Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Solutions to problems (instead of moaning)

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Oct 2018 23:14

RoyalBlue
russyb instead of moaning that we gave Meite a 4 year contract , get the coaches to work with him on ball retention and trapping the ball a bit better. In fact this should be basic stuff with all the players.

So being able to consistently hit the target when shooting isn't important? :wink:

All we need to do is train all our players to be really good at football and we'll be ok.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Oct 2018 10:44

Maybe a team bonding session will help get the team playing better together ?

Lose any hangers on moping around unhappy about not being selected - If they're not going to feature in the first team squad just pay up their contract/get them out on loan somewhere.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 12 Oct 2018 11:57

Forbury Lion Maybe a team bonding session will help get the team playing better together ?

Lose any hangers on moping around unhappy about not being selected - If they're not going to feature in the first team squad just pay up their contract/get them out on loan somewhere.

Maybe David Meyler could host a FIFA tournament round his. Tenners in.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 12 Oct 2018 16:49

Our best and probably only solution (unless Alukho and Barrow suddenly turn it round); is the system used against Hull.

That is with Baldock and Sims running themselves into the ground for an hour-before releasing Barrow.

Bodvarson through the middle-I would have had a melt down if he played against France (hats off to Iceland on that result), and he had better not be involved in next weeks international.WE need him fully fit.

Not sure about O Shea at CB-great in the air, good organiser, good passer; but if he is caught one on one ?

I would use Swift rather than Kelly-and bring on Pelle or even Meyler ; once Swifty hits the brick wall-which he did after 50 minutes against West Brom.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Oct 2018 16:51

Westwood52 Our best and probably only solution (unless Alukho and Barrow suddenly turn it round); is the system used against Hull.

That is with Baldock and Sims running themselves into the ground for an hour-before releasing Barrow.

Bodvarson through the middle-I would have had a melt down if he played against France (hats off to Iceland on that result), and he had better not be involved in next weeks international.WE need him fully fit.

Not sure about O Shea at CB-great in the air, good organiser, good passer; but if he is caught one on one ?

I would use Swift rather than Kelly-and bring on Pelle or even Meyler ; once Swifty hits the brick wall-which he did after 50 minutes against West Brom.

yeah that pretty much. Not sure on O Shea either. It worked vs Hull, but not convinced its a long term strategy

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Oct 2018 18:40

This afternoon I watched the youtube video of our record breaking 106 season, (all 2 hours 50 minutes of it) and it`s easy to forget the brilliant wingers we had then in Little Convey and Stephen Hunt. of course they had Murty and Shorey to link up with them, not ashamed to say it made me emotional where we are now compared to that side.
Now we have Barrow and Aluko who wound`t have made the bench in that side. until we get something near to that calibre it will be a struggle.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 Oct 2018 03:29

windermereROYAL This afternoon I watched the youtube video of our record breaking 106 season, (all 2 hours 50 minutes of it) and it`s easy to forget the brilliant wingers we had then in Little Convey and Stephen Hunt. of course they had Murty and Shorey to link up with them, not ashamed to say it made me emotional where we are now compared to that side.
Now we have Barrow and Aluko who wound`t have made the bench in that side. until we get something near to that calibre it will be a struggle.

Convey, Shorey and Doyle used to operate really well on the left...lot of neat triangles

Cape Town Royal

by Cape Town Royal » 13 Oct 2018 06:25

windermereROYAL This afternoon I watched the youtube video of our record breaking 106 season, (all 2 hours 50 minutes of it) and it`s easy to forget the brilliant wingers we had then in Little Convey and Stephen Hunt. of course they had Murty and Shorey to link up with them, not ashamed to say it made me emotional where we are now compared to that side.

Stephen Hunt?? In the 106 season I'll raise you with Glen Little.. he was brilliant for us that season. The goal at Plymouth is one of my all time favourite Reading goals! Class player!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 13 Oct 2018 07:07

Cape Town Royal

Stephen Hunt?? In the 106 season I'll raise you with Glen Little.. he was brilliant for us that season. The goal at Plymouth is one of my all time favourite Reading goals! Class player!

I said Little Convey which was meant as Little and Convey, missed out a comma, but agree with you.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 Oct 2018 09:39

windermereROYAL
Cape Town Royal

I said Little Convey which was meant as Little and Convey, missed out a comma, but agree with you.
Little v Millwall, If any of the current team got the ball most would pass it backwards immediately, the others might get luckly and run forward with it before panicking and crossing it into the empty box.

The 106 team had self belief (Good management there) and were not afraid to go forwards.

Lydia Dustbin

by Lydia Dustbin » 17 Oct 2018 19:24

Forbury Lion [q
The 106 team had self belief (Good management there) and were not afraid to go forwards.

Hi frobby loin also if we are losing we we’d still win

Since 1964

The problem seems simple to me!

by Since 1964 » 19 Oct 2018 18:50

russyb instead of moaning that we gave Meite a 4 year contract , get the coaches to work with him on ball retention and trapping the ball a bit better. In fact this should be basic stuff with all the players.

If someones weakness is taking a corner, get them to take 20 a training session, work on the shape and delivery.

look at zonal marking at corners , is this the right way to defend?

if someone is not good at taking on a player (Aluko, not moaning honest) work on them have them do several different runs at a defender

to me it seems simple to iron out some of these issues, boost a players skill and confidence which leads to better performances.

Clement to look at himself, is he really delivering the half time team talk correctly? if the same mistakes happen after half time everytime. Is there something different the players feel or see that makes them cave in. i don't actually doubt his coaching level but i think he personally perhaps needs to think about his managerial skill, how can improve in his delivery on that side?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: The problem seems simple to me!

by Lower West » 20 Oct 2018 14:14

Since 1964
Clement to look at himself,

Same group of players has delivered similar performances for a long time.