List of postponed matches from over the years

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

Re: List of postponed matches from over the years

by Only one Trevor Morley » 20 Oct 2017 20:54

I remember a match at vicarage road being called off in mid nineties which happened just as we arrived.

Berxwedan Zinar

by Berxwedan Zinar » 21 Oct 2017 14:41

handbags_harris
mx I really can't remember when these were, but I've been on my way to games at Palace and QPR when have been postponed.

Both within a month or so of each other, 96/97. QPR was postponed about 20 minutes from kick off, Palace around an hour. I made it to Shepherds Bush Market and Thornton Heath before finding out the news :evil:

marino3 not in the last ten years either but i think it was a league cup tie at elm park v bury (?)

i think bury were 2 nil up and the match was abandoned around half time due to a waterlogged pitch.

i'm pretty sure we won the re-scheduled game.

Yep, that happened in 95/96. Bury 2-0 up after 20 minutes, match abandoned after 28 I believe. We won the replayed fixture 2-1 with a late winner from Jimmy Quinn.

"You only sing when it's raining"

On the Leicester game at home that was called off, I think it was due to fog rather than rain.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 22 Oct 2017 10:18

[quote="John Smith"]
Haha I asked this in a different thread. I think everyone is worried it's gonna get called off tomorrow like it did in '02.
[unquote]

Ha, yes, we were discussing this as we walked up to the game from the station yesterday. A that '02 game we had quite a few extra family with us, and it wasn't postponed until the last minute as we were waiting in the pouring rain for the gates to open. Not so bad yesterday.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 22 Oct 2017 16:24

Only one Trevor Morley I remember a match at vicarage road being called off in mid nineties which happened just as we arrived.

that's a very specific time for the mid nineties to start.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 22 Oct 2017 19:59

handbags_harris
mx I really can't remember when these were, but I've been on my way to games at Palace and QPR when have been postponed.

Both within a month or so of each other, 96/97. QPR was postponed about 20 minutes from kick off, Palace around an hour. I made it to Shepherds Bush Market and Thornton Heath before finding out the news :evil:

marino3 not in the last ten years either but i think it was a league cup tie at elm park v bury (?)

i think bury were 2 nil up and the match was abandoned around half time due to a waterlogged pitch.

i'm pretty sure we won the re-scheduled game.

Yep, that happened in 95/96. Bury 2-0 up after 20 minutes, match abandoned after 28 I believe. We won the replayed fixture 2-1 with a late winner from Jimmy Quinn.
twas there..wasn't the entry fee ridiculously cheap like a £1 or something?

Their (then) manager Stan Ternant coming out in the pre-match warm-ups with a garden fork...utilising it making out like he was propagating the pitch.

He was rightly aggrieved...but hey-ho

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 23 Oct 2017 10:37

I think someone forgot to tell Stam and the players that the match hadn't been postponed