CONFIRMED - Yakou Meite

234 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: CONFIRMED - Yakou Meite

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Mar 2018 10:02

Hound
Old Man Andrews
Hound Had beefs everywhere else this week so why not?

Anyway did notice it as well and fair play to the lad. Hopefully come back here next year, reckon there’s a handy player there

He just needs to stay off his phone and snapchat and concentrate on the football. You can see why Stam didn't fancy him.

yeah fair point. Hopefully will have grown up a bit this year

There is definitely a player there. He is doing very well where he is though, wouldn't shock me to see them make a bid.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 26 Mar 2018 10:15

An in-form Meite and Barrow on either side of a good striker. Just imagine that.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Mar 2018 10:31

genome An in-form Meite and Barrow on either side of a good striker. Just imagine that.

What does a good striker look like?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 26 Mar 2018 10:32

Old Man Andrews
Hound
Old Man Andrews
He just needs to stay off his phone and snapchat and concentrate on the football. You can see why Stam didn't fancy him.

There is definitely a player there. He is doing very well where he is though, wouldn't shock me to see them make a bid.

French second division clubs rather famously don't spend a lot of money though right? Someone is probably eyeing him up right now though.. maybe we can send them Mendes and hope they don't notice.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 26 Mar 2018 10:34

NewCorkSeth
Old Man Andrews
Hound

French second division clubs rather famously don't spend a lot of money though right? Someone is probably eyeing him up right now though.. maybe we can send them Mendes and hope they don't notice.

Not to my knowledge but I guess it depends how much Reading/Clement rate him. If they don't rate Meite then they will offload at a cheap price. I hope not because I think there is something to work with there.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Mar 2018 10:47

NewCorkSeth
genome An in-form Meite and Barrow on either side of a good striker. Just imagine that.

What does a good striker look like?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 03 Oct 2018 16:38

Well, he's got a new 4 year deal. Preparing for life in L1? Or is there a championship-quality striker in there somewhere?

https://twitter.com/ReadingFC/status/10 ... 7998180352

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 03 Oct 2018 16:40

Unbelievable. The bloke is utter dross. Like an Asaba pt. II. No one even knows where he plays!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Oct 2018 16:41

Is this a joke?? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 16:45

4 years?

Just don’t learn do we?

Would have been fairly happy if he had been given an extra year + a one year option on top on our side. Ie like normal clubs do

There is potential there but not really more at the moment

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Oct 2018 16:48

Fcuking hell. The ball just bounces off him. Who was the tall, lanky academy striker who played two or three times under Adkins/Clarke and then left? Meite reminds me of him. He just looks completely lost, 98% of the time.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Oct 2018 16:50

Rowan Liburd. He reminds me of Rowan Liburd. He looks like he should be really good at doing football. But he isn't.

He comes on and the defenders think 'fcuk, this guy is good, we're going to get minced'. But it turns out he's made of custard and can't even control the ball.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 03 Oct 2018 16:55

Is it April 1st at this club????? Jeez I cannot believe what is going on at this club now. A four year deal for an utter donkey??? Staggered, simply staggered. So this means his form, (Ha, what form?!?), will now drop off to zero, a la Moore, Swift et al.

All I can say is the Chinese must have a a huge wad of cash they are trying to get out of China before exchange controls really start to bite. Either that or they have a massive tax bill coming and are trying to generate losses to bring the bill down. Either way, a 4 year contract for a turd of a "player" is rabid nonsense.

So we have Swift and Meite on 4 years deals, Moore on 5 years, who else? Frankly I've forgotten. Bet Sir John is apoplectic - and thanking his lucky stars his financial commitment to the current RFC is zero.

Utter bonkers. Shifting all the dead wood out of here is now going to be nigh on impossible.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 03 Oct 2018 16:57

"Custard" :D :D :D

mambo3

by mambo3 » 03 Oct 2018 16:57

Sanguine Fcuking hell. The ball just bounces off him. Who was the tall, lanky academy striker who played two or three times under Adkins/Clarke and then left? Meite reminds me of him. He just looks completely lost, 98% of the time.

You know oxf*rd all about strikers, in fact i thought he had a better game then the strikers we spent millions on either on loan or bought.

If he was as good as you would like him to be he would not be wrecking his career by playing for us, you mog!!

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Oct 2018 16:59

mambo3
Sanguine Fcuking hell. The ball just bounces off him. Who was the tall, lanky academy striker who played two or three times under Adkins/Clarke and then left? Meite reminds me of him. He just looks completely lost, 98% of the time.

You know oxf*rd all about strikers, in fact i thought he had a better game then the strikers we spent millions on either on loan or bought.

If he was as good as you would like him to be he would not be wrecking his career by playing for us, you mog!!

Seems I outed a child.

He wins little in the air, struggles to hold the ball up, and for someone who isn't an out-and-out goalscorer, doesn't move between the lines as much as he should.
Last edited by Sanguine on 03 Oct 2018 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2018 17:00

Sanguine Rowan Liburd. He reminds me of Rowan Liburd. He looks like he should be really good at doing football. But he isn't.

He comes on and the defenders think 'fcuk, this guy is good, we're going to get minced'. But it turns out he's made of custard and can't even control the ball.

Who? Seriously who is Rowan Liburd? He actually played for us? In like the league?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 03 Oct 2018 17:03

NewCorkSeth Who? Seriously who is Rowan Liburd? He actually played for us? In like the league?

Couple of sub appearances in the league, and I think he started a cup tie.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Oct 2018 17:06

He is ok. Great attitude, works hard. He might improve and become a dangerous player, or just not progress and continue to be an L1/L2 striker

Either way, 4 years is ridiculous

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Oct 2018 17:09

Sanguine
NewCorkSeth Who? Seriously who is Rowan Liburd? He actually played for us? In like the league?

Couple of sub appearances in the league, and I think he started a cup tie.

Spin off thread - That guy played for us?

234 posts