McShane

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Delboy

McShane

by Delboy » 23 Aug 2018 08:14

Cost us a point against Bolton , 2points last night, if Ilori not fit need another solution , he is not up to championship level any more

Dennis the Butler
Location: Wallowing in the Premiership glory ... oh bollox !!

Re: McShane

by Dennis the Butler » 23 Aug 2018 10:05

Would rather we recall Andressen or play O'Shea than suffer McShane any longer !!

bagman

by bagman » 23 Aug 2018 10:50

At fault with Forest goal, and in build up to 2nd Derby goal. Time is well up !!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 23 Aug 2018 11:08

Have to admit the evidence is pretty strong against McShane but he isn't the cause of all our woes......There are players who equally should share the blame.....and the Manager!!!!!! Players like Kelly who cant even take a simple corner, or turn in 20 yards of space and put his foot on the ball and look up as the whole move breaks down.......Aluko, who looks so lightweight now you wonder just what the hell we are gonna do with him, and the list goes on.........I hate blaming one player. And just for the record the Forest goal was as a result of a brilliant ball on the turn and over the top, with a fantastically timed run on the end of it. Im starting to wonder whether we are so now so starved of wins that we will turn on anyone. As for McShane, yeah he probably isn't good enough and isn't first choice now, but whos fault is that when the warning signs were there.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 23 Aug 2018 12:15

of course he isn't the cause of all our woes, but has been directly responsible for the last 3 goals against us. The 2 against Blackburn were 100% his fault and were completely unnecessary challenges.

The other players yesterday basically did their job. No one was spectacularly good, but they were doing what was asked of them.

And yeah I do blame PC very much for picking him in the first place. It cost us the game against bolton imo, and sent out a poor message to the rest of the side in dropping Ilori who had done nothing to warrant it

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 23 Aug 2018 12:17

Has he not made a half hearted Twitter apology yet?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 23 Aug 2018 19:58

To be fair to McShane he has been a good servant to the club the last few seasons but it does look as though he should be no more than back up this season. I really do not understand why Illori was dropped initially and he is now "injured" (whether conveniently or really who knows). Maybe time for O'Shea to step up (but not holding my breath).

As for Kelly his set pieces were tremendous when I watched him at U23 level and also when he first made the first team. I just think that many of the players had their confidence shot last season and this situation will not improve until they start winning a few games. Sadly that might well be in League 1.

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1