Reading FC Womens World

1862 posts
72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Reading FC Womens World

by 72 bus » 07 Jan 2018 19:56

muirinho [quote=

it's not going to cost them any extra, and they might make a few bob on teas and coffees. As well as promoting the team in general.

It's almost like Women don't have a pint in your sexist world.
They probably drink more than you, batty boy

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 07 Jan 2018 20:06

72 bus
muirinho [quote=

it's not going to cost them any extra, and they might make a few bob on teas and coffees. As well as promoting the team in general.

I'd have used exactly the same phrase talking about the men's game - because I rarely drink at games - think it's you that's being sexist here by jumping to conclusions about why I didn't say "teas and coffees and beer and wine and pies and chips and player magnets and calendars"

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Jan 2018 20:11

Jagermesiter1871 Is there any way whatsoever we could borrow one of the women's teams strikers?

I'm being deadly serious.

No your not.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Jan 2018 21:11

muirinho
72 bus
muirinho [quote=

I'd have used exactly the same phrase talking about the men's game - because I rarely drink at games - think it's you that's being sexist here by jumping to conclusions about why I didn't say "teas and coffees and beer and wine and pies and chips and player magnets and calendars"

Orite so women aren't allowed a RFC garden gnome now? I bet in your sexist world you wouldn't even have twix's. You pig.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Jan 2018 21:48

windermereROYAL
Jagermesiter1871 Is there any way whatsoever we could borrow one of the women's teams strikers?

I'm being deadly serious.

No your not.
but the point has been made.....dont take everything quite so literally Windermere you miserable scrote........... :wink:

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 08 Jan 2018 10:30

Jagermesiter1871
muirinho
72 bus

Orite so women aren't allowed a RFC garden gnome now? I bet in your sexist world you wouldn't even have twix's. You pig.

Didn't think the club sold pink glittery garden gnomes. I stand corrected

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 08 Jan 2018 18:46

Showing the Reading men's team how to shoot and score - 58s into this clip:

https://www.facebook.com/FAWSL/videos/1797837820258059/

In return the men's team appear to have been passing on their defensive tips! :twisted:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2018 15:41

Nearly men/nearly women

FA cup Beaten 2-3 by Arsenal

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 14 Jan 2018 15:49

Threw away a 2-1 lead in the last 10 minutes. did Stam give them a team talk? and it wasn't the FA cup. continental cup semi final

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 14 Jan 2018 16:19

Chambers out

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 14 Jan 2018 16:31

Have the women's team won a single home match at Wycombe yet?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 14 Jan 2018 16:41

windermereROYAL Threw away a 2-1 lead in the last 10 minutes. did Stam give them a team talk? and it wasn't the FA cup. continental cup semi final
FA wimmins super league continental CUP actually Mr Misery .... :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2018 16:48

tmesis Have the women's team won a single home match at Wycombe yet?

Simple answer is Yes!

It was a great game yesterday. Neville Roach was there with his daughter and I believe Ady Williams was there too.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 15 Jan 2018 18:53

For those prepared to approach women's football with an open mind, I would strongly recommend going along to a Reading FC Women's game. It will certainly prove to be a breath of fresh air in this dreadful season for the men's team.

The standard of football has improved immeasurably since teams have turned professional. I think most will be very surprised by the level of skill, pace and fitness displayed. Some of the goals scored have been superb and goals scored by Reading players have been selected as goal of the week on several occasions, including that by Brooke Chaplen (link earlier in this thread).

Reading have three full England players in their squad as well as a host of full internationals from other countries and a good number of junior England players.

Reading FC Women are now genuinely one of the best teams in this country having beaten the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool this season, being the first team to take points off Chelsea this season and proved a real competitive threat to an exceptionally strong Man City who are copying their men in getting the best players and running away with the league.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Jan 2018 19:14

RoyalBlue For those prepared to approach women's football with an open mind, I would strongly recommend going along to a Reading FC Women's game. It will certainly prove to be a breath of fresh air in this dreadful season for the men's team.

The standard of football has improved immeasurably since teams have turned professional. I think most will be very surprised by the level of skill, pace and fitness displayed. Some of the goals scored have been superb and goals scored by Reading players have been selected as goal of the week on several occasions, including that by Brooke Chaplen (link earlier in this thread).

Reading have three full England players in their squad as well as a host of full internationals from other countries and a good number of junior England players.

Reading FC Women are now genuinely one of the best teams in this country having beaten the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool this season, being the first team to take points off Chelsea this season and proved a real competitive threat to an exceptionally strong Man City who are copying their men in getting the best players and running away with the league.

Does it effect our team with the new rules coming in next year?, I believe (but not sure) that they need to be full time players now..or something like that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2018 19:16

thought that they already were (as of last season)

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Feb 2018 18:50

like the men....out of the FA Cup

beaten by Berminam at an early stage

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 29 Mar 2018 17:18

I took a trip over with the grandson to Wycombe last night to see the match against Yeovil- Dave Kitson was there- I`m not sure if he`s involved with coaching the women`s team. Yeovil pointless all season were pretty poor. The Royals were far quicker, controlled the game and fully deserved the win. " Woman of the match " I would give to the Yeovil keeper who had an excellent game.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 29 Mar 2018 20:11

Did well against Chelsea last weekend @Kingstonian.

A 2-2 draw at the table toppers, Reading were 2-0 up then (apparently) not awarded a nailed on penalty to probably make it three...Chelsea got back to 1-2 seconds later :roll:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 29 Mar 2018 21:31

AthleticoSpizz Did well against Chelsea last weekend @Kingstonian.

A 2-2 draw at the table toppers, Reading were 2-0 up then (apparently) not awarded a nailed on penalty to probably make it three...Chelsea got back to 1-2 seconds later :roll:

The BBC commentary team, including Laura Bassett, were full of praise for the style of football played by Reading and the way that the team took the game to Chelsea, attacking them without fear. They also commented on how innovative and effective the team are from dead ball situations - the men's coaches should definitely spend some time watching their corner and freekick routines.

Followed it up with a very easy 3-0 win against bottom of the table Yeovil last night at Wycombe. Should really have got double that but for some brilliant last ditch defending by Yeovil and their keeper who played a blinder, including saving a penalty (had clearly watch the penalty that Chaplen scored against Chelsea on Sunday).

The team have some superb players, including Fara Williams who is having a superb season since joining Reading, and play brilliant possession based, but fast passing, attacking football - it's what Stam should've got the men doing.

Neville Roach is starting to become a regular attendee at home games, as his young daughter loves watching them. Could they be the first father and daughter to both play professional football for Reading Football Club?

1862 posts