Who still thinks Reading will avoid relegation...

Forest Gump

Who still thinks Reading will avoid relegation...

by Forest Gump » 11 Feb 2018 00:18

... personally I find it annoying to keep hearing from some of you that “we won’t go down” or “we’ll (just) survive”
Please take your head out of your arse and smell the Bovril.
This team, under this manager, will not win another game this season and will be down before the last game of the season on current / recent form.
Not expecting g a response really....
Just very very very fed up with the hopelessness of the current situation.
Everything Reading is total crap at the moment.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Who still thinks Reading will avoid relegation...

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Feb 2018 00:33

Cool, let's insult everyone that doesn't agree with you, that's an adult way to approach things. I don't think we will be relegated.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 11 Feb 2018 00:35

I think we will scrape survival but to suggest with certainty that we won’t go down is idiotic.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 11 Feb 2018 01:00

Zip I think we will scrape survival but to suggest with certainty that we won’t go down is idiotic.

Absolutely, I would extend that to anyone who is saying we're already down as well.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 11 Feb 2018 03:49

Forest Gump ... personally I find it annoying to keep hearing from some of you that “we won’t go down” or “we’ll (just) survive”
This team, under this manager, will not win another game this season and will be down before the last game of the season on current / recent form.

If you're so sure, put a couple of thousand on it at the bookies.

What's stopping you?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Feb 2018 05:22

Zip I think we will scrape survival but to suggest with certainty that we won’t go down is idiotic.

Unless we improve we are going down. If anyone can see from where and when this improvement is likely to materialise, feel free to enlighten the rest of us.,

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Feb 2018 07:39

I've said all along that we will be relegated this season but no one chose to listen to me

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 11 Feb 2018 07:59

I think we’ll stay up. Not by a great deal, but I think we’ll manage it. I think we have just enough ability in the squad, and I’m maybe foolishly banking on Swift giving us a boost when he comes back. A couple of injury free good games from him could make the difference

That’s not saying the threat of relegation isn’t very real. Lose to Forest next week and we are deep in the shit

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 11 Feb 2018 08:18

Royal_jimmy I've said all along that we will be relegated this season but no one chose to listen to me

Not saying you are right but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 11 Feb 2018 08:25

Platypuss
Forest Gump ... personally I find it annoying to keep hearing from some of you that “we won’t go down” or “we’ll (just) survive”

What's stopping you?

I Would never seek to profit from my own teams downfall.

Maybe Stam has that bet, though ???
And possibly a few of the team?
It would partly explain several performances.
Surely not...

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 11 Feb 2018 08:43

From Despair To Where?
Royal_jimmy I've said all along that we will be relegated this season but no one chose to listen to me

Not saying you are right but even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

No it isn't.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 08:46

We're certainly in a fight to stay up and things are looking bad. But currently we are the ones with the points in the board. Four teams have to overhaul us for us to go down.

Even at our recent shittest we've matched points with Burton and Sunderland over the last six games. Hull and Barnsley have gained just 1 point on us in the same period.

It looks pretty certain Bolton and Brum will ease past us, but who cares? That won't relegate us. We basically need a point a game, possibly even less. Win one of the next three and we're achieving that. Forest are very beatable and we've had almost as many wins against good sides as shit, so something surprising could happen.

I'd rather be us than Hull or Barnsley right now. Certainly than Sunderland or Burton.

I'd put us about 70/30 to stay up right now. Lose to Forest and have most of the four below us pick up points and I think you have to say it drops to about 50/50.

It's squeeky bum time, but it's not a certainty by any stretch of the imagination.

The only thing the fans can do to help is to loudly back the players during the game. Confidence is so shot to buggery I'm not sure a change of management is anything like sure to bring an improvement.

But if you do want to act to get Stam out. Do it AFTER the game. Not during. Of course, you'd have to actually stay to the end for that wouldn't you.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 08:48

This team, under this manager, will not win another game this season and will be down before the last game of the season

people said that before Burton.

We absolutely will win another game this season. There's no way we're 17 without a win. It's ludicrous.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 08:52

Forest Gump
Platypuss

What's stopping you?

Maybe Stam has that bet, though ???
And possibly a few of the team?
It would partly explain several performances.
Surely not...

Given it would be unprofessional, against the rules and ridiculously stupid, obviously they don't. And making the suggestion shows you have less credibility than doubled. :shock:

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 11 Feb 2018 08:57

The sad thing is, is that if we stay up, it won't be because we fought a relegation battle and won by showing some backbone or guile, it will only be because those below us carried on playing equally as bad or even worse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Feb 2018 09:10

Pandoras Box The sad thing is, is that if we stay up, it won't be because we fought a relegation battle and won by showing some backbone or guile, it will only be because those below us carried on playing equally as bad or even worse.

If we stay up it'll be because we held our nerve and also because after our first poor patch we went on a promotion winning run of form around November.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Feb 2018 09:20

Snowflake Royal We're certainly in a fight to stay up and things are looking bad. But currently we are the ones with the points in the board. Four teams have to overhaul us for us to go down.

Even at our recent shittest we've matched points with Burton and Sunderland over the last six games. Hull and Barnsley have gained just 1 point on us in the same period.

It looks pretty certain Bolton and Brum will ease past us, but who cares? That won't relegate us. We basically need a point a game, possibly even less. Win one of the next three and we're achieving that. Forest are very beatable and we've had almost as many wins against good sides as shit, so something surprising could happen.

I'd rather be us than Hull or Barnsley right now. Certainly than Sunderland or Burton.

I'd put us about 70/30 to stay up right now. Lose to Forest and have most of the four below us pick up points and I think you have to say it drops to about 50/50.

It's squeeky bum time, but it's not a certainty by any stretch of the imagination.

The only thing the fans can do to help is to loudly back the players during the game. Confidence is so shot to buggery I'm not sure a change of management is anything like sure to bring an improvement.

But if you do want to act to get Stam out. Do it AFTER the game. Not during. Of course, you'd have to actually stay to the end for that wouldn't you.

Spot on post. Great assessment of our present situation

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Feb 2018 09:42

Forest Gump
Platypuss

What's stopping you?

Think of it as softening the blow if the unthinkable does happen. You can still get 8/1. How much would you pay to keep us in the division? £100? That'd be a nice £800 consolation if we do go down.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 11 Feb 2018 09:47

I think if we do manage to stay up it will be by the skin of our teeth, but we are definitely in serious danger of ending up in the bottom three based on our recent form. I put £30 on us to be relegated at 8/1 a couple of weeks ago as a contingency plan if we do go down to go towards a cheaper season ticket next season. I'm hoping it's a bet I lose, but if we did go down I would still be there next season.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Feb 2018 11:05

paddy20
Snowflake Royal We're certainly in a fight to stay up and things are looking bad. But currently we are the ones with the points in the board. Four teams have to overhaul us for us to go down.

Spot on post. Great assessment of our present situation

Disagree. I actually go to games. As ever IR criticises the fans not the manager.

The fact that ANYONE turns up to games shows the resilience of the fans.