Portsmouth fc

1559 posts
WestCoast Life
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Portsmouth fc

by WestCoast Life » 23 Jul 2012 12:00

Geekins Scare mongering to the players i bet. I hope Kitson gets them liquidated, will be a legend in my eyes! :P

Latest :

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/ben-haim-fails-to-accept-letter-from-pompey-fans-1-4084595

Striker Dave Kitson initially refused the letter and drove into the car park because they believed the fans were members of the media

As Kitson got out of his car safely inside the training ground car park, he was seen to goad the supporters by putting his hand to his ear.

One of the supporters shouted at him: ‘Cheers Dave. You don’t even have the decency to stop and take a letter’.

While others shouted: ‘Ignorance is bliss’.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 23 Jul 2012 12:02

I h8 Pompey as much as anyone and they deserve to be folded. However just again highlights what a total c**t Dave Kitson is. you'd have thought being a Sainsbury's shelf stacker until his early 20's would mean he'd have some humility.

The fact no club has shown interest in him says it all.

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 23 Jul 2012 12:06

WestCoast Life
Geekins Scare mongering to the players i bet. I hope Kitson gets them liquidated, will be a legend in my eyes! :P

Latest :

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/ben-haim-fails-to-accept-letter-from-pompey-fans-1-4084595

Striker Dave Kitson initially refused the letter and drove into the car park because they believed the fans were members of the media

As Kitson got out of his car safely inside the training ground car park, he was seen to goad the supporters by putting his hand to his ear.

One of the supporters shouted at him: ‘Cheers Dave. You don’t even have the decency to stop and take a letter’.

It's that Dave isn't ignorant to the shafting Pompey are giving everyone that sees him in this position in the first place.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 23 Jul 2012 12:23

WestCoast Life

Latest :

Hardcore scenes in Portsmouth.

Dare to Dr£am
Hob Nob Regular

by Dare to Dr£am » 23 Jul 2012 12:24

Alan Partridge I h8 Pompey as much as anyone and they deserve to be folded. However just again highlights what a total c**t Dave Kitson is. you'd have thought being a Sainsbury's shelf stacker until his early 20's would mean he'd have some humility.

The fact no club has shown interest in him says it all.

You'd think, but now he's a multi-millionaire who doesn't have a care in the world. He's always had the arrogance, now he has the wealth as well = tosser. BUT I hope he shafts Pompey for every penny he's owed!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Jul 2012 12:27

I have genuine sympathy with the players on this; they are being asked to defer what is owed to them as part of a CVA that has been shown previously to not be worth the paper its printed on.

If I was them, I'd be demanding what I was owed as well.

Wax Jacket
Hob Nob Legend

by Wax Jacket » 23 Jul 2012 12:41

yep it's not the cleverest idea this letter

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 23 Jul 2012 17:42

How have they still got players on 36k?

Pompey must have offered long terms contract from their spell in the Premiership to Kanu and co.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 23 Jul 2012 17:49

Surely Chanrai will stump up the cash to keep Dave above the poverty line rather than miss out on millions?

Part of the deal that the football league put forward to PFC is that all football creditors are paid in full before the season starts and
that Chanrai cant carry forward whats owed to him to the new CVA (£18 miillion owed )
The parachute payments will go towards paying the football creditors if the club go pop so basically for Kitson and the rest to get the money they are owed ( they have had most of their wages defered ) they NEED Poopy to go bust.
Kanu is now owed £3,000,000 in defered wages and will only get it when liquidation happens

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Jul 2012 18:02

Super_horns How have they still got players on 36k?

Pompey must have offered long terms contract from their spell in the Premiership to Kanu and co.

Kanu signed a 3 year contract in August 2010 - 6 months AFTER they had gone into administration, and 2 months BEFORE they exited administration.

Liam Lawrence signed a 4 year contract, and Kitson a 3 Year deal, in 2010 as part of the deal to take a Pompey player to Stoke; as Kitson's first game for them was in September 2010, this must have been BEFORE Pompey exited their 2010 administration, the same as Kanu.

Utter and complete financial madness and cheating and this could ONLY have been with the agreement of the then administrator.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 23 Jul 2012 18:16

Mr Angry Utter and complete financial madness and cheating and this could ONLY have been with the agreement of the then administrator.

Well he was quoted at the time as saying he was comfortable with these deals for £20k a week. What an incompetent oxf*rd.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2012 18:21

PieEater
Mr Angry Utter and complete financial madness and cheating and this could ONLY have been with the agreement of the then administrator.

Well he was quoted at the time as saying he was comfortable with these deals for £20k a week. What an incompetent oxf*rd.

No one is that incompetent. He had a fairly cosy relationship with the club's owner's already and had been accused of lacking a certain impartiality before iirc.

Super_horns
Hob Nob Regular

by Super_horns » 23 Jul 2012 18:24

So really Pompey have brought all this upon themselves.

Friday's Legacy
Hob Nob Regular

by Friday's Legacy » 23 Jul 2012 18:31

Super_horns So really Pompey have brought all this upon themselves.

Very much so. They were given a second chance, got their CVA, then went and openly broke their new wage structure (10k a week) by double (two players on 20k a week - Kitson and Lawrence) in the hope to challenge for the play-offs. Plus as mentioned above, TBH on almost 40k a week. Absolutely bonkers that they were even allowed to do it.

I just caught an interview on SSN with TBH. He said the administrator spoke to the players a few months ago about their wages, then they heard nothing since. It's all going through the media, rather than on a one to one basis. He also said that the administrator is earning as much, if not more than he is, and he hasn't discussed a pay-cut...

The club took out the contracts to bring the players in. It's their fault, and they owe the players money. It's hard not to side with the footballers on this one!

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Jul 2012 21:06

I also think its a bit ironic that the Pompey fans are giving these players a hard time; FFS - they WANTED the club to spend money on bringing in these players to help them get promotion, and now they turn on the players!!! This is why I have ZERO sympathy for the Pompey fans; all of this whining "Boo hoo - it wasn't OUR fault...." Er.....yes it was........YOU demanded success; YOU celebrated your tainted FA Cup win with players you couldn't afford, so now man up and take your well deserved day of reckoning as you disappear into the Solent, like a footballing Mary Rose - sinking under the weight of its own arrogance and bullsh1t.

Alexander Litvinenko
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Winner - HNA? Music Quiz 2013. The Great Sounds of Polonium 210.

by Alexander Litvinenko » 23 Jul 2012 21:07

Playing devil's advocate, the club also took out contracts with teh shop down teh road that supplies the pies and the bloke on the corner who prints the programmes, but they have to settle for bugger all in teh pound, whilst the players can stick around for their £20k a week.

It's the Football Creditors Rule that means that players share none of the risks when they sign the contract and so share none of the responsibility for what happens to the club - if FCR didn't exist such players would either have to leave or negotiate. But they know they won't get such good packages any more anywhere else, so what's their motivation for doing anything now?

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 23 Jul 2012 22:53

Taken from a Southampton forum ...

Portsmouth cannot currently offer a contract to anyone of course but they are supposedly introducing a strict £6k a week maximum wage for next season (in League 1 FFS!).
They currently have a number of triallists with them - some may indeed play against us tomorrow night. A number of those triallists have been attracted by the prospect of getting a deal at League 1 level but there are some who have been specifically targetted and have already been (unofficially) offered a deal at around £5k PLUS add-ons including additional pension benefits, image rights, appearance bonuses, goals bonuses, points bonuses, promotion bonuses....................... ............. in one case (and I have reason to suspect more than one) I understand that the recipient is guaranteed a package in the order of £7K to £8K a week as a minimum even though the theoretical wage cap will be adhered to.

Average player earnings for other clubs in League 1 are, I understand less than £2K a week

Portsmouth Football Club.................guaranteed never to learn from experience

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Jul 2012 23:19

Royal Monk Taken from a Southampton forum ...

Portsmouth cannot currently offer a contract to anyone of course but they are supposedly introducing a strict £6k a week maximum wage for next season (in League 1 FFS!).
They currently have a number of triallists with them - some may indeed play against us tomorrow night. A number of those triallists have been attracted by the prospect of getting a deal at League 1 level but there are some who have been specifically targetted and have already been (unofficially) offered a deal at around £5k PLUS add-ons including additional pension benefits, image rights, appearance bonuses, goals bonuses, points bonuses, promotion bonuses....................... ............. in one case (and I have reason to suspect more than one) I understand that the recipient is guaranteed a package in the order of £7K to £8K a week as a minimum even though the theoretical wage cap will be adhered to.

Average player earnings for other clubs in League 1 are, I understand less than £2K a week

Portsmouth Football Club.................guaranteed never to learn from experience

It's like they set their budgets thinking they're in the division above all the time. PL? Lets play one a Champions League budget. Championship? Lets cut out budget to a PL one. League One? We need to be conservative, lets make it a lower end Championship budget.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 24 Jul 2012 03:40

I would like to know how a club close to liquidation can still go on a pre season tour of Spain? They owe millions yet I would guess at the cheapest estimate for a sqaud of 20 staff would be £500 a head? So that's ten grand that could have gone on paying off debts? I have been made redundent, worked for firms that have closed down. And have never been rewarded with a holiday to Spain!

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Jul 2012 08:21

Jackson Corner I would like to know how a club close to liquidation can still go on a pre season tour of Spain? They owe millions yet I would guess at the cheapest estimate for a sqaud of 20 staff would be £500 a head? So that's ten grand that could have gone on paying off debts? I have been made redundent, worked for firms that have closed down. And have never been rewarded with a holiday to Spain!

I made 30 people redundant and took them on a first class trip to EuroDisney to thank them for their hard work - OK, it's not Spain but it can happen ....

1559 posts