Hob Nob Addict

Re: MATCHWATCH : Sheffield United (a) sponsored by Nicky Forster

by windermereROYAL » 16 Feb 2019 19:30

Bloody hell those highlights, could have been 7-0

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 16 Feb 2019 19:32

Just seen the highlights.Utterly atrocious all round especially Moore and Miazga. How easy was that for Sheffield Utd?
If we somehow stay up there has to be another overhaul in the summer.

Longhorn1970
Hob Nob Regular

by Longhorn1970 » 16 Feb 2019 19:43

Lower West Selling Evans in the summer was a folly as well.

Relying on elevating U23's into the 1st team against a physical aggressive side is suicide.

I think it's fair to say they will sell anyone if there is interest. Last I knew the club were operating at a loss, so i'm guessing it boosts the coffers. Is it true Aluko is going ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Feb 2019 19:49

Snowflake Royal
Hound Im not really sure there is someone who fits the role in the U23.

Tough one - it’s a real problem position with Rino and Eza out. No easy answer

Which makes a mockery of the jubilation at Gomes' great January window.

Under his watch we sold one of our two fit players capable of playing the physical game in midfield and replaced him with two midfielders who can't. Given our injury record that's playing with fire. And it's gone very wrong. And now we're paying the price.

Well it’s a bit of a hindsight thing. If Rino was fit, not really a problem. Sure they were expecting Eza back by now and he was good. Absolutely nobody on here said we should have turned down 3m for Bacuna at the time. People were more than happy Meyler went

Evans was certainly not the answer Either to those mentioning. Also lightweight and unable to play the passing game well

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 16 Feb 2019 19:56

Longhorn1970
Muskrat Even more evidence if any were needed, of the sheer folly of sacking Clement just when things seemed to picking up a bit. Gomes seems to have zero appreciation of how to set up his team in the light of the scouting intelligence that he would have received. Not saying that we could have won today but next week he's going to be really under the microscope. Just listened to him on the radio and sounds utterly lost.

And that surprises you ?

Erm, no. Thought it was fairly evident from my post but apologies if it appeared in any way ambiguous

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 20:10

Denver Royal
John Madejski's Wallet
scumbag It's also worth noting that Sheffield United are resting the two players that have scored 17 of their last 20 goals!

They also completely changed around their defense.

We really are that bad

Hmmm, a manager rotating his starters the Sat after a Wed nite game.

Something you can afford to do as a top team in good form against relegation shite.

The other way round doesn't really work.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 20:17

Hound
Snowflake Royal
Hound Im not really sure there is someone who fits the role in the U23.

Tough one - it’s a real problem position with Rino and Eza out. No easy answer

Which makes a mockery of the jubilation at Gomes' great January window.

Under his watch we sold one of our two fit players capable of playing the physical game in midfield and replaced him with two midfielders who can't. Given our injury record that's playing with fire. And it's gone very wrong. And now we're paying the price.

Well it’s a bit of a hindsight thing. If Rino was fit, not really a problem. Sure they were expecting Eza back by now and he was good. Absolutely nobody on here said we should have turned down 3m for Bacuna at the time. People were more than happy Meyler went

Evans was certainly not the answer Either to those mentioning. Also lightweight and unable to play the passing game well

Evans would be a better fit than Meyler, Edwards, Swift, Ejaria or Baker in that central midfield role.

It's not the selling of Bacuna for good money that's the problem, it's the failing to replace him and banking on RIno not getting injured or losing form. Ezatolahi had already been out for longer than expected, and our ability to return players to the team is atrocious. Not good enough to gamble on him coming back and Rino staying fit.

Baker and Ejaria haven't set the world alight and we really didn't need both of them. We've already got Harriott, Barrow, McCleary, Aluko, Swift, Meite, Baldock and Kelly. We didn't need yet more average soft as shite midfielders / wingers. Of the two, Ejaria looks like he's got a decent touch, but like Swift he shouldn't be anywhere near playing as one of our central midfielders, No 10 only, or in Ejaria's case maybe wide.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Feb 2019 20:26

Full agreement we shouldn’t have got both Baker and Ejaria despite what I said above

Anyway just hoping Eza is near fitness and soon be back. Desperately needed

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Feb 2019 20:32

Hound Full agreement we shouldn’t have got both Baker and Ejaria despite what I said above

God yes.

Oh, I forgot Loader in the list of soft attacking players (I thought he needed a spell out of the team on loan or in the Unders to get back firing, but I still want to see more of him longer term).

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Feb 2019 20:44

Kelly is much better defensively than people give him credit for. He's no Norwood, sure, but he's a decent tackler and very good positionally. I think some people see a player who can pass and instantly assume they're Matejovsky. Actually think Kelly is a better screen than Rinomhota, who in turn is much better at pressing than anyone else at the club.

Ryan East is probably the best young defensive midfielder at the club but he's very much in the Kelly mould - not a ball winner.

If we wanted a ball winner while Rinomhota is out then probably best going with one of the Toms? Certainly wouldn't want to move Blackett - we desperately need him at left back.

Maybe Gunter could fill in? Certainly has lots of energy and is strong in the tackle. Don't know if he's good enough positionally.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 16 Feb 2019 20:50

We could try a back 3/5 until we have someone who can make a tackle in the midfield

Something like

Martinez

Miazga
Moore
Blackett

Yiadom
Richards

Kelly
Swift
Baker

Bodvarsson
Oliveira

This will also solve the problem of our useless wingers

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Feb 2019 21:08

Snowflake Royal
Hound Full agreement we shouldn’t have got both Baker and Ejaria despite what I said above

God yes.

Oh, I forgot Loader in the list of soft attacking players (I thought he needed a spell out of the team on loan or in the Unders to get back firing, but I still want to see more of him longer term).

Got a feeling that we won't see Loader in the Reading first team again. Particularly if we get relegated.

Can see one of those German teams that were rumoured to be monitoring him coming in with a bid that the club would find difficult to turn down.

He would likely be keen as well having seen the success over there of Sancho and the downward spiral of Reading meaning it's a club that's going nowhere fast and not a positive place for him to develop further.

Hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by sandman on 16 Feb 2019 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Feb 2019 22:00

Move Yiadom to centre mid? At least he’s got energy and can tackle

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 16 Feb 2019 22:29

3points Move Yiadom to centre mid? At least he’s got energy and can tackle

Can you please go and take over our Brexit negotiations, you'd stand a better chance of success....

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Feb 2019 22:33

Should have accepted the 10 million that was offered for Moore in the summer. Might have allowed Clement more flexibility than scraping around for free agents and taking punts.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 16 Feb 2019 23:30

Lower West Should have accepted the 10 million that was offered for Moore in the summer. Might have allowed Clement more flexibility than scraping around for free agents and taking punts.

Why have one Aluko when you can have two : :wink:

236 posts