Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8684 posts
Mr.Swainey

Re: Buyout

by Mr.Swainey » 01 Aug 2014 18:10

floyd__streete
Lacoste None of you have a clue so chill and wait to see who is involved/costed etc when all confirmed.

:lol:

Because there has been a good recent record in terms of such clarity hasn't there :?:

You carry on being deluded though, life is a lot easier when you don't ask questions. Run along and be a good little supporter now, won't you :?:

:lol:

+1.

trueroyal1871

Re: Thai Mee Kangaroo Down Sport

by trueroyal1871 » 01 Aug 2014 18:24

Uke
trueroyal1871
Uke They may not be the rich Thaicoons we thought they were?

Racist

The pun was too En Thai Sing

I'm no racist though, you can tell from the way I wok

LOL Vely funny Mr Dudree

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: T' Highland Games

by Uke » 01 Aug 2014 18:30

I'm all Thai-red and emotional

เรามีหรือยัง?

BonBoh

Re: Confimred new owners of Reading Football Club

by BonBoh » 01 Aug 2014 18:38

New Bruce Willis film - Thai Hard - coming to a cinema near you (as long as you are in and around Reading)

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 01 Aug 2014 18:46

Is a wok the thing Esmeralda uses to iron Quasimodo's shirts with?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Aug 2014 18:58

Victor Meldrew
winchester_royal
BR2 Are you sure you don't work for the club in the PR dept.?
A lot is being made of our young players and it requires a massive leap of faith to believe that more than a couple of these will be good enough to play in the Championship this season.
The club has had a bit of a clearout and I would expect at the very least 3 or 4 new signings for this season-it's what football clubs do,especially those with parachute payments to enjoy and use.

I'm not just talking about this season though. Football is a long term sport that requires long term thinking. I think we have more than enough quality in this current squad to stay up. When players are back fit we'll have arguably the best set of midfielders in the league, a very decent defence, and a class striker. Yes we'll probably lack the depth required to challenge seriously, but I think we've got a better chance of taking the division by storm with a small tight nit group of players that work hard for each other (ala 05/06) rather than signing a few average journeymen to fill up the squad. And then over the next couple of seasons we can really kick on with some blooded youngsters and a well thought out recruitment strategy. And I will be more than happy with that.

Bitch and whine as much as you want, that's your prerogative I guess, but there are plenty of clubs out there who would very much like to be in our position right now. I genuinely believe that.

I'll ask again winch-do you work in the PR dept or are you just young, massively optimistic and just a bit gullible rather than like some of us old gits who are....old and cynical? :wink:
To suggest that we have a "class striker" and "arguably the best set of midfielders in the league" is a bit too much hype for me.
Remember that last season we finished around 30 points off the top.
I do sincerely hope that our youngsters come on strongly and form the backbone of our side (something that every club is trying to do, even at Chelsea and City)as it is the long-term model for every club.

I would like Adkins to spend some money to bring in players who might be good enough for the Premier League, something that Sharp is clearly not, to help us bridge that enormous gap that existed last season which frankly was a disgrace for a club that was playing in the Premier League the season before.

You might want to consider that last season we basically never had our top three midfielders fit at the same time. And that it takes more than a great first choice midfield and one striker to win the league.

And as for disgraces for last season, you'd be well advised to check how most relegated clubs do, I think you'll find that the average isn't much better, if not worse, than we did.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 01 Aug 2014 19:16

P!ssed Off What's this talk about a 'partnership'?
Strange way of putting it.

Why?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 01 Aug 2014 20:18

Ian Royal It may have escaped you notice TB, but we aren't Chelsea, we don't have an Abramovich owner, nor are we likely to ever get one and trying to emulate their 'spend spend spend' philosophy won't work for us.

We've already seen what happens when you gamble on (comparative) big wage, big reputation players. That's why we're in this mess.

I don't think I said we were Chelsea. All I did was pick up on what WR said about long termism which, quite frankly, is laughable unless the definition of long term is around 6 months considering the number of managers getting the boot each season.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Aug 2014 21:54

In reply to Ian.
From the previous season QPR came down with us and have gone back up.
Wigan who also came down with us lost half of their players and their manager and finished 5th.
We kept all (?) our players and finished below both of the other relegated clubs.
Yes, I think it was a disgrace that we finished 30 points below the top club with the advantage of a parachute payment and retaining the players from the Premier League season and of course all clubs get injuries.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Aug 2014 23:25

Victor Meldrew In reply to Ian.
Wigan who also came down with us lost half of their players and their manager and finished 5th.
We kept all (?) our players and finished below both of the other relegated clubs.
Yes, I think it was a disgrace that we finished 30 points below the top club with the advantage of a parachute payment and retaining the players from the Premier League season and of course all clubs get injuries.

That makes the wholly questionable assumption that because all three went down in the same season, all three had equally talented squads.

It also ignores the point that wigan finished a massive 2 points ahead of us, and the fact that Leicester have no doubt spent far more than us in recent years.

Or the fact that our parachute payment largely went on paying the salaries of championship standard players who received pay rises way beyond their ability, on the back of a short-lived promotion.

We had a decent squad, but it was nothing special. 7th was about right, however entitled to premier league football some feel they have become.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Aug 2014 00:26

tmesis
Victor Meldrew In reply to Ian.

That makes the wholly questionable assumption that because all three went down in the same season, all three had equally talented squads.

It also ignores the point that wigan finished a massive 2 points ahead of us, and the fact that Leicester have no doubt spent far more than us in recent years.

Or the fact that our parachute payment largely went on paying the salaries of championship standard players who received pay rises way beyond their ability, on the back of a short-lived promotion.

We had a decent squad, but it was nothing special. 7th was about right, however entitled to premier league football some feel they have become.

+1 Absolutely on the money there. I will be forever scratching my head wondering how the fcuk we won the league in 2012. We weren't even the 3rd best team in the league that season - Saints, WHU & Brum were all infinitely better than us.

Before I get the stock "the table doesn't lie" response...you all know we were fcuking jammy. It was like divine intervention in some of those games towards the end of the season.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 02 Aug 2014 00:41

West Stand Man
P!ssed Off What's this talk about a 'partnership'?
Strange way of putting it.

Why?

Sounds how the club would announce a deal with a nutritionist or some local U12s team.

30th July
Royals agree PharmaNutricals partnership
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 92739.aspx?

31st July
Reading FC are delighted to announce the renewal of their partnership with Be Wiser Insurance.
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 95805.aspx?

31st July
Royals to partner with consortium
http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... 96289.aspx?

After two non-event partnerships one might write off the third headline as a non-event as well.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Aug 2014 07:12

Terminal Boardom
Ian Royal It may have escaped you notice TB, but we aren't Chelsea, we don't have an Abramovich owner, nor are we likely to ever get one and trying to emulate their 'spend spend spend' philosophy won't work for us.

We've already seen what happens when you gamble on (comparative) big wage, big reputation players. That's why we're in this mess.

I don't think I said we were Chelsea. All I did was pick up on what WR said about long termism which, quite frankly, is laughable unless the definition of long term is around 6 months considering the number of managers getting the boot each season.

Development of an Academy producing home grown players capable of playing in the 1st Team is probably what he was getting at and that's deadly serious for the future prosperity of any football club, certainly not a laughing matter.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 02 Aug 2014 08:58

Royal Rother
Terminal Boardom

Development of an Academy producing home grown players capable of playing in the 1st Team is probably what he was getting at and that's deadly serious for the future prosperity of any football club, certainly not a laughing matter.

It is all well and good developing an Academy but there must be a realistic chance of breaking into the first team. I feel that the only reason that more youngsters are coming through is because the club have little choice but to turn to them as they have so spectacularly overspent on so called star performers. It will always be this way though.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Aug 2014 09:14

http://vimeo.com/102340374

Sir John seems happy even if the rest of you miserable gits aren't.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2014 09:17

Half our current team are from the academy, most are now internationals. Amongst the current u21 crop we've better players than ever. Seems to me we've shown that Academy players have every chance of making the first team. The likes of Tanner and Kuhl are not attracting attention because we aren't blowing money on name players, they are actually quite good....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Aug 2014 09:58

If we were to sign a few players then one would imagine the likes of those named would be sent out on loan.

Me, I'd rather see them learn their trade under Adkins at Reading. The club saves money on wages, and their education is under the club's watchful eye.

But then I'm not hung up on getting promotion this season.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Aug 2014 10:14

I guess the question is whether you learn your trade playing comparatively under competitive u21games, getting the odd bench spot and training with the first team or playing a season of lower division football under a different coaching regime.

The loan route worked for Gylfi, Pearce and McCarthy, less so for Obita.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

Re: 35. Nuea Pad Num Mum Hoy £9.25

by Uke » 02 Aug 2014 11:01

ที่เรามีหรือยัง

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 02 Aug 2014 11:07

Half time snacks could be healthier - low fat, and high in protein

Order your packets here!

http://www.thailandunique.com/edible-insects-bugs