by genome » 01 Mar 2019 14:27

Silver Fox For anyone who didn't get a shirt you can donate directly here

https://donation.comicrelief.com/

Not unless I get something in return!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: £5 Comic Relief Red Reading Footy shirt

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Mar 2019 14:31

What a shambles. Hope we lose tomorrow now.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2019 14:40

Pepe the Horseman What a shambles. Hope we lose tomorrow now.

+1

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 01 Mar 2019 14:42

Pepe the Horseman What a shambles. Hope we lose tomorrow now.

+1
In front of a sell out away end all wearing red.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2019 14:54

Silver Fox For anyone who didn't get a shirt you can donate directly here

https://donation.comicrelief.com/

Done.

Cheers SF.

Davezk

by Davezk » 01 Mar 2019 15:05

This is what happens when people put idiot marketeers in charge of policy.

It is obvious limiting to 4 shirts per person, pricing a bit higher and ensuring higher stock (or manufacturing more) are all obvious things they could have done...

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2019 15:12

Scutterbucketz
Pardsme I experienced the same problem everyone had ordering it online. Was literally 9.01 when went on and plenty in stock. Got to check out and that when the problems started. Finally got a order through 10 mins later. But still no e mail confirmation. Just checked statement, £80 odd been taken out!! Complete shambles

They billed you for 16 shirts?

LOL. Classic RFC. Apparently people were walking out of the mega store with 30+ shirts, whilst people were left in the queue with nothing. How hard would it have been to limit it to 4 per person or less. ShambLOLes.

People need to read the T&Cs

The shirts were a minimum of £5 and you were encouraged to pay more as an additional donation.
So the £80 is the £5 minimum plus they have kindly taken a generous £75 donation from you.
You should be very proud.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 01 Mar 2019 15:15

Davezk This is what happens when people put idiot marketeers in charge of policy.

It is obvious limiting to 4 shirts per person, pricing a bit higher and ensuring higher stock (or manufacturing more) are all obvious things they could have done...

The limit per person makes sense. The other suggestions make no sense. We have no idea what price point would have meant demand exactly matched supply, nor could they tell in advance exactly what demand would be so what would the ‘right’ number of shirts have been ?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Mar 2019 15:30

Nameless
Davezk This is what happens when people put idiot marketeers in charge of policy.

The limit per person makes sense. The other suggestions make no sense. We have no idea what price point would have meant demand exactly matched supply, nor could they tell in advance exactly what demand would be so what would the ‘right’ number of shirts have been ?

Think people are paid to work that stuff out tbh

Agree its a difficult one though. Last thing they'd want is a load of them left laying around after March 15th, and the crowd is so variable at the moment

Still, £10 minimum would have been sensible I think. Dunno how many they actually made - my guess is a couple of thousand.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 01 Mar 2019 15:34

Nameless

The same way that so many other proper commercial organisations judge demand so much more accurately - market research, focus groups etc. There were massive clues all over social media as to the extreme high level of demand there was likely to be. Of course that's too late once you've committed to a manufacturing order which is why you do more research in advance.

They should also ensure that they have a decent, reliable e-commerce site that doesn't fall over the moment there is high demand, which doesn't take multiple payments from customers whilst repeatedly telling them their payment has been rejected, which doesn't tell customers payment has gone through and thank them for their order only to not register that order on the system.

You can also employ a Megastore Manager who can think on their feet and who is empowered to make decisions. They could see how the queue was growing outside. Decide to limit purchases at that point - quickly knock out some coupons on the PC and printer and distribute down the queue (easy to sign to stop duplication). Mark requirements off stock list as you work along queue. If there is more demand than stock, have the decency to tell those at the back of the queue that they are unlikely to get anything.

The Commercial Department at the club is an utter shambles at present - evidenced by the fact they struggle to even get any ads up around the stadium (concourses, toilets etc.).

You can be more aware in your PR - rather than have the club tweet about selling out with not even a hint of an apology for the shambles in the main part of the tweet.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Mar 2019 15:39

Be interesting to see the percentage of people who paid an additional amount to comic relief.

Either way.

Shirts sold - tick
Money to charity - tick
Excellent pre sale publicity - tick
Fans in meltdown missing out on shirt that was never dreamt of 5 days ago - tick

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Mar 2019 15:53

Listings are on eBay. Some people have no shame.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 01 Mar 2019 16:03

This whole thing was basically:

We're selling limited edition £20 notes for £5. All proceeds go to charity.

At what point was it going to go well?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2019 16:03

paultheroyal Be interesting to see the percentage of people who paid an additional amount to comic relief.

Either way.

Shirts sold - tick
Money to charity - tick
Excellent pre sale publicity - tick
Fans in meltdown missing out on shirt that was never dreamt of 5 days ago - tick

Who'd have thought this bloke used to be a referee? :lol:

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Mar 2019 16:05

genome Listings are on eBay. Some people have no shame.

Where? I cant see any.....I searched for " Reading Shirt" and did newest listing....nothing...
I did get a Selena Gomez Tour Tshirt in the listing oddly though.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 01 Mar 2019 16:06

Picked up a dozen (8 adult , 4 child) this morning. (E-BAY link to follow)

The way I look at it , they'll probably fetch about £40 for the adult and £20 for children's size on average. So £400 minus my initial outlay of £60.

So £340 profit. I'll give half of that to Comic Relief and pocket the other half myself.

Happy to help such a worthy cause. Well done RFC.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 01 Mar 2019 16:08

genome Listings are on eBay. Some people have no shame.

I can’t find any. Post the links

jd82
Hob Nob Addict

by jd82 » 01 Mar 2019 16:10

Vision Picked up a dozen (8 adult , 4 child) this morning. (E-BAY link to follow)

The way I look at it , they'll probably fetch about £40 for the adult and £20 for children's size on average. So £400 minus my initial outlay of £60.

So £340 profit. I'll give half of that to Comic Relief and pocket the other half myself.

:lol:

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Mar 2019 16:11

Vision Picked up a dozen (8 adult , 4 child) this morning. (E-BAY link to follow)

If I buy one how can I be sure you are really going to donate half to comic relief and can I get a £5 discount as I've already donated £5 thanks to SF's link to the Comic Relief website?
Last edited by sandman on 01 Mar 2019 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

163 posts