BFTG Birmingham

176 posts
tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Birmingham

by tee peg » 09 Apr 2016 19:16

Never left before the final whistle until today.In the pub at 5.00pm ready for the National.Awful
performance, one of the worst I have seen for a long time.The games are running out for Brian.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 Apr 2016 19:16

John Madejski's Wallet
Royalwaster Don't think you can blame the players today. All the managers fault. No width, no strategy. Clueless.

tbf it worked well on Tuesday.

I though bringing on McCleary at RB was a great move, our formation was giving Obita and Gunter loads of space so McCreary should have exploited it. Instead he did 2 good runs then turned into Gunter, just passing it sideways or back and no wanting to take on his man

We only won on Tuesday when he changed the team ... playing with what was effectively no wingers at all was terrible. Meant that Obita had no cover at all to stop the cross going in for the 1st goal and also that going forward he was usually up against 2 ....

Terrible, terrible game and really made me doubt McD as our manager ... why didn't he change it earlier, when it was so obviously not working?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Apr 2016 19:17

Winston Smith From that lot today I would keep Cooper, McShane, Norwood & Quinn. The rest I would ship out this summer.

Even Ali? :(

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 09 Apr 2016 19:18

^ Bang on.

Winston Smith
Hob Nob Addict

by Winston Smith » 09 Apr 2016 19:25

Royal_jimmy
Winston Smith From that lot today I would keep Cooper, McShane, Norwood & Quinn. The rest I would ship out this summer.

Even Ali? :(

Yep. He has had some brilliant moments this season, as well as some calamitous ones. At 34, I would be looking to get someone else in as no. 1, unless Bond can step up.

Would also keep Tshibola & Evans and bring back some youngsters from on loan to show their worth
Last edited by Winston Smith on 09 Apr 2016 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

marlowuk

by marlowuk » 09 Apr 2016 19:26

John Madejski's Wallet
P!ssed Off
John Madejski's Wallet tbf it worked well on Tuesday.

It didn't work well.
The last two games we've relied on speculative long range shots to beat shit teams in shit form.

But those games we'd been missing a f'ck load of sitters. So we were performing, just not finishing.

Today was just woeful

I totally agree with the above. On Tuesday we made a shed-load of chances but just couldn't take them. The play, particularly in the first half on Tuesday, was fast, accurate, one-touch passing and we looked class. Today was just awful! Countless unforced schoolboy errors from just about everyone. Brum didn't have to win the ball - we passed it to them! How can (almost) the same group of players who played with such confidence on Tuesday forget how to play football today? Cox played well on Tuesday - he was dreadful today and should have been substituted after 15 minutes!

The team don't deserve a MOTM but, if forced, I'd give it to Obita - not because he played particularly well, but I just don't remember him making any basic errors. The second half was marginally better and we had our chances. The best one was from Kermie (I think) in the dying minutes which their keeper saved well.

On top of that, it was an ill-tempered game with an inconsistent ref. And, on top of that, we were easily out-sung by the away supporters all game - except for the 'Boos' at the end of the first half. This is only my 4th year as a season ticket holder but never have I left a game feeling so cheated and pissed off!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Apr 2016 19:32

Can genuinely see the Thais shafting McD in the summer.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 09 Apr 2016 19:33

That flare the Birmingham fans set off at half time was an embarrassment. Never seen a club chant so much about a rival in a game.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 09 Apr 2016 19:40

First time I've left early with 3 mins to get to get the F1 and got the second bus

We really were completely shit

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 09 Apr 2016 19:54

First half was the worst I've seen us all season, 2nd half was an improvement only because Birmingham had stopped giving a oxf*rd. If we were still playing we wouldn't have scored yet.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Apr 2016 20:00

We were shit. We sat off Birmingham, failed to press them and in possession gave the ball away cheaply.

I think McDermott's the right man for the job however he's got some big decisions to make with that team.

Norwood - He gets the ball and immediately plays it sideways. He rarely takes to ball forward to commit opposition players, and he NEVER plays a forward ball other than diagonals. Actually he played one today. Kermorgant was making runs off the defenders and he failed to see any of them. Only when John and Vydra came on we actually played through balls.

Yes he scored a great goal Tuesday but we've replaced Danny Guthrie with Danny Guthrie.

Williams - he really has everything apart from a footballing brain. Constantly running into trouble and failing (like Norwood) to play the right ball. Very frustrating - he could be brilliant.

Berry

by Berry » 09 Apr 2016 20:03

Awful, disgrace, so wrong on all levels....Academy slogan is "Technically brilliant players who work tremendously hard" Well there was 11 places for our academy boys today.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 09 Apr 2016 20:34

Left on the 88th minute and I NEVER leave early. (Normally), even if we are losing and have no chance.

Today though was just miserable and pathetic.

It was probably the worst home game I've seen. Void of any excitement.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 09 Apr 2016 20:38

Royal_jimmy That flare the Birmingham fans set off at half time was an embarrassment. Never seen a club chant so much about a rival in a game.

No, what's embarrassing is when our fans applaud the away fans chants.... God that is cringey!!

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 09 Apr 2016 20:46

After such a strong performance in midweek, this was back down to earth with a bang.

The diamond had worked well up until now, but Birmingham were even more resolute than Forest. They packed the midfield and stopped us from building attacks. There was no space for Piazon, Williams and Quinn to exploit.

I think that was obvious to everyone in the ground, except McDermott. I heard lots of people around me saying that we needed some wingers, but it took him far too long to bring on John. He should have taken off Cox (although he played relatively well in the hole) for Vydra and gone 4-3-3, with Vydra and Piazon either side of Kermogant. Even better, hold off on Vydra and bring on McCleary or John.

Williams had a nightmare. Norwood made some uncharacteristic mistakes. Quinn made our most telling passes, he looked to pick out the full backs whenever possible.

Only players who can hold their heads up are Quinn and Obita.

I'd like us to stick with the diamond against 4-4-2, but use something else when the opposition have three in midfield. Vydra should be starting ahead of Cox for sure.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 09 Apr 2016 20:51

CountryRoyal Can genuinely see the Thais shafting McD in the summer.

If they actually have any interest in what's going on apart from eyeing up the bulldozers.

Turnball ACs

by Turnball ACs » 09 Apr 2016 21:03

We have been spoilt in recent years.The result really doesn't matter. U rrrrrrrrssssss

frimmers3
Hob Nob Addict

by frimmers3 » 09 Apr 2016 21:05

Perhaps you could ground share at the EBB when those 'dozers start a rollin'...

arthurfondrelli

by arthurfondrelli » 09 Apr 2016 21:06

Absolutely hopeless today. Don't even remember a shot in anger. Was impressed with Birmingham to be honest, very well organised and stopped us creating anything.

We've got one of the best headers of the ball in Kermit but we started with no wingers to put crosses in for him. It's just all very painful to watch, but some credit must go to Brum.

Also, never seen a set of fans so obsessed about their rivals. Non-stop Villa bashing the whole game.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 09 Apr 2016 21:07

Royal_jimmy Well that was a oxf*rd shit performance. I didn't see that coming at all, in fact I was expecting us to give someone a hiding!

Have you been locked up or something and missed most of the season ?

176 posts