Tiago llori

215 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Tiago llori

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Jan 2019 09:04

Lower West
Hound He hasn't been absolutely terrible on the pitch, but the fact he has been injured a lot (twice when he has been there as a sub), is probably not cheap, not a long term option, and is having no discernibly positive effect on his fellow defenders makes him a very poor signing imo

A major influence on the younger players such as Rinomhota. The experience he brings shouldn't be underestimated. Clement identified the lack of character in the squad towards the end of last season. Hence at the time a throwaway signing. Suspect he offers a lot on the training ground as well and in the dressing room.

I don't think that's anything but wild speculation. If O'Shea was such a positive influence surely we'd see Blackett, Ilori and co play smarter and make fewer mistakes. This is a player you is on target for his third relegation in a row in teams that are a total shambles and just can't defend. How does that suggest he's a good influence.

And why would you say he's had any affect on Rinomhota, who was a good prospect long before he arrived.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 12 Jan 2019 09:11

Yep clearly not offered that much in the dressing room or training ground looking at a) our league position and b) our lack of character - esp when we go behind

What I see is a nice guy and a good pro. What i don’t see is any evidence of leadership

poohs pure

by poohs pure » 12 Jan 2019 10:45

andrew1957 Probably a player better suited to the European game. Would be a good move for us and him if it happens.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Jan 2019 12:08

poohs pure
andrew1957 Probably a player better suited to the European game. Would be a good move for us and him if it happens.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus?

Real Murcia, Marbella, Matera.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Jan 2019 14:32

Rumour is that Reading have now turned down a 2.2m Euro bid. Also a truly bizarre rumour is that Sporting also want Reading to carry on paying Ilori’s wages for this season :shock:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 12 Jan 2019 18:35

Sutekh Rumour is that Reading have now turned down a 2.2m Euro bid. Also a truly bizarre rumour is that Sporting also want Reading to carry on paying Ilori’s wages for this season :shock:

How about we pay them 2.2m Euro and pay his wages .... ? Sounds like a Champ manager bid.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Jan 2019 01:01

Take whatever they're offering and get a proper centre half in.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Jan 2019 02:40

Snowflake Royal
Lower West
Hound He hasn't been absolutely terrible on the pitch, but the fact he has been injured a lot (twice when he has been there as a sub), is probably not cheap, not a long term option, and is having no discernibly positive effect on his fellow defenders makes him a very poor signing imo

A major influence on the younger players such as Rinomhota. The experience he brings shouldn't be underestimated. Clement identified the lack of character in the squad towards the end of last season. Hence at the time a throwaway signing. Suspect he offers a lot on the training ground as well and in the dressing room.

I don't think that's anything but wild speculation. If O'Shea was such a positive influence surely we'd see Blackett, Ilori and co play smarter and make fewer mistakes. This is a player you is on target for his third relegation in a row in teams that are a total shambles and just can't defend. How does that suggest he's a good influence.

And why would you say he's had any affect on Rinomhota, who was a good prospect long before he arrived.

This post is entire speculation and baseless opinion.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 09:21

You seem to have a hard on for me right now, but I'll explain scepticism for you seeing as you dont seem to get it.

I haven't made an assertion, I've rejected an assertion that has no supporting evidence just speculation. I've then said what I'd have expected to see if it was true.

It's also a fact, not speculation, that John O'Shea is currently on for his third relegation in a row.

Jinx

by Jinx » 13 Jan 2019 15:53

It's not a fact if it hasn't happened - it's a possibility

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 19:06

It's a fact it is a possibility that is currently on target to happen seeing as we're in the relegation zone. I didn't say he had been relegated three seasons in a row. Or that he definitely would be.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 13 Jan 2019 19:08

It’s a fact that he’s on target to be relegated 6 times in a row although where that gets us I’m not sure.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 13 Jan 2019 19:54

Snowflake Royal
Lower West

In all your years of watching football have you never noticed how experienced players read the game so well. Making up for the loss of pace etc. Yet manage to be in the right place at the right time, effortlessly. Good talent learns from those around them. Players have voices.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Jan 2019 20:27

But I don’t think O Shea is

He just seems like an aging CB to me - doesn’t bring anything other than winning a few headers and a complete lack of pace

Really don’t want to see him back in the side. And going back to the OP I’m pretty sure Gomes is determined to keep Ilori in it

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Jan 2019 20:35

Hound But I don’t think O Shea is

He just seems like an aging CB to me - doesn’t bring anything other than winning a few headers and a complete lack of pace

Really don’t want to see him back in the side. And going back to the OP I’m pretty sure Gomes is determined to keep Ilori in it

I think he works better against more direct teams so he was obviously going to struggle against Swansea who play quick football between the lines. Nice to see us finally keep a clean sheet without him yesterday though :wink:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Jan 2019 20:58

Lower West
Snowflake Royal
Lower West

In all your years of watching football have you never noticed how experienced players read the game so well. Making up for the loss of pace etc. Yet manage to be in the right place at the right time, effortlessly. Good talent learns from those around them. Players have voices.

Yes. Griffin was particularly good at that. But reading the game well to cover your weaknesses isn't the same as being a positive influence and I didn't see a lot of it from O'Shea when he's played in any case.

I mean this is a player who coped with his complete lack of pace by getting himself sent off and suspended.

Theroyalbox
Hob Nob Regular

by Theroyalbox » 14 Jan 2019 09:06

Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jan 2019 09:25

Theroyalbox Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?

I think he is potentially worth more than 3m. too many mistakes recently have certainly hit his value. He has tons of ability if he could concentrate better and make better decisions at times.

I'd personally like him to stay, but can understand why we'd cash in

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 14 Jan 2019 09:26

Hound
Theroyalbox Am I the only one who thinks illori is a decent CB and worth more than £3 million...?

I think he is potentially worth more than 3m. too many mistakes recently have certainly hit his value. He has tons of ability if he could concentrate better and make better decisions at times.

I'd personally like him to stay, but can understand why we'd cash in

He'd look pretty much international class in a slower league I feel. In Spain or Portugal he'd get a lot more time on the ball and would make far less mistakes because he'd hardly ever be pressed. I don't think the Championship suits his game at all.

Maneki Neko
Hob Nob Legend

by Maneki Neko » 14 Jan 2019 10:09

nope. I think Illori agrees with you

215 posts