVE to leave the club "...otherwise the club will not survive". He is hopeful that an agreement can be reached for those players to agree to leave.

Jason Pearce would be good for Reading.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 01 May 2012 09:21

Please let them [the club] be liquidised.

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 01 May 2012 09:22

Please let them [the fans] be liquidised.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 01 May 2012 12:59

Yeah turn Fratton Park into a nice petting zoo for the kiddies! :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 May 2012 17:51

:|

Your average home crowd is, what, 16,000? Club needing every penny to avert liquidation and week-in week-out you didn't come close to selling out. Gr8 support. LOL @ the erroneous and immodest assumption anyone who has to declare themselves 'the world's best' at anything makes tbh. They don't half believe their own hype, Pompey fans! I've always found them brash and unfriendly tbh. If Pompey fans were made of chocolate they'd lick themselves (they are in fact made of sweat and piss).

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 01 May 2012 18:09

Agree Floyd. They go on as if they are a Norwich or Derby. They didn't even sell out there poxy ground when they were in the prem. They took 40,000 to Wembley but so did we as far back as 1988. Who in there right mind would buy that dump?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 May 2012 19:08

Whereas i understand a lot of the PFC bashing, it is a tad ott. How many Reading fans would support the club if faced with extinction? 2,000? 3,000? That's what happened back in 1983. Maybe more now but if the club was at the wrong end of the table facing oblivion, I would expect crowds to drop to 11-12,000.

As for bringing up Wembley, 1988 was our first visit so we were always going to take loads. Plus, there were not the hangers on in the Simod Cup compared to what you get with the FA Cup Final. Ticket availability for clubs at the Cup Final has always been a travesty.

Wiggypop

by Wiggypop » 01 May 2012 19:22

Terminal Boardom Whereas i understand a lot of the PFC bashing, it is a tad ott. How many Reading fans would support the club if faced with extinction? 2,000? 3,000? That's what happened back in 1983. Maybe more now but if the club was at the wrong end of the table facing oblivion, I would expect crowds to drop to 11-12,000.

As for bringing up Wembley, 1988 was our first visit so we were always going to take loads. Plus, there were not the hangers on in the Simod Cup compared to what you get with the FA Cup Final. Ticket availability for clubs at the Cup Final has always been a travesty.

I think it's more than pfc fans truly believe they are the worlds best - I don't know many Reading fans that say similar things

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 May 2012 21:26

TBF to at least one of them my brother's housemate who lives in East London is going to every home game he can get to whilst the club exists to help it out, which from East London is a fair trek every other week.

sheshnu

by sheshnu » 01 May 2012 22:41

In that case Portsmouth fans are definitely the best in the world, can't think of anybody else who'd do that. "Every game he can get to every other week"? :lol:

They're just the same as everybody else for gawd's sake.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 02 May 2012 02:41

Terminal Boardom Whereas i understand a lot of the PFC bashing, it is a tad ott. How many Reading fans would support the club if faced with extinction? 2,000? 3,000? That's what happened back in 1983. Maybe more now but if the club was at the wrong end of the table facing oblivion, I would expect crowds to drop to 11-12,000.

Towards the end of the season they slashed ticket prices to try and fill the the ground which I would add they failed to do. Whilst I agree we would struggle to get 10,000 if we were in a simaler plight, we pride ourselves on being fickle part timers and don't try to make out we are anything else. For the record I was one of the ones who marched with the coffin down Oxford Road in 83 to save the club from Maxwell.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 May 2012 07:26

Yes but they sign a lot don't they.

And they have that fooking bell.

And that guy with the tats and top hat, a model supporter. :lol:

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 02 May 2012 08:07

St Pauli TBF to at least one of them my brother's housemate who lives in East London is going to every home game he can get to whilst the club exists to help it out, which from East London is a fair trek every other week.

jubilee line to waterloo and then the train to fratton a fair trek once every other week if he can make it?

really puts himself out so he does

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 May 2012 10:25

weybridgewanderer
St Pauli TBF to at least one of them my brother's housemate who lives in East London is going to every home game he can get to whilst the club exists to help it out, which from East London is a fair trek every other week.

jubilee line to waterloo and then the train to fratton a fair trek once every other week if he can make it?

If he's not a Pompey fan that's a hell of an effort.

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 02 May 2012 11:06

weybridgewanderer

I travel from Luton, there's guys on here that travel from MK, Ipswich & I'm sure some beyond, to Reading every other week,

Does that make us better than "the worlds best supporters" :?:

Not that I like them, but I think celtic to name just one club, offer better support than pompey.

Even watching the crap that is Aberdeen just now, can still take thousands to away matches over 100 miles away! :roll:

blindedbythelights

by blindedbythelights » 02 May 2012 11:15

yeah, agreed. I'd say Celtic fans are the best in the world

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 02 May 2012 11:41

blindedbythelights yeah, agreed. I'd say Celtic fans are the best in the world

At what?

Deadlock
Hob Nob Regular
Location: There's nothing of value there and the people make very poor slaves.

by Deadlock » 02 May 2012 12:01

PieEater And they have that fooking bell.

And that guy with the tats and top hat, a model supporter. :lol:

That'll be the guy with the tats, the top hat, AND the bell (as well as a bugle he can't play and the ridiculous name John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood).

Fortunately, now I have an excuse to post this old cartoon by Ormondroyd (see the end).

1559 posts