Season Tickets 18/19 - Renewal Deadline 5pm on Monday 2nd July 2018.

180 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Season Tickets 18/19 - Renewal Deadline 5pm on Monday 2nd July 2018.

by Zip » 27 Jun 2018 22:58

bobby1413
RoyalBlue
bobby1413
It's not the case.

It's a mistake by the marketing department I think. Well that's what most are choosing to believe. The only other explanation is it's a cheap and stupid marketing ploy which makes no sense.

My son who is now 26 has got a card offering him renewal at £230. My daughter who is 23 has received nothing!

It's either a bloody big and inexcusable mistake or an even more inexcusable cynical marketing ploy. Either way, an explanation and apology would be the right approach.

Yep... my GF got a card through but I didn't. So it is a bit random.

It's odd as if it is a mistake then why hasn't EVERYONE got one? Not just 1 individual in a house with multiple STH

It does seem to be a marketing ploy to me. The club haven't said a word.

I know some say "get over it... no big deal"

I agree entirely if it is a mistake. But otherwise it's a bit sh1tty. Also it's not quite true to say "you already knew the price would be £375"

I did. But then the card said "to thank you for your loyalty your ticket is just £99 this year".

Specifically addressing the receipient.

It’s beginning to seem very odd. Initially it looked like a random number of fans had been supplied with incorrect info. However this seems very strange. The club need to address all of this and clear it up.
I wonder if ST sales are well down on previous seasons.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Jun 2018 14:30

No real explanation for what happened but, nevertheless, an unsolicited letter of apology received from the club today. 'It was not our intention to mislead any of our supporters and we are sorry for the error.'

Good old Jackie Evans, she has always tried to do the best for supporters. I suspect she monitors HNA - so thanks Jackie.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 29 Jun 2018 17:55

I haven't received that letter but did get the following email in reply to mine:

"We apologise but the direct mail that you received from our Reading FC mail house advertising Season Tickets contained the incorrect information.

It was not our intention to mislead any of our supporters and we are sorry for our error.

All correct prices of Season Tickets for the 2018/19 campaign can be viewed here: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/sea ... 19/prices/.

Supporters who were Season Ticket-holders last season have until 5pm on Monday 2nd July to secure their seat and to benefit from the reduced renewal rate.

If you require further information on our Season Ticket Pricing for 2018/19, please contact the Ticket Office by calling 0118 698 1313.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for renewing your 2018/19 Season Ticket, we really appreciate your continued support."

Think it's a copy and paste email with the thank you added on as I didn't really need the info on pricing having already bought so assume they've had a fair few similar emails from people who hadn't bought theirs yet. Can only assume someone in the department somehow managed to send the printers a spreadsheet of data with all the columns messed up so all the adults were down as random concessions.

Just a shame football clubs aren't in the business of honouring their mistakes like some other companies would. I generally wouldn't mind as it was my choice to pay the full price anyway and want to support my club financially; I'm just a little annoyed at mine costing more this season (if only £20) despite the headline being all about a 'price freeze' to reward loyalty.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jun 2018 18:01

Kingsley Junior I haven't received that letter but did get the following email in reply to mine:

"We apologise but the direct mail that you received from our Reading FC mail house advertising Season Tickets contained the incorrect information.

It was not our intention to mislead any of our supporters and we are sorry for our error.

All correct prices of Season Tickets for the 2018/19 campaign can be viewed here: https://www.readingfc.co.uk/tickets/sea ... 19/prices/.

Supporters who were Season Ticket-holders last season have until 5pm on Monday 2nd July to secure their seat and to benefit from the reduced renewal rate.

If you require further information on our Season Ticket Pricing for 2018/19, please contact the Ticket Office by calling 0118 698 1313.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for renewing your 2018/19 Season Ticket, we really appreciate your continued support."

Think it's a copy and paste email with the thank you added on as I didn't really need the info on pricing having already bought so assume they've had a fair few similar emails from people who hadn't bought theirs yet. Can only assume someone in the department somehow managed to send the printers a spreadsheet of data with all the columns messed up so all the adults were down as random concessions.

Just a shame football clubs aren't in the business of honouring their mistakes like some other companies would. I generally wouldn't mind as it was my choice to pay the full price anyway and want to support my club financially; I'm just a little annoyed at mine costing more this season (if only £20) despite the headline being all about a 'price freeze' to reward loyalty.

Yes fair comment. You shouldn’t be paying more if the club are referring to a price freeze. At least both Royal Blue and yourself got replies which is more than I got when I wrote to the club about the £15 charge to park at the Stadium at the start of last season.

All a bit of an own goal which is a shame because ST prices are very reasonably priced compared to a lot of clubs.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 Jun 2018 18:20

I also got a letter. Happy with that, no harm done and was really only a minor annoyance but it's good to get a letter acknowledging it

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 29 Jun 2018 19:45

An obvious error. No one died

Some people need to get out more! :roll:

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 29 Jun 2018 20:07

Royality creeps In An obvious error. No one died

Some people need to get out more! :roll:

Of course. Whereas critiquing what someone posts on a forum is the height of living...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 29 Jun 2018 21:18

Royality creeps In An obvious error

It really wasn't an obvious error. I wasn't sure. Like I said the card was addressed to me personally and stated "Your season ticket is £99 to say thank you for your loyal support".

The issue here is that some were unsure if it was a marketing thing or an error.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 29 Jun 2018 23:37

bobby1413

It really wasn't an obvious error. I wasn't sure. Like I said the card was addressed to me personally and stated "Your season ticket is £99 to say thank you for your loyal support".

The issue here is that some were unsure if it was a marketing thing or an error.

For anyone that understands how automated marketing works it's a very common error. Someone copy-pastes some data incorrectly or selects the wrong options when running a report. It's very obviously that the club didn't do it deliberately.

It's a shame that people get upset about this sort of stuff. We used to see it at work when an email would go out with an honest mistake and you could guarantee that a small percentage of people would blow it out of all proportion. You just had to let them continue complaining until they tired themselves out.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jun 2018 23:49

Elm Park Kid
bobby1413

For anyone that understands how automated marketing works it's a very common error. Someone copy-pastes some data incorrectly or selects the wrong options when running a report. It's very obviously that the club didn't do it deliberately.

It's a shame that people get upset about this sort of stuff. We used to see it at work when an email would go out with an honest mistake and you could guarantee that a small percentage of people would blow it out of all proportion. You just had to let them continue complaining until they tired themselves out.

I fully understand that and thought it an honest mistake. However that doesn’t explain Royal Blue’s son being offered renewal at an odd price of £230 which doesn’t accord with any adult price ST or a concession either.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jun 2018 12:42

Zip
Kingsley Junior I haven't received that letter but did get the following email in reply to mine:

Yes fair comment. You shouldn’t be paying more if the club are referring to a price freeze. At least both Royal Blue and yourself got replies which is more than I got when I wrote to the club about the £15 charge to park at the Stadium at the start of last season.

Just to make your snubbing hurt even more, I hadn't contact the club about this, so the apology was unsolicited.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 30 Jun 2018 12:44

Zip
Elm Park Kid
bobby1413

I fully understand that and thought it an honest mistake. However that doesn’t explain Royal Blue’s son being offered renewal at an odd price of £230 which doesn’t accord with any adult price ST or a concession either.

Hadn't realised that. I've just checked the initial flyer again and it clearly says: 'Your Season Ticket for the 2018/19 campaign will be priced at just £230 for all 23 home Sky Bet Championship fixtures!'

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 30 Jun 2018 16:42

Zip
Elm Park Kid
bobby1413

Pretty sure that’s a price for 65 and over in some areas

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2018 17:34

WAZZOCK
Zip
Elm Park Kid

The nearest I can see is £235 for over 65’s in the ED Stand. There does not seem to be a single price at £230 anywhere.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 30 Jun 2018 17:57

Zip
WAZZOCK
Zip

The nearest I can see is £235 for over 65’s in the ED Stand. There does not seem to be a single price at £230 anywhere.

£230 is over 65 renewal price in East and Lower West. They must really have messed up the data though as I was 'given' that price in my flyer and sit in the ED stand.

My renewal was £20 more than last year because of the lack of Early Bird - but that was due to our poor form on the pitch rather than anything us fans had done or not done. If they had truly frozen prices at the price a person paid the season before, then I'd have thought that a great deal. Even if they had stuck mine up £20 I'd probably have thought less of it if they hadn't made 'price freeze' the main message. It's £20 less in the other half of the ED too, and I'm right on the cusp of B15/B16. Oh well. Would have forgotten these relatively small annoyances (as shown by renewing my ticket) by now but for that screw up of a mailer which just brought attention back to it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Jun 2018 19:11

Kingsley Junior
Zip
WAZZOCK

£230 is over 65 renewal price in East and Lower West. They must really have messed up the data though as I was 'given' that price in my flyer and sit in the ED stand.

My renewal was £20 more than last year because of the lack of Early Bird - but that was due to our poor form on the pitch rather than anything us fans had done or not done. If they had truly frozen prices at the price a person paid the season before, then I'd have thought that a great deal. Even if they had stuck mine up £20 I'd probably have thought less of it if they hadn't made 'price freeze' the main message. It's £20 less in the other half of the ED too, and I'm right on the cusp of B15/B16. Oh well. Would have forgotten these relatively small annoyances (as shown by renewing my ticket) by now but for that screw up of a mailer which just brought attention back to it.

Thanks for clarifying where the £230 came from. As you say some really screwed up data. Why is it less in one half of the ED?

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 30 Jun 2018 19:48

Zip
Kingsley Junior
Zip

Thanks for clarifying where the £230 came from. As you say some really screwed up data. Why is it less in one half of the ED?

Because of the family area I would imagine.

As someone has mentioned above, it’s probably a very small error in the logic of a spreadsheet that has quite drastically affected the data for the worst.

These things happen, and by and large the marketing team do a pretty decent job.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Jul 2018 17:04

IN! for another year.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Jul 2018 09:48

Yep, fortunately I didn't have to enter my card details through tears as I had received neither a wonky mailout nor an apology letter

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Jul 2018 12:21

Sorry everyone, I've renewed so we're in for another shit season fighting relegation barely winning a game at home.

180 posts