BFTG Leeds Home

151 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG Leeds Home

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2019 19:07

Hound Don't fully disagree Ian, and a fair response

I just think the opposite - I think he gets a tougher time than he deserves. I can accept some of the criticism - the occasional slow thinking, the lacks of concentration and being pushed off the ball too easily. But the positives outweigh the negatives for me

Interestingly, I think Nor can it measure when he takes too many touches, takes someone on unnecessarily, takes the wrong pass or delays the right pass. is actually demonstrated quite well in the stats by the number of times he gets dispossessed or a poor touch and loses it

He is an easy target, and an easy person to blame for what is a team issue - a team lacking in confidence, quality and movement.

Kelly is a whole different subject. Again, the stats fit in with my opinion of him that he just doesn't do enough of anything well to be of much use. Tackling is low, pass percentage pretty poor, key passes poor etc. Just don't know what he offers.

Absolutely admit I am easy on Kelly because he's ours. Give me shit I have affinity for over shit I dont any day.

And Im not saying Kelly is great. He wouldnt start in my preferred XI... even for our weak squad, but he's practically all we have fit and Id prefer him (in the deeper role) to Swift, Meyler or Ejaria - although reserving judgement on the latter a bit, havent seen enough in a deeper role. Id go Kelly over East too atm.

No way Id play Kelly at No. 10 over Swift.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Mar 2019 19:29

ladida_gunner_graham
Zip
John Smith We were alright we just weren't brave or physical enough, in the sense that their players were much stronger. There were times when Barrow and Loader could have drawn fouls and cards from Leeds players. The midfield battle clearly lacked steel but we can put this down partly to injuries.

I'd get our lot on the weights personally.

We looked lightweight but it was so much more than that. Leeds worked harder. They pressed us so much more than we did to them. Often one of our players ran down a cul de sac with no one offering for a pass and with two opponents bearing down on him. In contrast Leeds always seemed to have options.
We were also so slow to react at times. Leeds would take a short corner and our lot were switched off.

This was an issue throughout the game. Fine, play out from the back by all means, but the players at the back who receive the ball, need options to move the play up the pitch. Contrast the options Leeds defenders had in sumilar positions. Miazga and Moore in particular ended up attempting 50 yard passes (and consequently looking terrible) as there were no reasonable available alternatives.

For Miazga in particular I thought it was a tactical choice, but it definitely affected our forward play - there were a lot of times when you could see Swift or whoever looking for the pass but not having any options and so having to try a risky dribble instead. Credit Leeds but we could have done better - maybe with someone else ahead of Loader.

As for the Swift argument- yes he didn't contribute much against Leeds but he's been one of our best players since Christmas. Bit of a joke to say he's more of a passenger than, say, Ola John, Adrian Popa, Jordan Mutch, or Chris Martin.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2019 19:42

Ha absolutely no one is saying that SCIAG. At least I hope not

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 14 Mar 2019 19:46

Hound Ha absolutely no one is saying that SCIAG. At least I hope not

John - forgot he existed
Popa - never played anyway
Mutch - forgot he existed
Martin - forgot he existed

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Mar 2019 20:09

Sorry but Swift winds me up.

Don't care what your little stats page says, he is a lightweight who is shoved off the ball easily and like Kelly he thinks he is much better than he is. He is nowhere near the level he was at in his first six months.

That is the frustrating thing with both him and Kelly, they could be as good as they think they are but for whatever the reason they just haven't kicked on.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Mar 2019 22:09

It’s not ‘my little stats page’

He winds me up as well btw. Just think some of the criticism isn’t justified

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Mar 2019 00:04

Hound Don't fully disagree Ian, and a fair response

I just think the opposite - I think he gets a tougher time than he deserves. I can accept some of the criticism - the occasional slow thinking, the lacks of concentration and being pushed off the ball too easily. But the positives outweigh the negatives for me

Interestingly, I think Nor can it measure when he takes too many touches, takes someone on unnecessarily, takes the wrong pass or delays the right pass. is actually demonstrated quite well in the stats by the number of times he gets dispossessed or a poor touch and loses it

He is an easy target, and an easy person to blame for what is a team issue - a team lacking in confidence, quality and movement.

Kelly is a whole different subject. Again, the stats fit in with my opinion of him that he just doesn't do enough of anything well to be of much use. Tackling is low, pass percentage pretty poor, key passes poor etc. Just don't know what he offers.

I don't think the stats are always accurate so the dispossessed figures won't tell the complete story. For example v Wigan I counted 4 times in 30 minutes that Swift lost possession. Who scored says 1 for the whole game.

He simply has to get stronger if he is to survive in the game imo.

biff

by biff » 15 Mar 2019 01:08

Saw Mikaël Silvestre in the hotel beforehand. That was good.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 15 Mar 2019 01:45

Hasn't Swift scored 3 goals recently in not many games? Two from free play and one set piece?

iirc

janesdaddy

by janesdaddy » 15 Mar 2019 01:52

I still haven't forgiven Leeds for Michael Brown breaking Jem Karacan's ankle a few years ago. I know I shouldn't wish bad thing upon people but I keep hoping that one of their players twists his own ankle really badly.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 15 Mar 2019 02:25

janesdaddy I still haven't forgiven Leeds for Michael Brown breaking Jem Karacan's ankle a few years ago. I know I shouldn't wish bad thing upon people but I keep hoping that one of their players twists his own ankle really badly.

Well, they prolly have from time to time.
Anyway who, Jack Clarke? What would he have to do with Brown? Prolly doesn't even know Brown (or Karacan).

151 posts
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:51