BFTG Sheffield

118 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

BFTG Sheffield

by URZZZZ » 08 Dec 2018 19:49

Embarassing. Spineless. Gutless. I totally see why Clement was sacked after that

Ratings

Jaakkola - did nothing wrong 6

Yiadom - best attacking player we had but terrible defending for the first goal, you can see why Barnsley were relegated if he was their best player 5
Ilori - he really is awful. Another second for us would be too soon, bring back McShane until January and then bring in two new cb's 3
Blackett - pick of the bunch, -1 for that pass though 7
Gunter - also played well, no doubt he'll still be the reason we lost 7

Bacuna - played well first half, and then so bad in the second half. He's too inconsistent 5
Rinomhota - read Bacuna
Sims - an absolute joke, needs to be sent back to Southampton and quickly 3
McCleary - not a LM, didn't do an awful lot 4

Loader - I'm sorry but he was garbage, Marshall wouldn't dare take off his academy product though :roll: Should be given opportunities off the bench until he's ready 3
McNulty - N/A, I actually would be shocked if he touched the ball more than 10 times, a shame because he's actually an intelligent player

Subs:
Barrow - played just like Sims, gave the ball away and didn't get close enough to his man for the first goal 3
Baldock - played just like McNulty, it wasn't like that was predictable or anything. To top it off, he heads it into his own goal N/A
Aluko - why

If you go through every championship team, you'll notice most teams have a certain style, whether that be possession, playing on the counter or going more direct. What is our style?
Counter - no, our team are painfully slow on the counter attack
Direct - no, because none of our front 6 were over 6 foot
Possession - no, because we always seem to have less possession than our opponents

What actually is our style? There's nothing to our team, there's no identity, Clement was slowly beginning to build one, and there we go and sack him.

One more point, why are our players incapable of passing the ball in front of another when they have space to run onto the ball. Ilori is the worst culprit for just passing to someone's feet when they have yards ahead of them to run onto it. I don't understand how it's that difficult, it kills all the momentum we've built up and it always reverts to us passing back to our defenders

An utter disgrace of a performance

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Sheffield

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Dec 2018 20:05

Didn’t take long for Marshall to lose the dressing room. Utterly witless display, odd selections, normal service in fact.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 08 Dec 2018 20:12

Norfolk Royal Didn’t take long for Marshall to lose the dressing room. Utterly witless display, odd selections, normal service in fact.

I think it's fair to say that Pep Guardiola would have a job to lift this side. Their confidence is shot to pieces. Scott Marshall was on a hiding to nothing. If the club can afford to pay compensation to Paul Clement, it should be possible to pay a few players' off. What are the guidelines on this?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 08 Dec 2018 20:13

You know how bad you are when Gunter is man of the match.

Rinomhota and Loader the only ones who wanted to run at people and put themselves about a bit.

Poundland Varane an absolute joke for the second game running. Far too complacent and thinks he's better than he is. What was Blackett doing for that corner? We need a leader at centre back not players who fancy themselves as ball players but can't string more than three passes together.

No creativity whatsoever from the wings. Neither McCleary or Sims took people on and the same with Barrow when he came on.

Just shit.

Oh and Adie Williams can sod off with all that Craig David shit as well.
Last edited by sandman on 08 Dec 2018 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Dec 2018 20:13

Not helped by the cretinous injury list. All target options out. 3 of 4 recognised centre backs crocked. Probably the best midfielder injured.

Though compounded by hopeless team selection. Two right wingers to go with two right backs. Failing to play most experienced strikers available.

Rotherham away next followed by Middlesbrough. Honestly can’t see more than a point at best from that and that’ll be hard enough as with the current defence it’ll mean having to get at least one shot on target to get anything.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 08 Dec 2018 20:16

Second half in particular was pathetic and I just don’t think we are as fit as we should be.

Some of the passing, awful, movement awful, and desire to win non existent. If we don’t get the right manager and team, we are going down, and sadly absolutely deserve to. Just saw on Sky points gained since August 2017, only Bolton have a lower total, and other than the weird Stam playoff season where most people thought we were lucky, haven’t managed a single season greater than 50 odd point scoring in the last five.

Dave Kitson was one of the sky pundits, thinks we will go down unless the right manager with championship experience comes in. I agree.
Last edited by Bristol Paul on 08 Dec 2018 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Dec 2018 20:22

Bristol Paul Second half in particular was pathetic and I just don’t think we are as fit as we should be.

Some of ththe passing, awful, movement awful, and desire to win non existent. If we don’t get the right manager and team, we are going down, and sadly absolutely deserve to. Just saw on Sky points gained since August 2017, only Bolton have a lower total, and other than the weird Stam playoff season where most people thought we were lucky, have managed a single season greater than 50 odd point scoring in the last five.

Dave Kitson was one of th sky pundits, thinks we will go down unless the right manager with championship experience comes in. I agree.

Yes, Kitson pretty much nailed it. He correctly noted that most successful teams in the championship are aggressive, hard working, and utilise quick, short passing. None of the things that Reading do, he noted.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 08 Dec 2018 20:24

The first half wasn't bad at all, I thought we looked the better team for a lot of if just crying out for some quality up front. You can't sling crosses in against sheffield United to mark McNulty!

2nd half was awful, they made a tactical change and we had absolutely no answer, then most of the players drop their heads and one goal brings two, no surprise.

I like the look of Rinhomota and I thought Loader did ok. Looking forward to seeing a Bod/Loader or Meite/Loader combo. Put a decent target man to take the pressure off Loader and give him space and we have a winner there. Certainly better than Baldock imo.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 08 Dec 2018 20:38

Marshall out!!!

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 08 Dec 2018 20:40

Ian IN!

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 08 Dec 2018 20:51

AthleticoSpizz Ian IN!

+1

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 08 Dec 2018 20:59

Didn't see or listen to the game - but ZERO shots on target?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Dec 2018 21:02

Once again we didn't have a shot on target ,we were playing at home and a team that should be battling to get out of the bottom 3.
They gave us a chance by not starting their best creative player Duffy and of course there is always Billy Sharp.

Watching Norwood it made me wonder why we didn't renew his contract but did so for nearly every other player regardless of their age or ability.
Regardless of who comes in as manager, it's going to be a hard slog and we need them all to step up to the plate but will they?

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 08 Dec 2018 21:04

In many ways I thought that our worst performance I have seen this season. We carried zero goal threat for 90 mins yet we supposed to be a goal scoring team. With the lack of organisation in our error prone back 5; we have to score goals-yet today there was absolutely nothing-zilch/nul points/blank, going forward.

As for Marshall-true he has been away with the stiffs, and had no time to put anything together; but that was a very strange selection-4-2-4 with Sims and Loader trying to learn what is required at this level-plus McNulty , who so far has not displayed any indication that he can perform at this level (yet he has started the last three games).

Bizarrely, despite the horrible performance ; apart from Sims (with the qualification that Loader and McNulty were passengers)-nobody had an absolute horror show (unlike Swift/Kelly/Gunts at Leeds).

IMHO:

Jakkola 5: One very good save and a couple of kicking horrors.

Yiadom 5: Just isn't fit enough, and offered little going forward.
Gunts 6: Got back to his usual fair performance; but with the proviso that he is playing out of position, offered very little going forward, on his weaker left foot.

Ilori 3: He usually puts in a solid performance after a couple of howlers-but today, defensively he was just a liability.
Tyler 6: As our only player who can be relied upon to head a ball in our box; was the second partly his fault ?He also gave one terrible back pass to Jakkola. That aside he was Ok, and obviously has a peach of a left peg.

Rino 6: Worked extremely hard-but there were a few technical errors, which his various coaches , should have ironed out by now. But he has to be a starter, as there is no one else.

Bacuna 6: Probably my MOM. Tried to be the team fulcrum and took on a lot of responsibility-but he is a runner , rather than an intuitive passer. The mid field blend is just all wrong.

Loader 4: Should have never have started-completely non existent 1st half, defensively naïve and all he had to show for his game was one driving run.

McNulty 0 : Did absolutely nothing. You cannot have two passengers in this League. Everyone has to be effective.

Sims 0: Just awful. Like Loader, why ask a young lad, trying to learn the game; to drag us out of this mess.

Macca 3: Apart from a couple of headers, did nothing. Never threatening.

Barrow: Did nothing, but as our most dangerous player had to start.
Baldock: Did nothing.
Aluko: When they got their 1st, and he was brought on, it was a Hail Mary moment by Marshall and I really did hope he was going to save us-then goal number two went in and that was it.

Ref: We have had a lot worse.

The Blades: Very limited-little quality-but every one worked their socks off and they are extremly well drilled. Given the amount of work they put in, I thought they would tire, but they just never did.

While I appreciate, we need the right decision on a new Manager-will Wednesday or Thursday be too late ?

WE badly need 3 points at Rotherham.

Millicent

by Millicent » 08 Dec 2018 21:09

Westwood52
Sims 0: Just awful. Like Loader, why ask a young lad, trying to learn the game; to drag us out of this mess.

Folk have been screaming for Clement to start Sims. But yeah, agree he was shit

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 08 Dec 2018 21:12

TBF I expected this result, I was more concerned about the complete abiviiance that fans might want to go to the Jazz at half time, but not really expecting that they would be threaten by tangos that they should leave because the game had started, great way to get the fans onside with this shit show shambles of a club and a lesson in how NOT to handle people. Having queued up to pay £5 for a pint you are suddenly threaten by people because you had the temerity to be there when they had a more profitable event to handle.

You have alienated fans in preference to some event, we can all see where your priorities are.

As a fan of 20 years oxf*rd YOU RFC!

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Dec 2018 21:16

Only saw bits and pieces and we looked very flat, half empty ground and inevitable we’d lose

The sacking of PC sits even less well with me after that tbh. Thought we were turning a corner and that seems to be very much back to square 1

We look pretty awful without either Meite or Bod and imperative they get back for the next game

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Dec 2018 21:16

Marshall got the team all wrong, and we saw a totally lacklustre and idealess side. Clement was slowly building towards something and the club is once again leaderless, bereft of direction and looks totally gut punched. And if Howe's going to start cosying up to Joorabchian again, I'd rather he hadn't come back.

Should have been:

...................Jaakkola
..Yiadom, Ilori, Blackett, Gunter
............Rinomhota, Kelly
McCleary, Bacuna, Baldock
..................McNulty

Baldock gives us energy, directness and has at least scored a few... plus he'll have a decent idea how to link up with McNulty. McCleary should play on the right and we have to play three proper midfielders to screen that bare bones defence and because Bacuna wanders all over the place and is utter mince every third game. Loader simply isn't ready to start regularly... he's got something, but the last couple of games he seems to have ambled around looking lost and having no effect on the game. How he stayed on the pitch for the entire 90 I'm not really sure. When he does play, he should play wider where he can use his pace and the positioning is simpler.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 08 Dec 2018 21:18

PieEater TBF I expected this result, I was more concerned about the complete abiviiance that fans might want to go to the Jazz at half time, but not really expecting that they would be threaten by tangos that they should leave because the game had started, great way to get the fans onside with this shit show shambles of a club and a lesson in how NOT to handle people. Having queued up to pay £5 for a pint you are suddenly threaten by people because you had the temerity to be there when they had a more profitable event to handle.

You have alienated fans in preference to some event, we can all see where your priorities are.

As a fan of 20 years oxf*rd YOU RFC!

What is this about?

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 08 Dec 2018 21:21

Oh for a creative midfield player who can, calmly, pick out a pass and deliver it right to the perfect place. You know, a bit like Ollie Norwood. What if we had a player like that in our team.... oh, wait .......

118 posts