Liam Moore to Brighton

489 posts
Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Liam Moore to Brighton

by Theroyalbox » 01 Aug 2018 09:11

Don't think Moore will be playing on Friday, however I do think he will remain a Reading player.

Heard Brighton still wont meet the asking price for Moore which hasn't been lowered since the transfer request.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2018 10:05

I suspect you may be right on both fronts

I agree to an extent about cashing in on an unhappy player, but we certainly look a lot stronger with him in the side

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 01 Aug 2018 10:06

Am off to Brighton this afternoon ahead of grand-daughter's graduation.
Will report back any sightings of Reading players that I might happen to see looking around the area.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Aug 2018 11:35

Old Man Andrews The club should be doing all they can to push Moore out now that he has put in the request. Get him out and invest some of that money in players who want to be here.

I disagree buddy. We should play him and hope he performs well so we can maintain his asking price. He might even decide he's happy here after all and we are much stronger with him in the team than not.

If he stays let's support him.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Aug 2018 11:47

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews The club should be doing all they can to push Moore out now that he has put in the request. Get him out and invest some of that money in players who want to be here.

I disagree buddy. We should play him and hope he performs well so we can maintain his asking price. He might even decide he's happy here after all and we are much stronger with him in the team than not.

Agreed, just because he put in a TR shouldn`t mean we let him go on the cheap, we know our valuation and don`t back off from it, if he doesn`t like it then tough.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Aug 2018 11:51

NewCorkSeth

Cannot support a player who hands in a transfer request a week before the start of the season. Yes he can do a lot better than us but he should show a bit of respect to his manager and teammates.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Aug 2018 11:57

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth

Cannot support a player who hands in a transfer request a week before the start of the season. Yes he can do a lot better than us but he should show a bit of respect to his manager and teammates.

Forgive and forget?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 01 Aug 2018 12:03

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth I disagree buddy. We should play him and hope he performs well so we can maintain his asking price. He might even decide he's happy here after all and we are much stronger with him in the team than not.

Forgive and forget?

Not in my nature. I guess he can only win over the supporters by putting in a shift until January. If it is clear he is doing that and respecting the badge he will get the majority back on side.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 01 Aug 2018 12:09

Theroyalbox Don't think Moore will be playing on Friday, however I do think he will remain a Reading player.

Heard Brighton still wont meet the asking price for Moore which hasn't been lowered since the transfer request.

Now being reported on SSN, they either read HNA or this is right

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 01 Aug 2018 12:12

BRIGHTON WANT O'CONNELL
Brighton are interested in Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell, Sky Sports News has learned, and are prepared to pay £6m for him, as the Premier League club’s pursuit of Liam Moore has stalled.
We told you earlier this week that Moore had handed in a transfer request to try to force through his move to Brighton, but Reading are at this stage holding firm.
Chris Hughton wants a centre-back to add to his defensive options, and has now turned to O’Connell, who was a key player for Sheffield Utd last season, appearing in all 46 Championship matches.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 01 Aug 2018 12:55

Old Man Andrews
NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews

Forgive and forget?

Not in my nature. I guess he can only win over the supporters by putting in a shift until January. If it is clear he is doing that and respecting the badge he will get the majority back on side.

Fair enough! I think I can forgive him for having his head turned but expect he will be a professional and do his best for the club if he remains.

mambo3

by mambo3 » 01 Aug 2018 13:02

He knows a sinking ship when he sees one.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Aug 2018 13:17

Thing is if he stays he knows he needs to keep performing to get a move

Wouldn’t have any issue with him playing for us once the window was shut

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 01 Aug 2018 17:37

He'll be aware of his actions and their ramifications to Reading, and if he stays he'll likely make a statement accordingly(?). Either way, though, doubt he'll be here long term...

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 01 Aug 2018 22:56

Moore can go f*** himself.

Even if he stays I'd rather never see him start for us again if we can help it.

Yeah I get the whole players with short careers wanting higher wages thing but all of us in life take risks and decisions and we live by them.
He decided to pledge four years to RFC. The risk to Reading is substantial. What if he's shit? What if he gets injured? Etc. He gladly took that risk of security hoping we may go up and he knows full well we can't get out of it. Now something better might have come along he wants to f*** off. This is the lowest of the low in football players and stay or leave I don't care for him anymore.

And the fact is he's a short arse defender who stood out in a shit team yet still didn't stop us leaking goals. I think he's overrated.

Good riddance.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 02 Aug 2018 09:44

Strange opinion 2ww1wc. Do you feel the same contempt towards your colleagues who move on to pastures new? What you have to remember in all of this is, its just a job for Moore, and he has every right to want to move if he so desires. It's up to the club if they wish to sell. If he then starts refusing to play and being disruptive then that's a different matter. But there are no signs of that.

Another thing to note with ' pledge four years to RFC.' this contact is more for the club than for the player, it ensures we get more for one of our more saleable assets. Did anyone honestly think when he signed that he was going to see it out? if you did your deluded.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 02 Aug 2018 09:52

I have no problem with Moore throwing in a request, he seems a nice chap and deserves to further his career.

He was promised signings were going to be made and they haven't met his expectations

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 02 Aug 2018 09:58

I honestly think this is a bad move for Moore. He's clearly a player that needs regular first team action and he won't get that at Brighton. Sure, you get to be a Premier League player on Premier League wage, but at some point you have to care about being a footballer.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 02 Aug 2018 10:04

I am not sure why people still think the players have to be loyal. For too long now a contract only means more money for the club and not a commitment to from the player. How many one club players has there been? It is of no surprise that Moores heads been turned by a prem team. So what he handed in a request so he can earn an extra 500k a year down the road. I haven't heard that he is forcing a move or refusing to train/play. To him its just another job opportunity but for us fans can been seen as a stab in the back for waiting so long to decide.

Wasn't it Rooney who handed in a transfer request because he didn't believe the club were spending enough on players. Then man u spent like 200m in a week or so and Rooney stayed and scored 25 goals that season and stayed for another 4/5 years?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 02 Aug 2018 10:10

This is the guy that missed a penalty that could have got us promoted.

We stuck with him after that, I think he needs to show a bit of loyalty.

489 posts