JOSE GOMES' BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: JOSE GOMES' BARMY ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Ascotexgunner » 06 Jan 2019 16:31

tmesis
Ascotexgunner Loader? Really?
I've seen enough of him quite frankly to see he needs to be shipped out on loan and nowhere near our first team. That one on one decision yesterday to take the extra touch and try and round the keeper and making a real mess of that chance summed up where he is at the minute.

Based on yesterday's game, on par with Rashford? Or does he need to stand on the ball and fall over to achieve that?

Overall though I'd agree. He doesn't quite have it in him yet to play up front on his own, especially with the kind of service he receives from midfield.

Rashford had nothing to prove and we know how good he is. Persisting with a player like Loader who looks like a rabbit in headlights when a chance appears is the last thing we need. We need goals badly. If we were mid table, great, give him a chance, but we arnt.....
Yeah I get the loan thing reservations. Never did Harry Kane any harm.....if he needs games that's the only way he's gonna get the chance.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 17:12

Loader is a boy playing a man's game in a man's league, he needs to go to a nice League 2 side and bang in some goals whilst working on his upper body strength. Get him back here next summer for pre season and then persevere with him at the start of next season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Jan 2019 18:33

I think he could do with a few U23 games to reassert why he got his call up and get a bit more confidence back in front of goal.

I've not seen a confident clean strike from him yet, but he's had at least four or five chances to test a keeper better than he's managed over his appearances for us.

Lovely first touch on him though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2019 19:06

Remind me, that was Manchester United that he failed to score against yesterday.

:roll:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 06 Jan 2019 19:14

Gomes demeanour and the manner he conducts himself looks promising. I thought his recent post match interviews were a revelation. I interpreted the interview after the Swansea debacle was " I'd like to get rid of most of this sh*t squad and work with my own players but I can't so I'm stuck with them"

If we do go down it won't be his fault, but yesterdays game at Man U shows we do possess players that can play.

Forest Saturday will be a massive test, as will every game from now on , but I sense a tiny bit of hope returning to our club, particularly now all the sponging, useless, money grabbing senior management like that t*sser Gourlay have gone.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 19:21

AthleticoSpizz Remind me, that was Manchester United that he failed to score against yesterday.

Makes zero difference. He had a clear chance in front of him and he failed to even strike the ball let alone anything else. You'd know that if you actually watched the game, clearly you didn't if you're defending Loader's poor display.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2019 19:49

AthleticoSpizz Remind me, that was Manchester United that he failed to score against yesterday.

Yep. The Manchester United with Sergio "96 caps for Argentina, World Cup runner up and Olympic gold medallist" Romero in goal.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 06 Jan 2019 20:19

leon
Snowflake Royal I like him. His comments about trimming the squad are bang on and he's started using Aluko and Swift better than Clement did.

That's as much as I'll say if you're looking for positives.

Clement was an appalling manager. The players hated him, apparently, and his stats are beyond shit. As in worst RFC manager ever. Possibly.

I’m sure you’ll check and report back. If I’m wrong.

It really was a shit show.anyway.

Interesting.

I was in the Clement Out crowd, but I never got the sense the players hated him (Barrow's baggage aside). I'm not disputing what you have heard/read, I just find it intriguing. Came across as a nice chap. What suggests he was hated by players?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2019 20:23

Old Man Andrews

Makes zero difference. He had a clear chance in front of him and he failed to even strike the ball let alone anything else. You'd know that if you actually watched the game, clearly you didn't if you're defending Loader's poor display.
lol, don’t need to keep embarrassing yourself OMA...it’s 2019

Defending nothing, an 18 year old playing at OT in front of 73+k ....and maybe nobody else has ever spunked their chances there either..... :|
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 06 Jan 2019 20:28, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2019 20:26

Don't know whether the players "hated" him. Although as I've always said, they loved Stam and it didn't do him much good.

I did hear from someone who knows quite a few people in local football circles, including several current and former RFC staff members, that Clement was popular behind the scenes with the club staff.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 20:28

AthleticoSpizz
Old Man Andrews

lol, don’t need to keep embarrassing yourself OMA...it’s 2019

You clearly didn't watch the game if you're disagreeing with me. That or you know nothing about football or what it takes for someone to be a top level footballer.

I already knew that though.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2019 20:29

Yes , whatevs :roll:

(are you bored of Ian Royal bareing his arse to you already?)

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 20:36

AthleticoSpizz Yes , whatevs :roll:

So you don't believe Danny Loader didn't have a clear opportunity to score and completely bottled it because he is nowhere near ready for top level football?

That is proof you don't know about football.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2019 20:43

You saddo

All I know is that he missed an opportunity at OT , like many else have...and yes, I know FA about football despite watching the first black player back in the day at EP (purely as a timeline)..get back to your Ian Royal baiting ‘m8’ ....no contest

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 20:46

AthleticoSpizz You saddo

All I know is that he missed an opportunity at OT , like many else have...and yes, I know FA about football despite watching the first black back in the day player at EP...get back to your Ian Royal baiting ‘m8’ ....no contest

You clearly don't because you just said he missed. He didn't miss, he didn't even shoot because he's not the level.

Just because you're an old man it doesn't mean you know anything. Your opinions on footballing matters are at best laughable.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Jan 2019 20:48

Ok, I bow to your superior knowledge (although once again, you sound a little like DD here with your hysterics)

Keep up your good work...you’re great

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 06 Jan 2019 21:32

Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz Yes , whatevs :roll:

So you don't believe Danny Loader didn't have a clear opportunity to score and completely bottled it because he is nowhere near ready for top level football?

That is proof you don't know about football.

Explain Rashford falling onto his backside then. Rather than controlling the ball. 8)

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Jan 2019 21:39

Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz You saddo

All I know is that he missed an opportunity at OT , like many else have...and yes, I know FA about football despite watching the first black back in the day player at EP...get back to your Ian Royal baiting ‘m8’ ....no contest

You clearly don't because you just said he missed. He didn't miss, he didn't even shoot because he's not the level.

Just because you're an old man it doesn't mean you know anything. Your opinions on footballing matters are at best laughable.

OMA - a 12 year old has got your login details. I think they’ve had it for about a year.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Jan 2019 21:45

Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz You saddo

A lot like your entire existence then.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 06 Jan 2019 22:39

leon
Old Man Andrews
AthleticoSpizz You saddo

OMA - a 12 year old has got your login details. I think they’ve had it for about a year.

Explains why you're talking to me then eh.