Food vans

Kuhl_Runnings

Food vans

by Kuhl_Runnings » 14 Aug 2017 09:49

Is it just me or have they inexplicably made the outside food vans even more shite?

The queue was longer than the great wall of china on saturday, due to the new system where only ONE person takes the orders before relaying them to the cooks who take about 2-3 to give you food whereas before it took at the most a mere 45-60 seconds.

Anyone else notice this?

Jim Royal

Re: Food vans

by Jim Royal » 14 Aug 2017 10:24

Never eat at the stadium but it sounds like the McDonald's queuing system where you place your order and you're given a number - not only does it now take longer but more chaos ensues.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 14 Aug 2017 11:49

not only that, but they sneaked in a 33% price increase for a cheeseburger (£4.50 to £6.00)

the only possible excuse is that they now offer a wrinkled piece of lettuce in addition to the onions and slice of processed cheese

so it is now slower and more expensive....

Schmeichel the dog

by Schmeichel the dog » 14 Aug 2017 12:05

Linden Jones' Tash not only that, but they sneaked in a 33% price increase for a cheeseburger (£4.50 to £6.00)

the only possible excuse is that they now offer a wrinkled piece of lettuce in addition to the onions and slice of processed cheese

Stam out!

But seriously, this is an absolute pi$$ take (along with the parking increases).

cornflake

by cornflake » 14 Aug 2017 22:28

There also seemed to be less vans.
In previous seasons. there was a van outside gate 8 of the East Stand, this seems to have disappeared.
Prices have definitely increased and the queues were very long and slow moving.

IceIceGylfi

by IceIceGylfi » 15 Aug 2017 01:23

Yeah, I too was inconvenienced by this. It used to be that two or three people would take orders, and you'd wait for them to serve it whilst you paid. They wouldn't have any other orders until yours was dealt with first. Now it seems to be one bloke relaying it to the cooks who take ages whilst you wait aside and they take further orders; which in my eyes seems idiotic because say a bunch of people all order different things. How are they supposed to remember who to give each thing? If they gave you a number like in Maccy D's it would make sense but as is it's pretty hectic and the fact that only one person takes the orders means that wait times are a lot longer.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 15 Aug 2017 15:23

Linden Jones' Tash not only that, but they sneaked in a 33% price increase for a cheeseburger (£4.50 to £6.00)

I think that might possibly be because you've order a Deluxe Cheeseburger there instead of an ordinary Cheeseburger.
It's all in the small print friends.

Jim Royal

by Jim Royal » 15 Aug 2017 17:38

I don't know why you wouldn't just eat elsewhere beforehand. Likely to be nicer,cheaper or better vfm..

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Aug 2017 19:09

What we need is some old authentic Reading street food, like the old converted ambulance kebab vans from the Oxford Road and Caversham from days of yore. Good old traditional Berkshire home cooking at its finest.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Aug 2017 19:10

What we need is some old authentic Reading street food, like the old converted ambulance kebab vans from the Oxford Road and Caversham from days of yore. Good old traditional Berkshire home cooking at its finest.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 15 Aug 2017 19:15

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 15 Aug 2017 20:29

Just in case no-one else has mentioned it, I think we need some good old fashioned Berkshire home cooking from days of yore.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 Aug 2017 07:57

The answer to why the food vans are so bad is that RFC charge them so much to be there that the only way they can make a profit is by selling cr*p at inflated prices.

The club should reduce the fees so we can go back to having some good old traditional Berkshire food - like mama used to make.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 08:29

definitely missing the Coffee/Doughnuts van from outside the ED stand last night

Big q for the fish and chips van instead. Hope its only temporary and they come back. That van did an ok coffee, much better than you get inside

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 16 Aug 2017 11:14

I noticed the queuing issue last night - not sure what's going on there. Had to go to the pulled pork van for my £2.40 bottle of water.

Pork baguette 7 quid FYI

I always thought a jacket potato van might do a good business up there. The healthier, middle-class option, if you will. Anyone willing to go into a partnership with me?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Aug 2017 11:20

John Smith I noticed the queuing issue last night - not sure what's going on there. Had to go to the pulled pork van for my £2.40 bottle of water.

Pork baguette 7 quid FYI

I always thought a jacket potato van might do a good business up there. The healthier, middle-class option, if you will. Anyone willing to go into a partnership with me?

I'd say pulled pork is a pretty middle class option. Along with my freshly ground coffee. Def keeping it real

Either way, they need more catering vans there, really should not be turning away customers with money to spend on overpriced food.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 16 Aug 2017 13:33

Got to the ground at 7:50 last night because of traffic, and as I was making my way round to the East Stand there were still huge queues for the vans

Beats me why you would still choose to be in the queue just before kick off, but to each their own

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 16 Aug 2017 15:13

Hound
John Smith I noticed the queuing issue last night - not sure what's going on there. Had to go to the pulled pork van for my £2.40 bottle of water.

Pork baguette 7 quid FYI

I'd say pulled pork is a pretty middle class option. Along with my freshly ground coffee. Def keeping it real

Either way, they need more catering vans there, really should not be turning away customers with money to spend on overpriced food.

The Jazz Cafe used to sell jacket potatoes with toppings on a regular basis.

I assume the reason they don't is that it's hard to justify a price higher than £5 for a potato . . .

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 Aug 2017 17:02

Hound

Pork baguette 7 quid FYI

I had the pulled pork yesterday and regretted it when I saw someone eating a pie. Would've much rather had gone for the pie option!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 16 Aug 2017 17:39

Simply don't buy the rip off sh*te , my dog gets fed better than what football fans have on offer at grounds.