BFTG Rotherham

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

BFTG Rotherham

by Kitsondinho » 15 Dec 2018 18:06

That was possibly the most frustrating game I’ve been to this season. First half we were miles better than Rotherham. We deserved to be ahead. Swift was at his imperious best and Baldock took his goal really well.

2nd half......just......it was coming....I really can’t be bothered to pull it apart. The bottom line is, we threw two points away through our own ineptitude once again. We are in serious trouble.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG Rotherham

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Dec 2018 18:38

The first half can be summed up by the oft repeated phrase by the commentators "his touch let him down there". We counter attacked very, very well and then the ball got out to Sims and... back on defense.

The second half was a classic Clement. Suffering for 15 minutes while crying out for a substitution and alienating our attackers by allowing the team shape to be abandoned.

Yiadom was good, Jaakkola was good, Swift was good and the rest were varying degrees of 'ok'. Nobody stood out as bad actually (maybe Sims who despite the assist lost the ball half the time and hit the post) and I think the guys were actually let down by Marshall. I think he should have seen the need for a change in response to the domination Rotherham were showing and he really should have seen Sims and McCleary became totally ineffective.

I'm honestly still too furious to finish this right now. Might edit it later.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Dec 2018 18:44

Just seen the highlights. Another very poor goal conceded.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Dec 2018 18:51

That Baldock chance... :shock:

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 15 Dec 2018 19:05

People went?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Dec 2018 19:07

stealthpapes People went?

Obviously.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Dec 2018 19:10

Myself and 432 others !!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Dec 2018 19:12

Just seen a stat, if games finished at HT we would be 7th.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Dec 2018 19:20

windermereROYAL Just seen a stat, if games finished at HT we would be 7th.

Ha, don’t

Certainly sums up our season that

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 Dec 2018 19:23

I thought that Rotherham were poor - and that a Reading team with more confidence would have won the game without too much issue. But it was obvious to me from the start of the second half that we were going to concede; i'm not even that disappointed.

It was an ok trip though - couple of good pubs, I liked the stadium and it's located pretty close to the station. Stupid cold though . . .

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 15 Dec 2018 19:36

Royals and Racers

I can make that another 429, as I went with 2 of my kids.....

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Dec 2018 19:54

Desperately need some wingers, McCleary is past it, Sims can't control the ball (although his ball for the goal was exquisite to be fair), Barrow has a poor attitude and is a bit predictable and Aluko isn't really a winger. Bod, Meite and Baldock are good striking options, midfield has improved recently with Rinomhota and we've also got Ezatolahi to come back. We will get out of this hole, we're a couple of players away from actually becoming a half decent team, they've just got to show it on a more consistent basis!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Dec 2018 20:47

URZZZZ Desperately need some wingers, McCleary is past it, Sims can't control the ball (although his ball for the goal was exquisite to be fair), Barrow has a poor attitude and is a bit predictable and Aluko isn't really a winger. Bod, Meite and Baldock are good striking options, midfield has improved recently with Rinomhota and we've also got Ezatolahi to come back. We will get out of this hole, we're a couple of players away from actually becoming a half decent team, they've just got to show it on a more consistent basis!

oxf*rd the wingers. Play Baldock, Bodvarson and Meite.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Dec 2018 20:53

NewCorkSeth
URZZZZ Desperately need some wingers, McCleary is past it, Sims can't control the ball (although his ball for the goal was exquisite to be fair), Barrow has a poor attitude and is a bit predictable and Aluko isn't really a winger. Bod, Meite and Baldock are good striking options, midfield has improved recently with Rinomhota and we've also got Ezatolahi to come back. We will get out of this hole, we're a couple of players away from actually becoming a half decent team, they've just got to show it on a more consistent basis!

oxf*rd the wingers. Play Baldock, Bodvarson and Meite.

Inclined to agree but firstly whilst I'm no fan of Swift, he does seem to play better with natural wingers, take the Leeds, Stoke and Wigan game where he was atrocious and we played with "forwards" rather than wingers, whereas today he was much better. Also, you need decent attacking fullbacks for this, Gunter isn't good enough offensively, Blackett and Yiadom are average but not enough

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Dec 2018 20:57

windermereROYAL That Baldock chance... :shock:

Unreal wasn't it.....not a player near him......to miss the target by that much. Has to be miss of the season. In a Reading shirt.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 15 Dec 2018 22:12

Bacuna, Mannone and Barrow were on the Sheffield to Reading train tonight that i was on and there was some "pi$$ed up " fans who gave them some unnecessary stick when they arrived on the platform(in my opinion). Dave Edwards was also at the station but might have caught another train.

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 15 Dec 2018 22:17

Bit surprised at some of the negativity TBH. First away game of the season; and yes the goal was soft, yes we needed reinforcements and yes Rotherham weren't the best first half, but compared to pretty much all I've seen this season, I really quite enjoyed the game. Wouldn't give anyone low marks, thought McIntyre had a more than decent debut, looks pretty comfortable on the ball, Sims had his best performance for us and Swift turned up and put on a show. Was the best player on the pitch by a mile, which makes his frequently abject performances so frustrating. Blackett, McCleary, Bacauna and Rhinamota were all good too. Couple with a nice central stadium, a town that looked better than I feared, despite the rain and recession, plus some not bad pubs, it was a pretty decent day.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 15 Dec 2018 22:22

Kitsondinho
Royals and Racers

I can make that another 429, as I went with 2 of my kids.....

You are all oxf*rd HEROS! I wouldn't watch this pile of shit if they we're playing in my back garden! (Er, which isn't the size nor condition of a LCh pitch before you get the wrong impression! In fact it's a weed bed but you get my drift!)

biff

by biff » 15 Dec 2018 22:25

Yeah we were pretty good all told. McCleary well past his best though. If we'dve had Barrow on the field after 70 minutes we'dve won. Sims or McCleary coudlve made way.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Dec 2018 23:24

Did Swift play in an advanced role, i.e. a no 10 ?