by URZZZZ » 28 Dec 2018 17:15

Denver Royal
URZZZZ Mannone
Yiadom, O'Shea, Moore, Gunter
Meyler, Rinomhota
Meite, Edwards, Baldock
Bodvarsson

Jaakkola, Osho, Richards, Kelly, McCleary, Loader, House

Just please no Swift, Barrow, Sims or Loader in the 11, players like the first three are a core problem of what has gone wrong the last couple of seasons

In the case of the first two, not sure I agree.
In any event, irrespective of the past, it's possible for players to improve under a different manager/system, and I'd imagine that's the club's plan/hope.

Naturally, but you can say the same about any player and I'm pretty sure Gunter and Aluko's past won't be forgotten...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Queens Park Rangers sponsored by the Simod Cup started here

by URZZZZ » 28 Dec 2018 17:21

Hound
URZZZZ Mannone
Meyler, Rinomhota
Meite, Edwards, Baldock
Bodvarsson

Just please no Swift, Barrow, Sims or Loader in the 11, players like the first three are a core problem of what has gone wrong the last couple of seasons

Whilst Meyler and Edwards are what’s gone right?

In the past, players like Edwards are what's gone right, hard work and 100% each game. He's got limited footballing ability but I'd rather watch a team of Edwards than a team of John Swift's who stroll around the pitch like they own it. As for Meyler, I've only seen him twice so I can't really form an opinion of him, if he's as bad as people make out, maybe put Kelly in there. Thing is, I've seen everyone saying we can't judge Loader because he's only started 5 games but Meyler has only started 5 as well

I just think instead of rotating the usual culprits who we know aren't good enough, just add in experience. There's a high chance it won't work but at least we'll know they have no role to play in the future and could be sold on. The minimum you can ask for is 100% and I just don't believe Barrow and Swift and Sims offer that as opposed to Edwards

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Dec 2018 17:26

Snowflake Royal
Hound
URZZZZ Mannone
Meyler, Rinomhota
Meite, Edwards, Baldock
Bodvarsson

Whilst Meyler and Edwards are what’s gone right?

Nah they just haven't been active on the pitch for months so benefit from the must be better than the incumbent galaxy school of thought.

Although, i have to say I never thought Edwards was that bad. Not great obvs.

No don’t think he is terrible. But then I don’t really think any of the players are

Edwards was massively disappointing in that thought he would be the kind of leader in midfield that would scrape us a result. Instead the last two things I remember him doing are given away a last min pen and getting sent off after 30 odd mins

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Dec 2018 17:52

Denver Royal
Zip
leon Denver you really are talking bollocks here. Were any of these managers in the running?

Not Denver’s finest moment. I would have loved Potter as our manager. Swansea may be on a poor run but they have an incredibly thin squad thanks to their asset stripping owners.

Never said they were in the running. But, we don't wait to know that before giving opinions on blokes. It didn't stop us discussing them when we started talking about getting a new manager in, say, Jan-Mar. Remember, some wanted Stam out as early as Nov, so obviously we looked at alternatives before knowing who was in the running. (How do you ever really know that for sure anyway? From snippets and rumours in the, er, 'credible' media?) -

As I recall, leon, you yourself wanted someone from the lower leagues. To your knowledge, was he ever seriously considered? So, we looked around, tossed some names out there, saw who was available and/or who we thought was get-able, and gave our opinions, etc. Pretty sure McClaren's name came up. Potter. Monk. Nigel Clough. And a host of others, most of whom were likely never 'in the running'.

Zip, do you recall it differently?

I can recall wanting Potter and would have been happy with Clough. So from my own point of view I cannot agree with your observation. You are still a darling though.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 28 Dec 2018 18:25

This gets better. Apparently Reading are now sweating over the fitness of Liam Moore. Seems he took a kick to his calf at Millwall that was more or less in exactly the same place as the original injury that kept him out recently.

Could be the 2 Irish fellas at the back then; O’Shea and O’Sho

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 28 Dec 2018 19:31

Zip
Denver Royal
Zip Not Denver’s finest moment. I would have loved Potter as our manager. Swansea may be on a poor run but they have an incredibly thin squad thanks to their asset stripping owners.

Never said they were in the running. But, we don't wait to know that before giving opinions on blokes. It didn't stop us discussing them when we started talking about getting a new manager in, say, Jan-Mar. Remember, some wanted Stam out as early as Nov, so obviously we looked at alternatives before knowing who was in the running. (How do you ever really know that for sure anyway? From snippets and rumours in the, er, 'credible' media?) -

As I recall, leon, you yourself wanted someone from the lower leagues. To your knowledge, was he ever seriously considered? So, we looked around, tossed some names out there, saw who was available and/or who we thought was get-able, and gave our opinions, etc. Pretty sure McClaren's name came up. Potter. Monk. Nigel Clough. And a host of others, most of whom were likely never 'in the running'.

Zip, do you recall it differently?

I can recall wanting Potter and would have been happy with Clough. So from my own point of view I cannot agree with your observation. You are still a darling though.

Yeah, I suppose it's how one define's 'in the running'. For example, I recall you wanting Potter, although I don't really know for sure how serious a candidate he was? He was under contract to another club, mid-season, in a foreign country. Did we go over there, seek permission to approach him, give him interviews, and make him an offer, and his club an offer of compensation ?
In the Jan-Mar time frame, I assume/hope we considered several candidates, in the eventuality that they'd have to let Stam go. Anyway, in here we discussed a lot of candidates, and their credentials, whether 'in the running' or not, (prolly most of them not), both before and after Clement was appointed, one of whom we are playing against tomorrow 8)

nevo1970

by nevo1970 » 28 Dec 2018 22:20

3 CB’s (if we have 3 that are fit) , Yiadom & Richards WB, CM Rino, Swift, Kelly (no real other choice), Meite & Bod up top. Need to stiffen up the back and have more than one up front.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 29 Dec 2018 11:47

Hound JLow reckons Moore is a big doubt for the game

Osho and O Shea at the back possibly

If Moore isn’t fit and those two have to play then I really do think we could be in trouble is afternoon

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Dec 2018 13:46

I suspect we will be in big trouble this afternoon whoever plays.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Dec 2018 13:52

Royal Rother I suspect we will be in big trouble this afternoon whoever plays.

Sometimes its when out backs are against the wall we can spring the odd surprise and get the odd point. Then again.....those times are rare.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Dec 2018 14:17

Today’s teams :

QPR: Lumley, Furlong, Bidwell, Freeman, Cousins, Eze, Scowen, Wszolek, Wells, Lynch, Leistner (c).
Subs: Ingram, Hall, Smith, Oteh, Chair, Osayi-Samuel, Kakay.

Reading: Jaakkola, Yiadom, O’Shea, Ilori, Richards, Rinomhota, Swift, Aluko, McCleary (c), Barrow, Meite.
Subs: Mannone, Meyler, Sims, Böðvarsson, Kelly, Loader, Osho.

Illori’s back.

Moore is injured.

Here we go with Aluko again. But for Bacuna ????

Midfield barely exists and will be overrun.

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 29 Dec 2018 14:27

We are oxf*rd. That midfield is a joke.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2018 14:33

Sutekh Today’s teams :

QPR: Lumley, Furlong, Bidwell, Freeman, Cousins, Eze, Scowen, Wszolek, Wells, Lynch, Leistner (c).
Subs: Ingram, Hall, Smith, Oteh, Chair, Osayi-Samuel, Kakay.

Reading: Jaakkola, Yiadom, O’Shea, Ilori, Richards, Rinomhota, Swift, Aluko, McCleary (c), Barrow, Meite.
Subs: Mannone, Meyler, Sims, Böðvarsson, Kelly, Loader, Osho.

Illori’s back.

Moore is injured.

Here we go with Aluko again. But for Bacuna ????

Midfield barely exists and will be overrun.

That midfields weaker than nuns piss

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Dec 2018 14:48

Really needed to stick a Meyler or Edwards into that team despite their lack of recent game time or ability

Looks like a 4-1-4-1. No chance this team will get a result today

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 29 Dec 2018 15:09

Ascotexgunner
Royal Rother I suspect we will be in big trouble this afternoon whoever plays.

Sometimes its when out backs are against the wall we can spring the odd surprise and get the odd point. Then again.....those times are rare.

Agreed.

Clement had a couple of games where, for whatever reasons, he made a number of changes and it worked.

With these changes not only will we not know how we are going to play but nor will Rangers.
Everything crossed.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 29 Dec 2018 15:15

Aluko :shock: :shock: :shock:

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 29 Dec 2018 15:23

Always the way, just as old manager figures out which players are rubbish, new manager comes in and picks them again

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Dec 2018 15:24

I thought there was a chance.....then I saw Aluko. :o

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 29 Dec 2018 15:25

tbf we're a bit bare bones at the mo.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 29 Dec 2018 15:27

Millwall lead against Forest.

133 posts