Rinhomota

114 posts
Delboy

Rinhomota

by Delboy » 17 Feb 2019 08:55

He is key to link play anyone know how bad his injury is need him for Rotherham game

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Rinhomota

by windermereROYAL » 17 Feb 2019 09:21

Gomes said he`s unlikely to be ready for next week, I`m seriously surprised you think any of our injuries will ever come back after 2 weeks out, it`s nearly always a month plus.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2019 09:55

Yeah, not much hope of a speedy return given our record.

Rinomhota btw.

Ranty McRantface

by Ranty McRantface » 17 Feb 2019 09:58

Personally I think we've underestimated how important his role is or at least that type of players value to the team. With Eza out injured, Meyler and Edwards being moved on we should have signed another tenacious tough tackler in Jan. I would rather have had another Rino type than Ejaria and Baker sign for us.

retro royal

by retro royal » 17 Feb 2019 10:07

Wonder if this is why his form dipped in his last couple of games, not replacing Bacuna has certainly left us short screening the defence.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 17 Feb 2019 11:04

The box to box midfielder type is vastly underrated at this club. Which is a surprise as the role is highly effective at this level, and we’ve been highly successful using that type of player.

Rino, Karacan, Sidwell for example.

Ok they are all slightly different but they were all high-energy players.

Transversely we’ve never been effective with players such as Kelly, Baker, Norwood & Guthrie.

Those players seem to work better in the Prem or a more continental style.

Sometimes it’s best to stick with what you know works as a club

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Feb 2019 12:18

Notts Royal The box to box midfielder type is vastly underrated at this club. Which is a surprise as the role is highly effective at this level, and we’ve been highly successful using that type of player.

Transversely we’ve never been effective with players such as Kelly, Baker, Norwood & Guthrie.

+1

A certain element of our fans don't appreciate that role unfortunately.

Delboy

by Delboy » 17 Feb 2019 12:57

Could play Gunter at right back with McCleary ahead of him, played together a lot, and push Yiadom into midfield

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Feb 2019 14:37

Notts Royal The box to box midfielder type is vastly underrated at this club. Which is a surprise as the role is highly effective at this level, and we’ve been highly successful using that type of player.

Remember the signing of Leigertwood. Transformed the team.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2019 15:48

There's just not really any good answers.

Blackett - but he tends to make daft mistakes and invite pressure on himself
O'Shea - he's statuesque in his mobility
Moore - he's one of the cautious sideways passing, slowly look for an obvious pass obviously type
Gunter - soft, always backs off and his first instinct is pass it sideways or backwards
Yiadom - again, I think like Blackett he invites pressure on himself and makes some daft mistakes - he's a wingback and I don't think the qualities that make him one fit holding midfielder.
East - small
Holsgrove - struggled with injury recently I believe
Frost - attacking midfielder
Barrett - attacking midfielder

I didn't rate the idea of Ilori in midfield, but he's probably the better option for a holding midfielder than any of them. And no matter which of those Gomes picks, if any, in the likely event it didn't work well, he'd get slammed because it's so left field.

I just don't see a solution. Maybe 3 centre backs with Miazga, Moore and Blackett, then Richards and Yiadom at wingback... gives the defence greater ability to stand up to the free run from midfield against them, but doesn't actually do anything about that free run.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2019 16:55

Just going to have play Baker, Swift and one other (maybe Harriott as a 10) and hope they play a whole lot better tbh

They can control the game if they are on it. Admittedly not particularly confident but Rotherham are utter dog shit. It’s not like we are playing Sheff Utd away again

And just hope Rino and Eza are back very soon

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Feb 2019 16:58

Is there anyone on a free that could fit the bill for 6 months. That at least knows the position if we are clearing Aluko. Just trying to think of someone.
Just had a look at transfermarkt but best I can come up with is Rohan ince, Chris Baird, Joe Ledley or Lewis Mcgugan.

Would take ledley on a short term deal tbf if fit. Seasoned pro cm who can pass out and make a tackle.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 17 Feb 2019 17:01

Nope, no point. We have 2 capable players who just aren’t fit yet. We can’t just throw more players at it this time

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Feb 2019 17:10

Hound Nope, no point. We have 2 capable players who just aren’t fit yet. We can’t just throw more players at it this time

At the end of the day Ezotolahi is still a while off and is not actually ours yet, Ledley has just turned down Celtic because he wants to play and prove his worth. Give him 6 months till the end of the season and see how he gets on..... bit different if I was suggesting a 3 year contract. It’s a cover option. I would feel a hell of a lot better with a player like Ledley playing there for the next 3 or 4 games which are so important. Than a make shift or changing the system. We still don’t know how long rhino is out for.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 17 Feb 2019 17:15

linkenholtroyal Is there anyone on a free that could fit the bill for 6 months. That at least knows the position if we are clearing Aluko. Just trying to think of someone.
Just had a look at transfermarkt but best I can come up with is Rohan ince, Chris Baird, Joe Ledley or Lewis Mcgugan.
Would take ledley on a short term deal tbf if fit. Seasoned pro cm who can pass out and make a tackle.

linkenholtroyal, Is a Meylar recall an option? Rino is going to miss this week (and even longer?). Eja is out til...nobody really knows (and there's only a dozen games left). Given the dire situation we're in, what about recalling Meylar (if its possible?)? Noticed he was on the bench at Coventry, so maybe they wouldn't quibble too much. Had thought he might get a chance under Gomes (wondered if it might have been a 'Clement thing'?) Its not ideal, I know, but we wouldn't have to find/sign someone, he's an experienced pro, and it is his position.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 17 Feb 2019 17:24

Denver Royal
linkenholtroyal Is there anyone on a free that could fit the bill for 6 months. That at least knows the position if we are clearing Aluko. Just trying to think of someone.

linkenholtroyal, Is a Meylar recall an option? Rino is going to miss this week (and even longer?). Eja is out til...nobody really knows (and there's only a dozen games left). Given the dire situation we're in, what about recalling Meylar (if its possible?)? Noticed he was on the bench at Coventry, so maybe they wouldn't quibble too much. Had thought he might get a chance under Gomes (wondered if it might have been a 'Clement thing'?) Its not ideal, I know, but we wouldn't have to find/sign someone, he's an experienced pro, and it is his position.

It was Gomes who transfer listed him so though it maybe an option and we may have the choice to recall him. I would suggest that he may not be that willing and ready to come and be readings saviour.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 17 Feb 2019 17:34

linkenholtroyal
Denver Royal

It was Gomes who transfer listed him so though it maybe an option and we may have the choice to recall him. I would suggest that he may not be that willing and ready to come and be readings saviour.

You're right, prolly a pipe dream. Just thought Rovrum game might suit him, he'd add size and can be aggressive. Squad is what it is, we should try to get more out of it than we have. We're in dire, yet too many players are 'off limits'.
Since we've got him, could O'shea fit in somewhere? On paper, it's his type of game, too. I'd actually consider dropping Moore for O'Shea. He'd add more height, which is why they equalized at the death at their place, and reckon they will be looking to exploit that again. They have some really big units, and this is such a vital game that all options are on the table somewhere, even McShane, imo.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Feb 2019 22:19

Denver Royal

If the answer is Meyler, you're asking the wrong question.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 17 Feb 2019 22:36

O'Shea has played in midfield for Man Utd in the past. For all his lack of mobility. Would read the game well. Nor does he have to be that active. Makele as an example basically stayed in the centre circle. When providing defensive cover in his Chelsea days.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 17 Feb 2019 23:24

Lower West O'Shea has played in midfield for Man Utd in the past. For all his lack of mobility. Would read the game well. Nor does he have to be that active. Makele as an example basically stayed in the centre circle. When providing defensive cover in his Chelsea days.

LW, yep, was pondering if he’s an option somewhere. Obv not ideal, but it’s all relative to the predicament we’re currently in. As you rightly say, he does read the game well, and think his height could be useful. As I say, would imagine any and all options are on the table at this point. One way or another, whatever’s gone before, have to try and find a way to get the 3 pts on Sat.

114 posts