Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Message to Tim Dellor and Konathon Low

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2018 17:07

Tilehurstsouthbank
wingnut I do think Dellor pulls his punches way too much in his post-match interviews - but I think it's because he's too scared of pissing Jaap off (or whoever is our manager - this isn't a recent phenomenon). The phone-ins from fans have been rightly seething, with more than one caller saying that Stam's destroying the club. Whether that's true or not, or whether Tim agrees or not, he should be putting their points to Jaap - and he can do it in a way that makes it clear that they aren't his opinions if he's too scared of Stam.

Maybe as he has history with past managers (especially Brenda) he has been warned about his conduct...

He was very obviously warned about his attitude to Vydra, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't agree Dellor or the BBC are in any way obligated to put the questions of the angry and unhinged who call them to the club / manager.

The calls to BBCRB may be consistent in message, but those people are not a good representation of the fanbase as a whole, just as HNA isn't really, only worse.

wingnut
Hob Nob Regular

by wingnut » 07 Mar 2018 17:19

Doesn't really matter whether it's all or just a few fans (& I'm not saying it's my opinion either), it's clear that there's vocal group of fans unhappy with what Stam's doing. Dellor himself is pretty vocal on the team's and specific individuals' performances and he appears to soft-pedal those opinions when he's face to face with Jaap.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 07 Mar 2018 17:44

wingnut Doesn't really matter whether it's all or just a few fans (& I'm not saying it's my opinion either), it's clear that there's vocal group of fans unhappy with what Stam's doing. Dellor himself is pretty vocal on the team's and specific individuals' performances and he appears to soft-pedal those opinions when he's face to face with Jaap.

If he were to attack Stam post game to the point BBC Radio Berks were no longer allowed access to the manager Dellor would probably be fired. His hands are tied.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 07 Mar 2018 17:50

I was watching Sky news today and saw a story were the Torquay manager had a seven hour journey just to watch his next opponents Maidstone Utd. Yet Stam on his million pound contract and all travel expenses paid. Can’t be arsed to go to Wolves tonight to see our next two opponents. According to him watching a video is just the same. I’m sorry it isn’t. You get a much better idea of how a team plays and sets up by watching them live. I can remember Sir Alex Ferguson being in the crowd when we were playing Sheffield United he would always be watching games against future opponents. That to me says everything about Stam arrogant lazy and not committed.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 07 Mar 2018 18:00

Jackson Corner I was watching Sky news today and saw a story were the Torquay manager had a seven hour journey just to watch his next opponents Maidstone Utd. Yet Stam on his million pound contract and all travel expenses paid. Can’t be arsed to go to Wolves tonight to see our next two opponents. According to him watching a video is just the same. I’m sorry it isn’t. You get a much better idea of how a team plays and sets up by watching them live. I can remember Sir Alex Ferguson being in the crowd when we were playing Sheffield United he would always be watching games against future opponents. That to me says everything about Stam arrogant lazy and not committed.

Absolutely.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 07 Mar 2018 18:07

Hound sums up the whole situation when a point against one of the poorest sides in the division, with a terrible away record, is seen as a point gained.

We are currently a poor team. Best to have realistic expectations then one wont be disappointed.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 07 Mar 2018 18:34

Jackson Corner I was watching Sky news today and saw a story were the Torquay manager had a seven hour journey just to watch his next opponents Maidstone Utd. Yet Stam on his million pound contract and all travel expenses paid. Can’t be arsed to go to Wolves tonight to see our next two opponents. According to him watching a video is just the same. I’m sorry it isn’t. You get a much better idea of how a team plays and sets up by watching them live. I can remember Sir Alex Ferguson being in the crowd when we were playing Sheffield United he would always be watching games against future opponents. That to me says everything about Stam arrogant lazy and not committed.

Or Stam has sent a couple of scouts to the game (which, you know, is their job and that) and has faith in them to provide an accurate report and thinks his time would be better spent on the training pitch trying to get the best out of his players?

Also, Torquay might not be able to afford a scouting team, so the manager has to act as both, manager and scout.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 07 Mar 2018 18:43

Hendo
Jackson Corner I was watching Sky news today and saw a story were the Torquay manager had a seven hour journey just to watch his next opponents Maidstone Utd. Yet Stam...[b]travel expenses paid....[/b] Can’t be arsed to go to Wolves tonight to see our next two opponents. That to me says everything about Stam arrogant lazy and not committed.

Or Stam has sent a couple of scouts to the game (which, you know, is their job and that) and has faith in them to provide an accurate report and thinks his time would be better spent on the training pitch trying to get the best out of his players?

Also, Torquay might not be able to afford a scouting team, so the manager has to act as both, manager and scout.

Torquay? Must be worse places to be as a gaffer. Darlington, anyone? Don't know what his salary is, or Stam's either, though one might expect Champ manager's to be earning more. So the Torquay manager is not allowed to file an expense claim for travel, petrol, etc? You say 'It says everything about Stam', whereas it tells me nothing, but to each their own.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 07 Mar 2018 19:24, edited 2 times in total.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 07 Mar 2018 18:47

I like Dellor, up until recently I haven't needed him as I was at all the games but have started listening in on the mid week games.

Loves the club and wears his heart on his sleeve however the aura around Stam is a difficult one. He was world class and if Tim tore into him like Brands or Adkins, he'd be cut off.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 07 Mar 2018 18:54

I also, by the way, think Jaap has conducted himself like a gentleman whenever he's interviewed by Dellor. It would be easy for him to hide and I don't think tearing him a new one would achieve much. Stam knows he's oxf*rd this up and no amount of attacking him in interviews will help.

He needs to go, yes but Dellor won't be able to influence that.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Mar 2018 19:06

Did anyone hear Dellor having a near break down last night calling Aluko a disgrace? Aluko is his new Vydra, albeit much more deservedly.

Awayawayaway

by Awayawayaway » 07 Mar 2018 19:12

Jagermesiter1871 Did anyone hear Dellor having a near break down last night calling Aluko a disgrace? Aluko is his new Vydra, albeit much more deservedly.

He lost it. He was an inch away from losing control there. Who could blame him, Aluko is as dislikeable as his sister.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Mar 2018 19:29

Lost in the moment, he sure had to cut himself short didn’t he.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 07 Mar 2018 20:01

Jagermesiter1871 Did anyone hear Dellor having a near break down last night calling Aluko a disgrace? Aluko is his new Vydra, albeit much more deservedly.

I genuinely thought he was going to swear on air and get fired for a second.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 07 Mar 2018 20:01

Awayawayaway I like Dellor, up until recently I haven't needed him as I was at all the games but have started listening in on the mid week games. Loves the club and wears his heart on his sleeve however the aura around Stam is a difficult one. He was world class and if Tim tore into him like Brands or Adkins, he'd be cut off.
I also, by the way, think Jaap has conducted himself like a gentleman whenever he's interviewed by Dellor. It would be easy for him to hide and I don't think tearing him a new one would achieve much. Stam knows he's oxf*rd this up and no amount of attacking him in interviews will help. He needs to go, yes but Dellor won't be able to influence that.

Good points, and well said. I imagine most all of us would do something similar if we were in Dellor's shoes.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 07 Mar 2018 23:16

Awayawayaway

He lost it. He was an inch away from losing control there. Who could blame him, Aluko is as dislikeable as his sister.

Is his sister dislikeable?

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 08 Mar 2018 01:47

Awayawayaway

What have either of them done to justify that ridiculous comment. His sister was ostracised by the then England manager for non-footballing reasons and whatever you may think about Sone's abilities, that's no reason to dislike him for it

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 08 Mar 2018 08:11

If you still hate Futcher
Awayawayaway

Sone's abilities, that's no reason to dislike him for it

There are.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 08 Mar 2018 08:25

Denver Royal
Hendo
Jackson Corner I was watching Sky news today and saw a story were the Torquay manager had a seven hour journey just to watch his next opponents Maidstone Utd. Yet Stam...[b]travel expenses paid....[/b] Can’t be arsed to go to Wolves tonight to see our next two opponents. That to me says everything about Stam arrogant lazy and not committed.

Torquay? Must be worse places to be as a gaffer. Darlington, anyone? Don't know what his salary is, or Stam's either, though one might expect Champ manager's to be earning more. So the Torquay manager is not allowed to file an expense claim for travel, petrol, etc? You say 'It says everything about Stam', whereas it tells me nothing, but to each their own.

I respect his decision not to attend the game. A show of hands, who would travel to Wolves on a wet weds night, if they had the choice of sending some one else?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Mar 2018 08:36

Coppells Lost Coat I respect his decision not to attend the game. A show of hands, who would travel to Wolves on a wet weds night, if they had the choice of sending some one else?

But what would he have done in Wolverhampton? Sat in an empty stadium dreaming of managing a big club?