MATCHWATCH : Bracknell Town (a) sponsored by local derby fun

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

MATCHWATCH : Bracknell Town (a) sponsored by local derby fun

by Sutekh » 27 Oct 2018 18:54

When Tuesday 27th November 2018, 7.45pm
Where Larges Lane, Bracknell
Capacity Yes
What will I see in the area Lots of pretend Reading fans who used to go up the big ‘smoke’ when Liverpool or United were in town plus an ever growing band of regulars who have given up on the utter cobblers that has been served by Reading up for the last 3/4 years.

Well this is going to be the big game for Reading with local pride at stake as well as a possible trip to the next round of the Bed & Breakfast Senior Trophy.

Expecting to see a few changes for this one with at least 11 alterations being the order of the day. And that is probably the right thing to do as you’d expect the club to at least offer some resistance and fight rather than the standard dross that’s served up in the league.

Bracknell are a bright, lively and very attack minded side who, this season, are used to destroying league opposition fairly regularly as last week’s visitor’s Egham found out in conceding 7 goals. Add to that the fact that Bracknell came within a gnat’s grollock of beating higher division Bognor Regis in the Trophy on Saturday conceding only a last minute equaliser.

Bracknell is now also packed full of eateries and drinkeries and as the ground is only about 10 minutes walk from the town centre it’s better that going to watch Reading in all aspects. Also the game will be on whatever the weather (OK perhaps not if there is monsoon levels of rain or 6 foot of snow leading up to kick off) as The Lane is now a 3G plastic pitch unlike the old days where it only took s9meone to burst into tears for games to be in jeopardy.

Referee

Is not David Coote

History

Couple of 2-0 wins only I think. One in the same competition and one in a friendly (think that game may have been Michael Gilkes first game in a Reading shirt). Both games were at Larges Lane in the 1980s

How to follow the game

You have to go. Don’t think the game has even registered with BBC Berks let alone Tim and Mick and doubt they’ll even bother mentioning it even with a regular Tuesday night sport programme now in their schedules
Last edited by Sutekh on 31 Oct 2018 17:40, edited 3 times in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Bracknell Town (a) sponsored by local derby fun

by NewCorkSeth » 27 Oct 2018 18:56

OMA will be furious.

Wait. I'm also furious. This badge changing is killing me.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2018 19:02

More furious now the game has been CANCELLED.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 27 Oct 2018 20:09

Old Man Andrews More furious now the game has been CANCELLED.

???

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 27 Oct 2018 20:17

Kulshaw72RFC

???

What?

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 27 Oct 2018 20:19

Old Man Andrews
Kulshaw72RFC

???

What?

Why?

The Cube

by The Cube » 27 Oct 2018 20:24

Bracknell drew in the FA Trophy today, and replay is Tuesday. Info from Bracknell's Twitter.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 27 Oct 2018 20:26

The Cube Bracknell drew in the FA Trophy today, and replay is Tuesday. Info from Bracknell's Twitter.

Damn these competitions that still play replays the proper way rather than waiting 10 days. Have to resurrect this thread in a week or two now. Might have a new manager then as well.....

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 30 Oct 2018 08:49

Sutekh
The Cube Bracknell drew in the FA Trophy today, and replay is Tuesday. Info from Bracknell's Twitter.

Damn these competitions that still play replays the proper way rather than waiting 10 days. Have to resurrect this thread in a week or two now. Might have a new manager then as well.....

Why, is Scott Marshall about to be sacked then? This is an u23 competition for us...as I imagine it is for all the league teams involved.

And to think we rested players on Saturday with this game in mind! (I'm assuming that was the thinking anyway).

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 30 Oct 2018 18:47

FIXTURE UPDATE | Our @BerksBucksFA Senior Cup 2nd round tie against @ReadingFC has been rescheduled for Tuesday 27th November, 7:45pm kick off.
https://twitter.com/BracknellTownFC/sta ... 4622578688

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 30 Oct 2018 19:25

I'm completely torn on who to support in this one. I have links to both clubs.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Oct 2018 09:36

Old Man Andrews I'm completely torn on who to support in this one. I have links to both clubs.

Is there any way to buy a ticket in advance?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 31 Oct 2018 09:38

John Smith
Old Man Andrews I'm completely torn on who to support in this one. I have links to both clubs.

I was there last week to pick one up from the office. Was told they had shifted all the pre-sales but there will be loads available on the night.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 31 Oct 2018 09:40

Old Man Andrews
John Smith

I was there last week to pick one up from the office. Was told they had shifted all the pre-sales but there will be loads available on the night.

Better be. I'm not wasting money on all those pyros to get turned away

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 31 Oct 2018 16:03

tmesis FIXTURE UPDATE | Our @BerksBucksFA Senior Cup 2nd round tie against @ReadingFC has been rescheduled for Tuesday 27th November, 7:45pm kick off.

How elongated is this competition that they can afford to reschedule for a month's time?

Although this does remind of the days of endless cup replays, where two teams would be playing a 'third round, third replay' on the day of fifth round ties.

Kulshaw72RFC

by Kulshaw72RFC » 31 Oct 2018 18:10

Sanguine
tmesis FIXTURE UPDATE | Our @BerksBucksFA Senior Cup 2nd round tie against @ReadingFC has been rescheduled for Tuesday 27th November, 7:45pm kick off.

How elongated is this competition that they can afford to reschedule for a month's time?

Although this does remind of the days of endless cup replays, where two teams would be playing a 'third round, third replay' on the day of fifth round ties.

I particularly like Alvechurch v Oxford '71 which needed 5 replays.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 01 Nov 2018 19:01

Kulshaw72RFC
Sanguine

I particularly didn't like the three replays Reading needed to beat Welling circa 1990. Two of them were 0-0 draws, and I also managed to miss both goals of the first replay by not managing to get to Welling's ground for the replay until half-time - at which point the gates were locked and I had to find a way of getting in.

I heard both goals.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Nov 2018 09:20

tmesis
Kulshaw72RFC
Sanguine

I particularly didn't like the three replays Reading needed to beat Welling circa 1990. Two of them were 0-0 draws, and I also managed to miss both goals of the first replay by not managing to get to Welling's ground for the replay until half-time - at which point the gates were locked and I had to find a way of getting in.

I heard both goals.

Wasn't that also the same year Reading needed 3/4 games to dispose of Bristol Rovers?

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 Nov 2018 12:29

Sutekh
tmesis
Kulshaw72RFC

I heard both goals.

Wasn't that also the same year Reading needed 3/4 games to dispose of Bristol Rovers?

Yes (two replays) and also went out out Newcastle in the 4th round, after a replay.

In all, we played 10 games and only got to the 4th round.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2018 14:41

Sanguine

I note that the rearranged game is now the same night the first team are getting a probable gubbing at Elland Road while also live on SKY.

Strange choice ahead : watch Reading or go and watch Reading