Latest Conspiracy - Drenthe future in doubt

167 posts
maffff
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Latest Conspiracy - Drenthe future in doubt

by maffff » 01 Nov 2013 13:11

Royal Lady
One8Seven1 Adkins commented today that Drenthe and Williams had a good week training and will be upping it next week, then both post on Instagram that their off on holiday.

Are they going together?! :o

Honeymoon

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Nov 2013 13:19

TBM
soggy biscuit
One8Seven1 Adkins commented today that Drente and Williams had a good week training and will be upping it next week, then both post on Instagram that their off on holiday.

If you read between the lines it sounds like they are on holiday on her majesty's pleasure

Hmmm you could be right (see above)

I took it to be a thinly disguised dig at TSI.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Nov 2013 13:29

:lol:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 01 Nov 2013 15:11

soggy biscuit
One8Seven1 Adkins commented today that Drenthe and Williams had a good week training and will be upping it next week, then both post on Instagram that their off on holiday.

If you read between the lines it sounds like they are on holiday on her majesty's pleasure

Twitter idiots not noticing the time stamp on the pics.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Nov 2013 19:02

Yeah, as mentioned on TB, my spies inform me that Drenthe is in the squad for tomorrow...

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 01 Nov 2013 20:28

SPARTA
soggy biscuit

Twitter idiots not noticing the time stamp on the pics.

No surprise there.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 02 Nov 2013 14:27

Royal Lady Yeah, as mentioned on TB, my spies inform me that Drenthe is in the squad for tomorrow...

Your spies? Seriously?

Today's starting eleven:

McCarthy, Kelly, Gunter, Pearce, Morrison (C), Baird, Guthrie, McCleary, Obita, Robson-Kanu, Pogrebnyak

No Drenthe on the bench either.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Nov 2013 09:17

One8Seven1
Royal Lady Yeah, as mentioned on TB, my spies inform me that Drenthe is in the squad for tomorrow...

Your spies? Seriously?

Today's starting eleven:

McCarthy, Kelly, Gunter, Pearce, Morrison (C), Baird, Guthrie, McCleary, Obita, Robson-Kanu, Pogrebnyak

Yep - Drenthe HIMSELF said he was in the squad. Maybe, having trained, he thought he was, but as he'll be seeing these people again very soon, I'd be surprised he was just making it up. :|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Nov 2013 10:23

He does get very confused about when and where he's supposed to turn up. Like, for example, the time he played in Spain and turned up a week late from the winter break or the time at Everton where he was suspended for repeatedly turning up late to training.

I'd suggest that Royston Drenthe is probably one of the least reliable "spies" you could have regarding the whereabouts of Royston Drenthe.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 04 Nov 2013 18:02

sandman He does get very confused about when and where he's supposed to turn up. Like, for example, the time he played in Spain and turned up a week late from the winter break or the time at Everton where he was suspended for repeatedly turning up late to training.

I'd suggest that Royston Drenthe is probably one of the least reliable "spies" you could have regarding the whereabouts of Royston Drenthe.

:lol:

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 05 Nov 2013 12:44

My only thought about this (and I haven't read through the other pages so apologies if this was mentioned before) is if you want to look for a conspiracy then maybe it would be interesting to note that Karl Halabi goes while two of our (presumably) highest earners are still out injured with 'contact injuries' for almost two months. I certainly don't recall anyone believing they were going to be out that long when it happened. I am sure NA has been itching to bring in his old Sports Science bloke, but the fact that he hadn't already, makes me wonder if the two incidents could be linked.

specialjon

by specialjon » 05 Nov 2013 13:28

If we're talking about Williams then he is back in training http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/williams-back-training-1156280.aspx

Also, can you imagine this conversation. NA "Anton can I bring in Billy Sharp on loan?" AZ "Yeah sure. But you can't play Drenthe or williams" NA "Excellent, I'll sign him then."

Obviously this conversation didn't take place but do you really think this situation is likely or just people talking rubbish?

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 05 Nov 2013 13:31

I remember the Jason Roberts conspiracy when his hip was fine and he'd just fallen out with Brian. Simpler times.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 05 Nov 2013 13:33

specialjon NA "Anton can I bring in Billy Sharp on loan?" AZ "Yeah sure. But you can't play Drenthe or williams" NA "Excellent, I'll sign him then."

:shock: now we know.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 05 Nov 2013 22:04

Williams and Drenthe were brought in by Samuelson in the summer. NA didn't want either - his only signing was Bridge. NA is now not rushing them back as they are not his players. I am led to believe the new contracts for HRK and Pearce are not as exhorbitant as many people think. NA also wanted Legs and Karacan out in the summer, but the club received no offers for Karacan and Legs was obviously injured.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 05 Nov 2013 22:44

3points Williams and Drenthe were brought in by Samuelson in the summer. NA didn't want either - his only signing was Bridge. NA is now not rushing them back as they are not his players. I am led to believe the new contracts for HRK and Pearce are not as exhorbitant as many people think. NA also wanted Legs and Karacan out in the summer, but the club received no offers for Karacan and Legs was obviously injured.

lol, you were building up a decent head of steam there until the Karacan comment. Nige thinks the world of the him.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 05 Nov 2013 23:37

Royal Lady
One8Seven1

Your spies? Seriously?

Today's starting eleven:

Yep - Drenthe HIMSELF said he was in the squad. Maybe, having trained, he thought he was, but as he'll be seeing these people again very soon, I'd be surprised he was just making it up. :|

I have a feeling your spies spoke to Royston in the same place I did. :)

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Nov 2013 08:06

3points Williams and Drenthe were brought in by Samuelson in the summer. NA didn't want either - his only signing was Bridge. NA is now not rushing them back as they are not his players. I am led to believe the new contracts for HRK and Pearce are not as exhorbitant as many people think. NA also wanted Legs and Karacan out in the summer, but the club received no offers for Karacan and Legs was obviously injured.

Was Nige planning on playing Guthrie in the middle on his own then?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 06 Nov 2013 08:43

Pepe the Horseman

Was Nige planning on playing Guthrie in the middle on his own then?

Err,....... probably had plans to bring someone else in.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 06 Nov 2013 22:01

@TomProspect 42m
@charles_watts Any reason why the club are keeping quiet on Drenthe's return? Player now confirmed himself he's "back" and ready for Sat

167 posts