Dave Beasent

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Dave Beasent

by Theroyalbox » 28 Feb 2018 11:05

This has been really winding me up since last night, In Stams post game interview when asked about the penalty was he surprised Leo took it, he said no Bes (assuming this is beasent) works hard on these selections during the week. Is this normally, a goalkeeping coach making these decisions? Beasent just strikes me as absolutely clueless, watching him warm up the keepers he can hardly serve them properly, hes often talking to subs showing them tactics before they come on, how uninspiring for a player.

So what is Gilkes Ulderdink and whoever else is in this absolute team of muppets doing??

Clubs a mess and im p!ssed off about it

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dave Beasent

by West Stand Man » 28 Feb 2018 11:30

Theroyalbox This has been really winding me up since last night, In Stams post game interview when asked about the penalty was he surprised Leo took it, he said no Bes (assuming this is beasent) works hard on these selections during the week. Is this normally, a goalkeeping coach making these decisions? Beasent just strikes me as absolutely clueless, watching him warm up the keepers he can hardly serve them properly, hes often talking to subs showing them tactics before they come on, how uninspiring for a player.

So what is Gilkes Ulderdink and whoever else is in this absolute team of muppets doing??

Clubs a mess and im p!ssed off about it

Is the snow making it hard to get into school today?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 28 Feb 2018 11:31

Think you're just looking for people to blame.

Beasant I am sure is a perfectly capable goalkeeper coach. All managers use their coaches for different things I would guess. One of Beasant's extra tasks might be to look after set plays.

The penalty itself wasn't that bad, got to give their keeper credit.
Last edited by Old Man Andrews on 28 Feb 2018 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 28 Feb 2018 11:33

It's oxf*rd BEASANT

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Feb 2018 21:27

At the fans forum Stam was asked about responsibilities and indeed DB looks after set plays along with MG. Have to say, though, from what I’ve seen this season it’s been pretty hopeless in that area but in their defence the club are crying out for a Darren Caskey or Ian Harte

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2018 21:35

Never liked his hair.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 28 Feb 2018 23:07

Sutekh though, from what I’ve seen this season it’s been pretty hopeless in that area but in their defence the club are crying out for a Darren Caskey or Ian Harte

God Darren Caskey. I can't remember which game it was, either Bournemouth at home when they had Defoe, or Notts county. We were losing and got a free-kick on the edge of the box, bought him on and he tucked it away like a penalty with his first touch. Every time we got a free kick on the edge of the box you thought it was in. Only ever seen Beckham be more reliable than Caskey at free-kicks around that left hand side.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Mar 2018 11:16

FiNeRaIn
Sutekh though, from what I’ve seen this season it’s been pretty hopeless in that area but in their defence the club are crying out for a Darren Caskey or Ian Harte

God Darren Caskey. I can't remember which game it was, either Bournemouth at home when they had Defoe, or Notts county. We were losing and got a free-kick on the edge of the box, bought him on and he tucked it away like a penalty with his first touch. Every time we got a free kick on the edge of the box you thought it was in. Only ever seen Beckham be more reliable than Caskey at free-kicks around that left hand side.

Bournemouth at home, the 3-3 draw last game of the regular season 2001.

I thought the penalty was a little telegraphed but still a good save, got strong hands on it and just pushed it past the post.

Caskey, Shorey, Gylfi, Harte - all excellent dead ball men. Ian Harte the GOAT in my opinion, superb.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 01 Mar 2018 12:33

Same season New Years day, 0-1 down at home to Northampton, up steps DC for a trademark freekick and goal in the 90th.

Scenes

9 posts   •   Page 1 of 1