BFTG Brighton H

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

BFTG Brighton H

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2015 23:05

Well that was a breath of fresh air!

Was worried when I heard the team, but it all turned out fine.

Cooper had a very solid game, won loads of headers. The "penalty he gave away" looked very soft indeed (and cost me £205). Excellent in the air. He's going to be a very good player.

Chalobah was quite excellent at left back. Did a solid defensive job but also made a few gorgeous passes out of defence. I would love it if we could get him for the whole of next season.

Akpan and Williams were VG in midfield. Williams put in a great shift in the first half.

Mackie has to be my man of the match, for his goals, his energy, his closing down. Thought everybody had a good game, even HRK was OK

I expected an unbalanced, disjointed side but first half in particular we showed fight, flair, panache and should have gone in at least 2-0 up. Without Pog we didn't just pump long balls in the air. There was more stuff on the floor, more through balls attempted, and overall, we looked 10 places higher than the last three home games.

First half McLeary/Gunter did particularly well

A thoroughly deserved win. 3-0 would not have flattered us.

I had Mackie to score first and 2-0 at 40-1. Booooo!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

Re: BFTG Brighton H

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2015 23:09

//deleted my duplicate as you got in there first....

Better.

- Big up to Chalobah who looked 10 times the player of the 2014/2015 version of Obata at left back

- HRK and Blackman ineffective as ever

- Akpan ruled the first half for me. Won a lot of balls and started a lot of attacks with nice through balls. Him and Williams seemed back to their best

- Brighton made us look like Real Madrid tbf

- I will never moan about other teams time wasting after tonight and I wouldn't have blamed Halford if he'd decked Hector after that display

Bob1871

by Bob1871 » 10 Mar 2015 23:09

+1

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 10 Mar 2015 23:12

Great display. Hector's antics were pretty entertaining too, although I'd be livid if an opposition player did similar! Great to see Keown get on too!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Mar 2015 23:20

oh FFS we are the villains now for killing the game at the end, jeez you dicks on here never cease to astound me, we see team after team come here and do the same we do it in ONE game and we are in the wrong !!!

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 10 Mar 2015 23:20

Well played Reading.
Like Saturday lots of energy and commitment, something sadly lacking of late.

I cant work out if we were good or BHA where rubbish. (A bit of both I suppose) but I have to say Brighton were probably the worse side to have played at the Mad Stad this season (Apart from us against Wigan :oops: )

Lots of :lol: on display with Pog carrying out some of his judo techniques on Halford (If anyone deserved to be decked its that pratt) and their 24 having a running battle with G Mac. (24 then gets subbed)

Great Entertainment. Loved it.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Mar 2015 23:25

windermere_royal oh FFS we are the villains now for killing the game at the end, jeez you dicks on here never cease to astound me, we see team after team come here and do the same we do it in ONE game and we are in the wrong !!!

Some people are balanced and don't like either team doing it.

Seems reasonable to me.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 10 Mar 2015 23:25

Enjoyed that.... well worth three points Well played Mackie can't remember last time a Reading player got a standing ovation when subbed . Crowd looked more like 12000 than 14000 Clarke should play the youth team Saturday

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2015 23:29

Soooo dropping both Obita from the squad and Travener from the bench. Interesting decision

May as well not bother trying Travener then

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2015 23:31

windermere_royal oh FFS we are the villains now for killing the game at the end, jeez you dicks on here never cease to astound me, we see team after team come here and do the same we do it in ONE game and we are in the wrong !!!

There is a huge difference between killing off a game and general timewasting, and what Hector did (twice)

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2015 23:31

Brighton made us look quite good. Words fail to describe how bad they were. A penalty was their only hope of scoring... nice of us to oblige.

Fed - 7 not much to do
Gunter - 6 likewise but he defends so weakly and i didn't see him make any effort to lift us when they scored.
Chalobah - 6 would be a 7/8 but for the awful penalty to give away... unless it was Akpan. *
Cooper 7 won everything in the air
Hector 7 quality
Akpan 7 couple of wayward passes but generally a good game thanks in part to Brighton being mince.
Williams 7 normal Williams
HRK - 6 looks like he's suffering from some minor wasting disease so his muscles are about 15% less efficient than they should be.
McCleary 7 solid game.
Blackman 7 surprisingly good upfront
Mackie 9 Jamie Mackie's having a party.

Pog 7
Nor 7

* or Cooper according to snowball. :shock:
Ref 7 missed plenty, but all stuff he had no hope of seeing.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 10 Mar 2015 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2015 23:34

Ian Royal Chalobah - 6 would be a 7/8 but for the awful penalty to give away... unless it was Akpan. .

It was Cooper :!:

Understandable mistake :lol:
Last edited by John Madejski's Wallet on 10 Mar 2015 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2015 23:34

Ian Royal. Criticises the ref for missing things, yet can't spot the difference between Jake Cooper and Nathaniel Chalobah or Hope Akpan.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Mar 2015 23:38

Yeah. That's a cracker... just assumed because hed come across from the left and i saw chalobah looking dejected.

Tbh i was too busy being shocked at how awful the push was to be paying much attention to who did it.

Also, i didn't criticise the ref.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Mar 2015 23:44

What did Hector do wrong? All I saw was him get almost chinned, presumably by Halford, while the ref completely lost control of the game after the Bennet v Garath contretemps

Fwiw, we did very well against an appalling B&H team, now rest everyone on Saturday, the season's over bar the cup

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 10 Mar 2015 23:48

Ian Royal Yeah. That's a cracker... just assumed because hed come across from the left and i saw chalobah looking dejected.

Tbh i was too busy being shocked at how awful the push was to be paying much attention to who did it.

Also, i didn't criticise the ref.

You said he "missed things". That's a criticism. You have since edited your original post.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2015 23:48

Watched the goals again on TV in slow-mo.

That really was a soft pen. A very tall white chap may have committed a foul,
but I thought it was Akpan-Chalobah or Sir John

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 10 Mar 2015 23:49

I know it's HRK, but i love this picture.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2015 23:49

Silver Fox What did Hector do wrong? All I saw was him get almost chinned, presumably by Halford, while the ref completely lost control of the game after the Bennet v Garath contretemps

Fwiw, we did very well against an appalling B&H team, now rest everyone on Saturday, the season's over bar the cup

Walked off with the ball away from all the arguments, then rolled it behind him into space so it was as far away from a Brighton player as possible. Then when Halford came to get the ball he blocked him from getting it 2 or 3 separate times. Should have been both carded and decked. Good fun though!

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Mar 2015 23:51

Considering we should have ended up with the ball after all that, I can't see an issue with what he did