MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

236 posts
Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

by Denver Royal » 14 Feb 2019 17:19

URZZZZ I know Barrow is pretty forgettable because he contributes absolutely nothing.

Nah, even defensively he’s improved. He can be frustrating, but if you watch the games back he really should have more assists than he has. Anyway, all about opinions.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 14 Feb 2019 17:23

windermereROYAL Guess who the forth official is for this one? none other than mister Geoff Eltringham himself.

I sincerely hope there's a tactical plan for one of our staff to bump into him and accidentally land their boot in his face. Unbelievable that the FA/efl have made this decision, he should be nowhere near the championship, let alone our games.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 14 Feb 2019 17:44

Hound yeah just saw that. WTAF? Surely that'll get changed

I doubt it, but I am sure that Nelson will be wearing his mask, whether he needs it or not.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Feb 2019 17:54

Hound Gomes seems to like rotating the wingers every game. Harriott, Ejaria, McCleary, Barrow, Aluko and Richards have all had a go out there recently. Not sure whether this is some masterplan of his or he really is keep dropping them every other game

Whatever it is I don't like it.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 14 Feb 2019 20:44

Denver Royal
URZZZZ I know Barrow is pretty forgettable because he contributes absolutely nothing.

Nah, even defensively he’s improved. He can be frustrating, but if you watch the games back he really should have more assists than he has. Anyway, all about opinions.

I know I'm harsh on Barrow and he does work harder than he used to but he just isn't very good and his attitude still isn't amazing. IMO he's had about 2 good games in about 14 months, you notice most of his goals last season came up to about December 2017, and since the start of 2018 he's been as poor as the others, if not even worse

And that's what the main thing is with him, people completely overrate him and I think it might have gone to his head. However, and I would always say this, he's still a good option off the bench, you notice the only goal he's scored this season has been Stoke which was off the bench

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 15 Feb 2019 11:16

thanks

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2019 11:44

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Feb 2019 12:03

URZZZZ https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/pre-match-view-from-reading.69514/

They clearly like us :wink:

Reading4eva is still active? Huh. I thought he was someone's second account.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2019 12:23

URZZZZ https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/pre-match-view-from-reading.69514/

That is genuinely one of the weirdest threads I've read. Nearly everything they've quoted on the Reading site says they are a good side, and it will be a very tough game - with a bit of self-deprecating about some poor predictions. And their response is just a load of abuse. Very odd, clearly a huge northern chip on shoulder thing

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 15 Feb 2019 12:35

Hound

That is genuinely one of the weirdest threads I've read. Nearly everything they've quoted on the Reading site says they are a good side, and it will be a very tough game - with a bit of self-deprecating about some poor predictions. And their response is just a load of abuse. Very odd, clearly a huge northern chip on shoulder thing

The bit I liked most was when they referred to Reading as not a football town.

What does constitute a football town? I guess it has to be Northern as that is where all the 'real' clubs and supporters are :roll:

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Feb 2019 12:35

It is strange how they've looked at our matchwatch thread first before making any comments on it themselves. I got sucked in and read the lot .....They really still think they are a sleeping giant in english football. A typical northern club who has been around for years but done oxf*rd all since wining FA Cup 1925. They are a bit thick aren't they, maybe the sulphar from the steel works stunted their development.
They stole the nickname 'blades' off their arch rivals Sheff weds, says enough about the club to me.

I dont think they understand that we dont expect to get anything up there so anything is a bonus.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Feb 2019 12:36

They do play some nice stuff tbf. Just you look at some of the names on the team sheet and you wouldn't expect them to.

Need to break the habit of a lifetime and get at the keeper. Having watched them against Villa he could easily crumble under pressure. Doubt it will happen though.

Hopefully it's a good soccer game. Although sadly I won't be there as I'll be watching Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal.
Last edited by sandman on 15 Feb 2019 12:44, edited 2 times in total.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2019 12:39

Hendo
Hound

The bit I liked most was when they referred to Reading as not a football town.

What does constitute a football town? I guess it has to be Northern as that is where all the 'real' clubs and supporters are :roll:

Always considered that as being there is fcuk all else to do other than watch the local football team. See Sunderland for reference

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Feb 2019 12:48

"they've never done f[u]ck all."

So they're saying we have done f[u]ck all?

Seem to remember one season where we won the league over them. Can anyone else remember that season?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 15 Feb 2019 12:51

Its a trait of old clubs who used to be successful back in the 1920's, all their supporters are like this. They have been brought up being told that their club is this huge superpower of English football when in fact they are pretty insignificant in this day and age.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Feb 2019 12:56

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 15 Feb 2019 13:55

I'm loving these guys view of reading.......LOL at the chavvie suburbs?? Like what, Pangbourne, Theale and Sonning.
Compared to the glamorous suburbs of some northern former factory town where a scene from mad max would not be far off as a documentary, yeah right.
Who the oxf*rd is this BerksBlade

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Feb 2019 14:11

Coppells Lost Coat I dont think they understand that we dont expect to get anything up there so anything is a bonus.

Prolly true, but it doesn't sit well with me any time I hear it. They came up last year, and did well. And, they are doing well again this year. And they haven't spent billions doing it.
sandman They do play some nice stuff tbf. Just you look at some of the names on the team sheet and you wouldn't expect them to.

Yep, seen them play a couple times, and they weren't what I'd been told/expecting.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 15 Feb 2019 14:16

Bit disappointed we haven't been called tinpot yet, that's usually the first insult we get

They're just a bit uneducated bless them, it's not their fault they've had to spend their whole life in that dump

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Feb 2019 14:17

And all the wannabee "hardnuts" are 14 year-olds from the chavvier suburbs, who like referring to their local area as "da ghetto, innit?". It's not Compton FFS, it's Berkshire.

err what?

strange bunch

236 posts