BFTG . Brighton

123 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG . Brighton

by windermereROYAL » 20 Aug 2016 17:31

In a nutshell. after a shakey first 15 minutes a superb performance that deserved all 3 points, FFS stop letting in early 2nd haf goals. stone wall penalty.Kermy hits the bar and has a overhead kick well saved. God awful ref, how can you be booked for talking to the lino (when Brighton did it non stop) yet only get a talking to with neck breaking tackles?
Hugely encouraging.

Since 1990

Re: BFTG . Brighton

by Since 1990 » 20 Aug 2016 17:40

Great result against a team now unbeaten in 18 games and who had not conceeded this season.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Aug 2016 17:48

Happy with a draw in a good contest against a team that'll be right at the top all season, fairly decent atmosphere too (an early goal, panto villain(s), and bad refereeing will do that).

Nobody really stood out as excellent but almost everybody was pretty solid. No argument with VDB's second yellow, but the first was bullshit if it's not enforced across the board. Kermorgant should have gone at the end.

McShane looks awful with the ball at his feet but I think part of the problem is Evans not looking for space and giving him an outlet.

Good game, enjoyed it.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 20 Aug 2016 18:01

Really enjoyed that.

Once we stopped with the really aimless passing at the back and mixed it up more, the game really opened up. McCleary had them in his pocket, Kermogant put in a right shift too.

As a real lover of Williams over the last couple of seasons, I think he's now our weak link. With Evans and Swift in there now, he needs to sort himself and get a purpose as I'm not sure of his role.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 20 Aug 2016 18:13

Good performance but lapses of concentration let us down again, hopefully Moore and Blackett can steady us. Well taken goal from McShane. Should have had a penalty but the ref was too weak to make his own decision. Mccleary motm.

Murray as mouthy as ever but did unlike Van Den Berg didn't get booked for it. Steve "I'll definitely sign a contract for 20 grand a week, no wait 25k, no wait 30k, no I had no intention of signing a contract and I'm off to Chelsea" Sidwell would have had to get out a machete and hack people to death to receive so much as a talking to by the awful ref. Norwood reception was interesting. Rosenior won't be blowing kisses to the opposition fans again any time soon.

Overall positive, less messing around at the back with a better tempo.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 20 Aug 2016 18:19

Enjoyed the match everyone putting in a shift.

When did Brighton get so whiny and niggly?

Kermogant was both unlucky and lucky today

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Aug 2016 18:22

I was a bit disappointed by the Norwood reaction. I don't think that was entirely warranted. Sure not worth a standing ovation, but I thought the booing was a bit much.

SpaghettiHoop

by SpaghettiHoop » 20 Aug 2016 18:34

Blatant push on Van Den Berg causing own goal.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Aug 2016 18:35

Should have won that. Al Habsi had nothing to do.
They had one decent player in their number 11. The rest were pretty average at best.

Highlight for me was seeing that whinging twat Rosenier taken out. How he even earns a living as a professional is beyond me.
Justice for the verbals he was giving the East stand in the first half.

Shame to see Sidders clogging around. A shadow of his former self

Still onwards and upwards on that showing

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Aug 2016 18:42

John Madejski's Wallet As a real lover of Williams over the last couple of seasons, I think he's now our weak link. With Evans and Swift in there now, he needs to sort himself and get a purpose as I'm not sure of his role.

With Moore a certainty to start. VDB can move into midfield. A Swift\Evans\VDB midfield on paper looks the best we've we've had for some years. As all 3 are technically good.

Thought Yann had a good game today. However would prefer someone upfront with real pace. To give an alternative outlet. The front three can then alternate.

Weakest link today was Obita. Exposed for lack of pace.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 20 Aug 2016 18:43

After we scored our 2nd posted on the north stand forum

Tin pot goal music dickheads

:D :D :D

Barcelona Blue

by Barcelona Blue » 20 Aug 2016 19:11

was over visiting family so once can put a BFTG in

Overall a cracking game against a good Brighton side who will be up there at the end of the season

Habsi- 8 solid enough , didnt do anything wrong

Obita - 5 looked a bit flappy and something´s not right , he doesnt like this new system

McShane-8 Good, nice to see him get one

Joey VdB- 9 Reading´s man of the match for me, I thought he was superb, tackled, good in the air, good passing, shame about the argueing for the first yellow and the red was a profesional foul, with five minutes to go why not,

Gunter- 7.5- OK, good no probs

Beerens- 7.5 tricky, good

Swift- 8.5 very, very good player there, I hope were pushing for the prem by at least the end of next season otherwise we´ll lose him

Mcleary - 7.5 same as Beerens

Danny Williams- 7.5 - huffed and puffed , did OK but needs to run of the ball as well to give defenders more options

Evans 8- quite calm and composed, nothing amazing but he could turn out to be a really good player in time, was surprised

Kermit 7- good header and nice bycycle kick but we need more than that, the wingers are doing there job but hes not quite good enough

Man of the match- joey

Ref- I would never mention the ref but he was APPALING

sat in the east stand , good atmosphere from both sets of fans

Value for money- 9

Overall verdict, if we are going to play around at the back, then the midfielders need to give the defenders more options by running more off the ball, promising and the beginnings of something good

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 20 Aug 2016 19:16

Barcelona Blue Overall verdict, if we are going to play around at the back, then the midfielders need to give the defenders more options by running more off the ball, promising and the beginnings of something good

Seems as if the front 5 are intentionally pushing high up the pitch to create space . That's why Stam is looking for technically good defenders that are comfortable with the ball.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 20 Aug 2016 19:25

Really enjoyed that. Took 15 mins to settle, despite a nice goal.after that we took the game to them and played nice attacking football. Glad we mixed it up a bit. The two goals for them were gifts, hit the bar, looked a pen, overhead kick etc, otherwise would have won easily.

I really like joey. Got sent off and scored o.g but still had a good game.

Beerens also decent.
Mcleary had a good game.
Evans tidy, Swift good but faded.

Mcshane got beaten for pace a couple of times(including for the goal.) as did Obita. If we can sort the defensive lapses/concentration issues we will be fine.

Lol at moaning about rosenior. He did it all with a smile on his face and got pelters for the whole first half. Fair play for playing along, pantomime style, I say

SMF

by SMF » 20 Aug 2016 19:54

Royality creeps In Should have won that. Al Habsi had nothing to do.
They had one decent player in their number 11. The rest were pretty average at best.

Highlight for me was seeing that whinging twat Rosenier taken out. How he even earns a living as a professional is beyond me.
Justice for the verbals he was giving the East stand in the first half.

Shame to see Sidders clogging around. A shadow of his former self

Still onwards and upwards on that showing

I personally think Rosenior is a decent player. Almost certainly saved a goal with a last ditch tackle on Kermorgant in the first half. Didn't see to much wrong with what he did today, got verbals from the crowd so blew a kiss back, not exactly Matt Mills-esque...

On the game, think we could have won and played well in parts. Shame that we didn't get a foot on the game after scoring so early, took around 20 minutes to finally start playing again. Also a shame that they didn't come out for the start of the second half and conceded a really sloppy goal. Responded well and McShane made up for his part in the second Brighton goal with a decent finish to equalise. Obita needs to do more. Kermorgant was better but it's clear we need another striker. Man of the match for me goes to McCleary, hopefully he can stay fit.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 20 Aug 2016 19:55

Royality creeps In Highlight for me was seeing that whinging twat Rosenier taken out.

Lot of pcunts enjoying that on twatter too.

It was a shocking tackle, could've got a red - I hope Rosenoir is OK

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 20 Aug 2016 20:00

Great comeback in the 2nd half from 2-1 down. Deserved the win as we took total control of the game.

Stone wall penalty not given in the second half by a set of poor officials who might as well been dressed in a Brighton kit.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 20 Aug 2016 20:04

I'm interested to see if Gunter was actually in the area or not on the penalty shout. My first thought was that the ref got it right (although that seems unlikely) but those around me were adamant that it was a penalty.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 20 Aug 2016 20:14

TFF
Royality creeps In Highlight for me was seeing that whinging twat Rosenier taken out.

Send him a get well card and post him a bunch of flowers if it upsets you so much

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 20 Aug 2016 20:17

TFF

tackle was late, but believe it or not, there wasn't that much hard-core contact....more than likely Rosie turned an ankle or something.

Thought he was ok for them, but give us a Knockaert (#11) please MrThai, he was awesome.

123 posts