Thanks Brian!

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Thanks Brian!

by John Smith » 31 May 2016 14:39

Top Flight Thanks Brian.

You are one of the Reading FC legends and will always be welcome in the East Stand.

I hope our owners will change again in the future and I hope you will be back.

Are you crackers?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 14:56

John Smith
Top Flight Thanks Brian.

You are one of the Reading FC legends and will always be welcome in the East Stand.

Are you crackers?

If he comes back it will probably be to a League Two side, but name me one manager who is Reading through and through and has Brian's track record.

Brian is a Reading FC legend and I have huge respect for the guy.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 31 May 2016 14:59

Top Flight name me one manager who is Reading through and through and has Brian's track record.

Steve Coppell

Well, probably not Reading through-and-through but definitely has his track record and I'm sure holds passion for the club

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 15:11

genome
Top Flight name me one manager who is Reading through and through and has Brian's track record.

Steve Coppell

Well, probably not Reading through-and-through but definitely has his track record and I'm sure holds passion for the club

Coppell is a complete legend and I'm sure he has a great deal of affection for Reading FC as we do towards him.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 31 May 2016 15:26

genome

Steve Coppell

I suspect Brian's levels of passion for the club are less than they were before, he was no doubt hoping the club was in a pre-Anton Zingaravich state with the club doing things the Reading way, turns out it wasn't.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 May 2016 16:01

Top Flight If he comes back it will probably be to a League Two side, but name me one manager who is Reading through and through and has Brian's track record.

Bolton have approached him already apparently.

Brian McDermott

by Brian McDermott » 31 May 2016 16:18

Ah, the "tactical genius" is headed for league one.

Remarkable. If you read any of Top Flight's posts in the last 2 months, you'd have thought he'd be off to a top 6 prem team.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 16:19

Brian McDermott Ah, the "tactical genius" is headed for league one.

Remarkable. If you read any of Top Flight's posts in the last 2 months, you'd have thought he'd be off to a top 6 prem team.

If top 6 Prem teams appointed English managers, he probably wouldn't be far off that.

Brian McDermott

by Brian McDermott » 31 May 2016 17:04

Top Flight

If top 6 Prem teams appointed English managers, he probably wouldn't be far off that.

Amazing. You must be on the wind up. Your delusion is outstanding. He's off to League one it seems. Because no premier league or championship clubs think he's good enough for them. There are plenty of teams better than Bolton who do appoint English managers, yet.. for some weird reason... they aren't queuing up for Mr Genius.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 17:09

Brian McDermott
Top Flight

Amazing. You must be on the wind up. Your delusion is outstanding. He's off to League one it seems. Because no premier league or championship clubs think he's good enough for them. There are plenty of teams better than Bolton who do appoint English managers, yet.. for some weird reason... they aren't queuing up for Mr Genius.

Which teams are looking for a new manager right now?

I can think of Reading, Bolton and Watford. Who else is looking?

Obviously Reading won't hire the manager that they just sacked. But plenty of Reading fans would love him to still be our boss. Watford have dodgy ownership like we do and will likely elect another foreign coach so that leaves Bolton who are talking to him. Who else is there who are looking for a boss at the current time?

Brian McDermott

by Brian McDermott » 31 May 2016 17:12

Top Flight
Brian McDermott
Top Flight

Obviously Reading won't hire the manager that they just sacked. But plenty of Reading fans would love him to still be our boss. Watford have dodgy ownership like we do and will likely elect another foreign coach so that leaves Bolton who are talking to him. Who else is there who are looking for a boss at the current time?

Doesn't matter if they are looking or not. If McD was truly good enough for the top 6 in the prem (my god are we really discussing this), every club at Reading's level, and every club who feels they underachieved would be on the phone to his agent.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 31 May 2016 20:56

Brian McDermott
Top Flight
Brian McDermott

Doesn't matter if they are looking or not. If McD was truly good enough for the top 6 in the prem (my god are we really discussing this), every club at Reading's level, and every club who feels they underachieved would be on the phone to his agent.

There are quite a few very good English managers of which Brian is one who don't get the opportunity these days because big clubs prefer to hire foreign managers.

Maybe Chelsea should give Alan Pardew a shot at their club. They'd be surprised at how good some of these English bosses are. Why not Brian McDermott or Neil Warnock? Give them a big club and a big budget and see what they could achieve. These are all good managers. Foreign managers are not the be all and end all.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 May 2016 22:01

Brian McDermott
Top Flight

Hi Kes!!!

RoyalinBracknell

by RoyalinBracknell » 31 May 2016 22:05

For anyone wanting to thank Brian personally I sent an email via the club - bmcdermott@readingfc.co.uk - and slightly to my surprise got a very nice, classy reply from him.

Very glad I sent it now and grateful he took the time to reply. We've been very lucky to have him.

Cookie

by Cookie » 31 May 2016 22:43

SCIAG The Chief Scout that recruited our best ever team for less than £4m.

The reserve team manager that won the Premier League.

The first team manager that saved us from relegation, got us into the play-offs, and then won the Championship.

No matter how you slice it, the man's achievements at this club are remarkable and he deserves respect. I'd go as far to say that if you denigrate him, you are not a supporter of this club and do not deserve to bask in its success.

Yes agreed.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 31 May 2016 22:50

RoyalinBracknell For anyone wanting to thank Brian personally I sent an email via the club - bmcdermott@readingfc.co.uk - and slightly to my surprise got a very nice, classy reply from him.

Very glad I sent it now and grateful he took the time to reply. We've been very lucky to have him.
it would probably be wasted on some of the young mongs on here......but if you are ever in a position where you are able to share his reply...some of us would dearly like to read it.

I sometimes work with a qpr fan who is still buddied and used to play alongside BM during their apprenticeship days, even he is bemused with our owners

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 01 Jun 2016 00:23

Top Flight
John Smith
Top Flight Thanks Brian.

Are you crackers?

If he comes back it will probably be to a League Two side, but name me one manager who is Reading through and through and has Brian's track record.

Brian is a Reading FC legend and I have huge respect for the guy.

Brendan Rodgers was a Reading academy player, began his coaching career at Reading, and lived in Reading for over 20 years.

Alan Pardew coached at the club for six years.