Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

3140 posts
PremAddict
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Royals on the Box/Internet Thread

by PremAddict » 14 Aug 2018 19:11

seahawk10 I really love having the commentary now.

A+

Seconded. Last season it felt "lonely" not having commentary and iFollow didn't allow me to run both the audio commentary and the video stream at the same time. Big upgrade.

Good luck against LA this week (not sure if you follow baseball) - Rockies need some help from ALWest.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 14 Aug 2018 20:24

PremAddict
seahawk10 I really love having the commentary now.

A+

Seconded. Last season it felt "lonely" not having commentary and iFollow didn't allow me to run both the audio commentary and the video stream at the same time. Big upgrade.

Good luck against LA this week (not sure if you follow baseball) - Rockies need some help from ALWest.

Dodger fan

Only like the Seahawks because I grew up in the same Southern California town as their first QB Jim Zorn.
Go Hawks!
URZ
Go Blue!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2018 14:37

How on earth did the FL highlights end up on QUEST?

9pm on Saturdays

There's also a QUEST +1

It's apparently a free to view channel so is presumably on most boxes (ch. 172/173 if you're on Virgin) and therefore the only real access if you don't have SKY's blink and you'll miss it coverage.

Generally can't help but feel it detracts greatly from the competition if there's no extended highlights programme on BBC or ITV. Oh well in a couple of years all football will probably be on Amazon Prime anyway.

Anyone seen if the coverage is any good yet?

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 15 Aug 2018 14:47

wont be watching until reading actually win a league game
will let you know

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 15 Aug 2018 19:01

The Quest highlights aren't much different to when they were on Channel 5 (apart from the new studio - the C5 one used the old Soccer Am studio). Different pundits it seems so far too, Dean Ashton and Ian Holloway in the first 2 weeks. Oh, and they've got rid of the separate programmes for the Championship and L1/2.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2018 19:51

Liked the C5 highlights

Though barely ever watched them being as we were so desperate last year

And don’t think you can record red button. Possibly with the Q boxes - will give it a go

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2018 20:14

Caraboa cup highlights tonight on QUEST

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Aug 2018 22:44

Love the Seahawks, local NFL team "GoHawks"

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 18 Aug 2018 15:20

So having been sold on the idea of actually having the priveledge of audio and video at the same time I have renewed my ifollow.

Is this normal? The ambient crowd noise is so loud you can't actually hear tim and mick, having been at many, many Reading games I do not believe we are this noisy, sounds like the maracana but the pictures tell me its about half full :/

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 18 Aug 2018 16:02

10539.4 Miles Away So having been sold on the idea of actually having the priveledge of audio and video at the same time I have renewed my ifollow.

Is this normal? The ambient crowd noise is so loud you can't actually hear tim and mick, having been at many, many Reading games I do not believe we are this noisy, sounds like the maracana but the pictures tell me its about half full :/

I thought that was just because of my 'method of watching IFollow' as it was the same last week. If you're on the official IFollow and it's doing that I'd be asking for a refund.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 19 Aug 2018 08:57

It says in my online copy of the Observer, which I hate, that the Agony in Orange at Ewood this Wednesday will be available via the Sky Red Button.

It's hard to trust a Sunday paper that can’t even show the football results but there is a chance this might be true. Views?

If true, does it block the game for iFollow subscribers? If that is true, is this another example of Sky shooting a competitor?

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 19 Aug 2018 09:06

Fox Talbot It says in my online copy of the Observer, which I hate, that the Agony in Orange at Ewood this Wednesday will be available via the Sky Red Button.

It's hard to trust a Sunday paper that can’t even show the football results but there is a chance this might be true. Views?

If true, does it block the game for iFollow subscribers? If that is true, is this another example of Sky shooting a competitor?

Did I not bring this up on the last page?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Aug 2018 09:16

Basildon
KentRoyal Not sure if anyone has brought it up before but sky are showing EVERY midweek championship game on the red button. This means they will be showing the games against Blackburn, Leeds, and Norwich, both home and away. I’m still hurting after 7-1

thanks for the heads up, was not aware of that!

Should be another 2 games I think as Sky said there were 8 “rounds” of fixtures. Note that I do not expect it will include any fixtures that are subsequently rearranged due to FA Cup runs or other postponements.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 19 Aug 2018 09:56

KentRoyal
Fox Talbot It says in my online copy of the Observer, which I hate, that the Agony in Orange at Ewood this Wednesday will be available via the Sky Red Button.

Did you state whether it will not be on iFollow as a consequence?

KentRoyal

by KentRoyal » 19 Aug 2018 11:08

Jagermesiter1871
KentRoyal

Did you state whether it will not be on iFollow as a consequence?

Should be on I follow, don’t see why not

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 19 Aug 2018 12:39

Sutekh
Basildon
KentRoyal Not sure if anyone has brought it up before but sky are showing EVERY midweek championship game on the red button. This means they will be showing the games against Blackburn, Leeds, and Norwich, both home and away. I’m still hurting after 7-1

thanks for the heads up, was not aware of that!

Should be another 2 games I think as Sky said there were 8 “rounds” of fixtures. Note that I do not expect it will include any fixtures that are subsequently rearranged due to FA Cup runs or other postponements.

Indeed and the Boxing Day and Easter fixtures are not included either......so hopefully, due to cup games, weather and possible nuclear war, we won’t have to endure too many midweek games!

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 19 Aug 2018 16:14

The midweek games being shown live by SKY via the red button are Blackburn away 22nd Aug, Norwich home 19th Sept, QPR home 2nd Oct, Birmingham away 23rd Oct, Leeds away 27th Nov, Blackburn home 13th Feb, Leeds home 12th Mar and Norwich away 9th April.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 20 Aug 2018 05:17

After the first weeks games coverage on iFollow was so good, since then nothing but problems. They really need to sort out the audio volume. It is almost worthless as you can barely hear Tim and Mick. Either turn down the ambient or turn up the commentary, one or the other is needed as it's useless as it is.

Does anyone have a quick link to write complaints? I'll have a look later but would be good to get as many as possible to complain. They'll state that it's nothing to do with them but the iFollow people, but the response should be, it doesn't matter who's responsible if you know there's a problem you need to sort it. I complain to you, you complain to iFollow, they complain to whoever else is involved until we reach someone that can actually fix it.

78royal

by 78royal » 20 Aug 2018 10:46

I paid to watch the Bolton game in iFollow. Couldn't hear the commentary either until I switched to headphones. Needs improving

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 21 Aug 2018 03:47

78royal I paid to watch the Bolton game in iFollow. Couldn't hear the commentary either until I switched to headphones. Needs improving

I had headphones on, could barely hear Tim, and Mick was better but still too quiet. Last season they seemed to have the options there to choose between home, away and off although they were all the same crowd noise. They need to have the option for ambient or commentary, not both together. You can hear the crowd noise through the commentary, don't need in there twice!

3140 posts