250 posts
Biscuitman62

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield Wednesday (a) sponsored by total apathy

by Biscuitman62 » 26 Jan 2018 21:57

Longhorn1970
Biscuitman62
Longhorn1970
Why buy a ticket ?

I understand what your saying, I do. But if you buy a ticket and don't go in it's in my mind it's saying. yes I support RFC but I don't feel that what is going on in the ground is something that I can a)support and b) is a fair representation of our club

If they're selling tickets they don't care tbh

Maybe they don't but it's up to those of us who do to at least try to make sure they don't get an easy ride in not caring then isn't it ?

Berry

by Berry » 26 Jan 2018 22:02

The whole situation is madder than a mad max convention....Stam is either mentally unhinged or has some serious dirt to dish out on whoever in the club employs him and to be quite honest does anyone know who employs him?....Is Gourlay an illusion?...No manager in any league could last this long, but he is still there....Mad

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 26 Jan 2018 22:12

Berry The whole situation is madder than a mad max convention....Stam is either mentally unhinged or has some serious dirt to dish out on whoever in the club employs him and to be quite honest does anyone know who employs him?....Is Gourlay an illusion?...No manager in any league could last this long, but he is still there....Mad

In (troublesome) years gone by we new that the club had a heart beating inside of it's own (John Madejski, Nigel Howe) now we really don't know. New (Chinese) owners and a Chief Executive that had previously worked with Chelsea. Action would have been taken given our predicament under the previous regime I do believe.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2018 22:13

genome Bizarrely we still haven't conceded more than 2 in any game so far this season.

We didn't even achieve that in 2005/06.

I'll see myself out...

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 26 Jan 2018 22:14

Biscuitman62
Berry The whole situation is madder than a mad max convention....Stam is either mentally unhinged or has some serious dirt to dish out on whoever in the club employs him and to be quite honest does anyone know who employs him?....Is Gourlay an illusion?...No manager in any league could last this long, but he is still there....Mad

In (troublesome) years gone by we new that the club had a heart beating inside of it's own (John Madejski, Nigel Howe) now we really don't know. New (Chinese) owners and a Chief Executive that had previously worked with Chelsea. Action would have been taken given our predicament under the previous regime I do believe.

I'm surprised Gourlay is so accepting of the situation I thought he'd have more about him

Berry

by Berry » 26 Jan 2018 22:21

Longhorn1970
Biscuitman62

I'm surprised Gourlay is so accepting of the situation I thought he'd have more about him

Maybe Ron Gourlay will be the new manager?? Promote from within? It is the Reading way....Keeps costs down...I'm sure he's watched Match of the day a few times...Yes good appointment for the clandestine Chinese owners...They have there hands full selling land in and around Berkshire

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Jan 2018 22:22

LordCKS is on his usual moronic Twitter form tonight.

What an omnicunt

Biscuitman62

by Biscuitman62 » 26 Jan 2018 22:29

Longhorn1970
Biscuitman62

Do you think he feels that it may show him in bad light with the new owners if he suggests or removes Stam ?

double d

by double d » 26 Jan 2018 22:36

genome LordCKS is on his usual moronic Twitter form tonight.

What an omnicunt

His Twitter feed makes me so pissed off and ashamed to be a Reading fan

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 26 Jan 2018 23:49

How on earth can the owners possibly accept this situation? There is clearly a hidden agenda here.

The agenda is Chinese want to get relegated, sell the ground make loads of ££££, we relocate to a diddy little ground at Smallmead.

Its taken 25 years or so to establish Reading FC one division higher than our historical norm. Feel sorry for Madjeski

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Jan 2018 06:26

fred sharpes nose How on earth can the owners possibly accept this situation? There is clearly a hidden agenda here.

The agenda is Chinese want to get relegated, sell the ground make loads of ££££, we relocate to a diddy little ground at Smallmead.

Its taken 25 years or so to establish Reading FC one division higher than our historical norm. Feel sorry for Madjeski

Which of course makes complete sense with all the work going on at Hogwood to get the pitches and facilities up and running

Just perhaps we have owners that don't believe in tossing the baby out with the bathwater just because things aren't going right and if it means suffering to get the club to finally achieve then that's what they'll do.

At this point in time who actually knows?

Steve_Upper_West

by Steve_Upper_West » 27 Jan 2018 07:42

Zip As a STH travelling a fair distance I won’t be going to the Millwall game if he is still in charge. I have better things to do.

Ditto.......... Have already offered my season ticket to a 'friend' for the Millwall game - not a good friend obviously !

I am not going to spend 3 or 4 hours travelling to watch this garbage any longer - will watch some rugby instead :o
Last edited by Steve_Upper_West on 27 Jan 2018 09:13, edited 1 time in total.

Hitchytwo

by Hitchytwo » 27 Jan 2018 07:56

Does paying off a managers contract come into the whole financial fair play b*llocks? I have no clue how Jaap is still are manager. This must be due to the lack of funding at the club. I wouldn’t even mind if we had to sell Moore to get Stam out of his contract! As long as we brought in a talented young English manager. This poxy Dutch style of play definitely works at the high levels of football, but it cannot work concistently at this level.

Also, how can Stam still say that he believes his job is safe and that he has no worries. If he just lost 3-1 to a team that can’t score, hasn’t won a league match in months, hasn’t won a single Saturday game at Home all season! It’s utter madness!

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 27 Jan 2018 08:21

Apparently so.

But then, it's not like he's got 4 years left on his contract, he's got 18 months - we can't be paying him THAT much?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 27 Jan 2018 10:02

Just saying, but Wednesday, under their new manager have now gone their last
four games undefeated, including two wins and a draw with Cardiff

Watching the highlights, we played well going forward but missed very good chances
and hit the post.

But the defence was genuinely shambolic

McCleary looks finished (been thinking that for 18 months but now he looks slow, out of shape, just taking the money)

Kermie looks fat (for an athlete)

is it true that Wednesday scored (28th minute) from their first real chance?

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 Jan 2018 10:20

Biscuitman62
Longhorn1970
Biscuitman62 In (troublesome) years gone by we new that the club had a heart beating inside of it's own (John Madejski, Nigel Howe) now we really don't know. New (Chinese) owners and a Chief Executive that had previously worked with Chelsea. Action would have been taken given our predicament under the previous regime I do believe.

Do you think he feels that it may show him in bad light with the new owners if he suggests or removes Stam ?

I think he was right to stick with Stam after last season but not everything in football works out

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 27 Jan 2018 10:22

genome Apparently so.

But then, it's not like he's got 4 years left on his contract, he's got 18 months - we can't be paying him THAT much?

£3m a year was reported

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 27 Jan 2018 10:25

Snowball
is it true that Wednesday scored (28th minute) from their first real chance?

Yes. A very poor team. Well drilled to fall back into their half and simply leave us no space behind them. No attempt to pressurise us on the ball either when we had in our half. If we had been set similar. Could well have been a draw.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 27 Jan 2018 10:33

Longhorn1970
genome Apparently so.

£3m a year was reported

Problem is we’d have to pay off his back room buddies as well

But needs to be done

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 27 Jan 2018 11:13

Relegate, we still have the stadium and associated real estate. Rebirth the squad and wage bill. Much more successful season in League 1 to build momentum. But a long climb back up, no guarantees, success builds success.

Maybe we're still redressing a deep rooted problem at the club that started with Anton. Re-read an article last night from 2016 at https://thetilehurstend.sbnation.com/20 ... l-elm-park. Might fill in the blanks for some.

Maybe that's why he has confidence he fits into their plan. While there are some pits in relegation, and the preference would not be to, it's not the deal breaker.

250 posts