Sone Aluko to China!

233 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Done Aluko to China!

by strap » 16 Feb 2019 20:00

Royal Rother How’s that going to work then?

Money is now out of China, no problem there. Club makes a huge loss, means it can be offset against profits elsewhere - although the company making the profit would somehow have to be linked to the one making the loss, (presumably?). Under a holding company perhaps? Clearly I am not an accountant! But I'm sure the Dai's are pretty canny business people and would employ very sharp professionals to make sure they weren't out of pocket.

If they get us on a sound financial footing, (without any associated shenanigans), and keep us in the LCh, then that;ll do for me.

Off topic, anyone aware of a potential financial issue at Birmingham? Vague rumours of a 20 point deduction for irregularities? Can't find anything concrete about it though so probably just wishful thinking from source? Brum currently on 46 points, so -20 might make last game of the season interesting! Probably all just cods but thought I'd ask.

Aplogies - just found this https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-citys-potential-points-deduction-15467790

More like 12 points but only to this season if they choose not to appeal, which presumably they will do though. Looks like they are alleged to have breached "Profitability and Sustainability" rules introduced in 2017. Maybe the reason why we appear to be taking such a keen interest in not falling foul of P&S instead of FFP? Oh well, perhaps another straw for us to cling to?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Feb 2019 20:14

strap
Royal Rother How’s that going to work then?

Money is now out of China, no problem there. Club makes a huge loss, means it can be offset against profits elsewhere - although the company making the profit would somehow have to be linked to the one making the loss, (presumably?). Under a holding company perhaps? Clearly I am not an accountant! But I'm sure the Dai's are pretty canny business people and would employ very sharp professionals to make sure they weren't out of pocket.

Well yes, but the suggestion was money laundering and this situation doesn‘t stack up for that imo.

Selling a player for £2.5m to another club they own would work quite well to keep us inside the P&S / FFP Rules I suppose but that’s just canny business, hardly dodgy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Sone Aluko to China!

by Hound » 16 Feb 2019 20:27

Yeah. If it is 2.5m it’s a fairly justifiable fee at a push. Not going to look dodgy. But definitely a good move for us

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 16 Feb 2019 20:51

I'd be surprised if this is a transfer.
My understanding is that Chinese clubs that do not make a profit have to pay 100% luxury tax on the purchase of foreign players and I doubt Beijing Renhe are making a profit, their average attendance last season was around 12,500 and ticket prices here are way cheaper than in the UK (I pay £10 to watch my local team in the equivalent of the upper west).
Loan deals that are not made permanent are exempt from the tax so that would seem more likely ..... but here anything is possible!

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Feb 2019 09:21

It could be a loan for the reason given above. But it would also make business sense to sell Aluko to Beijing Renhe for these reasons;

Aluko close to playing a number of games which would trigger a large payment to Fulham

Selling to a club owned by the Dia’s would allow money to come to us helping our current PFF whilst not entirely losing ownership of the player. The 2.5m fee is possibly below the figure that would trigger a sell-on percentage to Fulham

Reading could then buy Aluko back (as early as this summer) reducing or completely removing Fulham from any future Aluko transactions connected to Reading.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Feb 2019 09:35

Wash your mouth out!! :twisted:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 17 Feb 2019 09:38

I think selling him to Beijing only to buy him back thus avoiding any cut being due to Fulham would be tantamount to fraud and result in a mega shit storm.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2019 09:58

Royal Rother I think selling him to Beijing only to buy him back thus avoiding any cut being due to Fulham would be tantamount to fraud and result in a mega shit storm.

Yep wouldn't take a genius to spot that.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Feb 2019 11:28

Would a mega shit storm apply if Beijing sold Aluko to any club in the summer?

MR. CYNICAL

by MR. CYNICAL » 17 Feb 2019 11:28

Lower West Clever way of getting capital out of China.

Perhaps we could sell a few more players as well. Get relegated. Then storm league one next season.

Just like we did last time we got relegated to the 3rd tier!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2019 12:04

Oilroyal Would a mega shit storm apply if Beijing sold Aluko to any club in the summer?

If it was owned by the same people and clearly just a way of manipulating financials then yes

yuomi

by yuomi » 17 Feb 2019 16:04

Suddenly Dai failing the fit and proper test at Hull doesn't seem that mysterious...

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 17 Feb 2019 17:15

Snowflake Royal
Oilroyal Would a mega shit storm apply if Beijing sold Aluko to any club in the summer?

If it was owned by the same people and clearly just a way of manipulating financials then yes

Okay that makes sense if Reading were to resign him. Although I’m not sure if there's anything illegal that would stop the Dia’s from selling Aluko to another club owned by them in China, then 6 month later sell him for 4 or 5 million to another club to dilute Fulham’s sell on %.

I agree he's not been great for us but he’s worth more than 2.5m

Aluko’s has played 59 games for us, 60 could be the magic number that triggers a Fulham payment. For all we know a club may have come in for Aluko this Jan, but because of Fulham’s sell-on fee the deal didn’t stack up for us. Aluko going to China doesn’t seem right (to me) but it does if Aluko gets a move from China this summer and Fulham's sell-on is reduced or removed altogether.

Larry_Parnell

by Larry_Parnell » 17 Feb 2019 18:57

It's probably worth factoring into your speculation that the next Chinese season won't start until March and will run throughout the summer.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 17 Feb 2019 20:26

yuomi Suddenly Dai failing the fit and proper test at Hull doesn't seem that mysterious...

Explain.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2019 22:20

Oilroyal
Snowflake Royal

Okay that makes sense if Reading were to resign him. Although I’m not sure if there's anything illegal that would stop the Dia’s from selling Aluko to another club owned by them in China, then 6 month later sell him for 4 or 5 million to another club to dilute Fulham’s sell on %.

I agree he's not been great for us but he’s worth more than 2.5m

Aluko’s has played 59 games for us, 60 could be the magic number that triggers a Fulham payment. For all we know a club may have come in for Aluko this Jan, but because of Fulham’s sell-on fee the deal didn’t stack up for us. Aluko going to China doesn’t seem right (to me) but it does if Aluko gets a move from China this summer and Fulham's sell-on is reduced or removed altogether.

I wouldn't pay £2.50 for him.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 18 Feb 2019 03:24

Good thread.
Interesting read, and there's some good insight in here that I was previously unaware of, so thx.
Good to see some old faces, too.
Anymore, feel the best posters in here/were, are those that have sadly departed, and/or post the least :wink:

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 18 Feb 2019 04:54

Is there a reverse sell-on?

Ie we sell at a loss and Fulham reimburse us?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Feb 2019 12:02

yuomi Suddenly Dai failing the fit and proper test at Hull doesn't seem that mysterious...

It was other members of the consortium. Same way Samrit didn't get through for us but the other Thai's were deemed OK.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 18 Feb 2019 12:27

Hound
RoyalBlue
pwb I have seen a rumour saying he is being bought for 25 million, by Bejing rehne, that happens to be owned by our owners???

That would be a clever way to ease any FFP issues. Presumably there is something in the rules to stop them being bent quite that much?!

Don’t know what you mean? Seems perfectly reasonable to me :lol:
+1 we sold Greg Halford for £3.5m and Nick Blackman for £2.5m , so at those rates Aluko at £25m looks a bargain.

233 posts