Players you'd like us to sign thread

741 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Players you'd like us to sign thread

by Hound » 10 Jul 2017 11:04

May be worth a look as a squad player. Seems to have been around forever, didn't realise he was as young as that

Get the feeling Quinn may be being lined up for the Williams type role. Always liked him, just a shame his fitness record has been so bad for us

MM

by MM » 15 Jul 2017 11:17

I would have been very satisfied if we had signed Cheikh N'Doye, and I think Birmingham have made a very smart move picking him up on a free from Angers. I always thought he would be out of our reach, but if they can afford his wages then I am sure we could have done, if interested. He's a powerhouse central midfielder who could have fitted very well in to our system(s).

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 15 Jul 2017 13:15

MM I would have been very satisfied if we had signed Cheikh N'Doye, and I think Birmingham have made a very smart move picking him up on a free from Angers. I always thought he would be out of our reach, but if they can afford his wages then I am sure we could have done, if interested. He's a powerhouse central midfielder who could have fitted very well in to our system(s).

I'd be inclined to agree, but I didn't realise he was 31.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2017 16:39

Eldin jakopovic
Joe Ledley
Andi Weimann
Dan gosling
Sam Gallagher
That would be my shopping list

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jul 2017 17:57

linkenholtroyal Andi Weimann

I stopped reading there.

Felt91

by Felt91 » 15 Jul 2017 18:20

Wesley sneijder? Just released by galatasaray, 33, Dutch,
Wages could be a stumbling block
Was willing to look at vdv last year so surely not to far fetched??

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2017 18:28

CountryRoyal

I stopped reading there.

He was class and no longer wanted by Derby, the Option was not taken up by wolves to buy him, so therefore I am assuming the fee would not be massive. He is still young and a player that i feel jaap could work his magic on. He would also be another option for working as a front three. There is method in my madness.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 Jul 2017 23:29

linkenholtroyal
CountryRoyal

I stopped reading there.

He was class and no longer wanted by Derby, the Option was not taken up by wolves to buy him, so therefore I am assuming the fee would not be massive. He is still young and a player that i feel jaap could work his magic on. He would also be another option for working as a front three. There is method in my madness.

If he was class why did Derby not want him? And if he was class why would Wolves not take up the option to sign him permanently. Hasn't overly impressed me when I've seen him and will be on fairly sizeable wages, certainly exceeding that of his ability I'd suggest. Admittedly you might have seen more of him.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 15 Jul 2017 23:55

CountryRoyal
linkenholtroyal
CountryRoyal
I stopped reading there.

If he was class why did Derby not want him? And if he was class why would Wolves not take up the option to sign him permanently. Hasn't overly impressed me when I've seen him and will be on fairly sizeable wages, certainly exceeding that of his ability I'd suggest. Admittedly you might have seen more of him.

I saw him a few years ago at a villa match, went along with a friend who supports them, he was quite young at that point but looked like he had a lot of potential. It was a few years ago though. With the fee and wages. I assume the opportunity of first team football may sway him if he wants to reboot his career. I just felt he may be a financially viable option.

Tommio

by Tommio » 16 Jul 2017 00:21

linkenholtroyal
CountryRoyal
linkenholtroyal He was class and no longer wanted by Derby, the Option was not taken up by wolves to buy him, so therefore I am assuming the fee would not be massive. He is still young and a player that i feel jaap could work his magic on. He would also be another option for working as a front three. There is method in my madness.

I saw him a few years ago at a villa match, went along with a friend who supports them, he was quite young at that point but looked like he had a lot of potential. It was a few years ago though. With the fee and wages. I assume the opportunity of first team football may sway him if he wants to reboot his career. I just felt he may be a financially viable option.

We're already taking a punt on Bodvarsson, don't think we need to take a punt on anyone else like Wiemann

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Jul 2017 08:49

Interesting comments from Stam in GR today. Well done JL.

Makes it sound likely we did go for Button and Oliveira, but fees or wages have proven to be too high

Suspect we may well be seeing a few other players from abroad which likely are gambles

mikey0406

by mikey0406 » 16 Jul 2017 10:42

Think this will be a transfer window where lots of clubs do their business late - even lots of the prem clubs are struggling to get their targets due to inflated prices. Will be the same for us in the championship. As players get more disgruntled clubs will be more inclined to sell

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Jul 2017 11:58

Hound Interesting comments from Stam in GR today. Well done JL.

Was going to come on here to say that. Credit where it's due.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 16 Jul 2017 12:16

QPR need to sell to buy. Smithies anyone?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 17 Jul 2017 08:15

maffff QPR need to sell to buy. Smithies anyone?

I wouldn't say no. Isn't that guy at Crewe supposed to be quite good too? Ben Garratt. Anyone watch the lower leagues?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Jul 2017 08:23

Saw Armstrong at Newcastle is going on loan to a champ club. Wouldn't be surprised if we are interested

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Jul 2017 08:30

Hound Saw Armstrong at Newcastle is going on loan to a champ club. Wouldn't be surprised if we are interested

think he's off to Bolton

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 17 Jul 2017 09:38

Paddy Kenny?

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 17 Jul 2017 11:20

John Smith Paddy Kenny?

We've no chance, he'll be off to Cardiff to link up with Colin.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Jul 2017 15:59

What about joe ledley, he would fill the void left by Williams, he's a free agent and was reportedly on 25k per week at palace. Which in football terms is not massive. Just wondering why we would not look

741 posts