RUMOUR - Jonson Clarke-Harris

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

RUMOUR - Jonson Clarke-Harris

by Stranded » 02 Apr 2019 10:24

Daily Mail reporting that we are interested in Bristol Rovers striker Jonson Clarke-Harris.

Only joined them in January and scored 6 goals in his first 7 games there. No nothing else about him.

Old Man Andrews

Re: Jonson Clarke-Harris

by Old Man Andrews » 02 Apr 2019 10:29

Jonson.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: RUMOUR - Jonson Clarke-Harris

by Sutekh » 02 Apr 2019 14:53

Watched a few of the EFL highlights recently and every week Clarke-Harris pops up on the scoresheet. Actually thought last Saturday as he struck yet again against the best team in division 3 that he might be worth a look - though whether any interest would dependent on what division Reading are in remains to be seen. Wonder if he'd fit in with Oliveira?

For the record he's 24 and was previously with Rotherham and Coventry (and has had numerous loan clubs) but totally non-prolific until joining the Gas.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 02 Apr 2019 15:12

These increasing, perpetual, irrelevant, annoying, meaningless double barrelled surnames are getting on my tits. Especially in footballing circles.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 02 Apr 2019 16:13

This is exactly the type of signing we should be making.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Apr 2019 16:26

grey_squirrel These increasing, perpetual, irrelevant, annoying, meaningless double barrelled surnames are getting on my tits. Especially in footballing circles.

Alright, Mr. Grey-Squirrel

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 02 Apr 2019 16:52

genome
grey_squirrel These increasing, perpetual, irrelevant, annoying, meaningless double barrelled surnames are getting on my tits. Especially in footballing circles.

Alright, Mr. Grey-Squirrel

Doesn't quite work does it.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Apr 2019 19:53

CountryRoyal This is exactly the type of signing we should be making.

Should doesn't mean yes

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Apr 2019 07:14

Hmmm.

We play one upfront. We are looking like signing Oliveira and have Novacovich to come back. Plus Bod, Baldock, McNulty and Loader on the books.

If this is an alternative to Oli should we get relegated then fine. But as well as? Don't really see it unless we're sure of shifting two or three of Bod, Baldock and McNulty. I'd rather have Nova or McNulty tbh

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Apr 2019 08:48

Snowflake Royal Hmmm.

We play one upfront. We are looking like signing Oliveira and have Novacovich to come back. Plus Bod, Baldock, McNulty and Loader on the books.

If this is an alternative to Oli should we get relegated then fine. But as well as? Don't really see it unless we're sure of shifting two or three of Bod, Baldock and McNulty. I'd rather have Nova or McNulty tbh

If money is as tight as we are lead to believe, any decent big from a Dutch side for Novacovich will be taken - his stock is high over there and can easily see one of the bigger Dutch clubs taking him in the summer. Loader will go on loan next year I think and the other 3 are all sellable - so even if Oliveria does come permanently in the summer I can see us shifting a couple and taking a punt on a striker like Clarke-Harris.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Apr 2019 08:53

Stranded
Snowflake Royal Hmmm.

If money is as tight as we are lead to believe, any decent big from a Dutch side for Novacovich will be taken - his stock is high over there and can easily see one of the bigger Dutch clubs taking him in the summer. Loader will go on loan next year I think and the other 3 are all sellable - so even if Oliveria does come permanently in the summer I can see us shifting a couple and taking a punt on a striker like Clarke-Harris.

Unfortunately I think you're right about Novacovich. It just strikes me that he doesn't remotely consider himself a Reading player and he seems very settled in Holland. I hope we're both wrong because I'd like to see what he can offer us but I just get the feeling that all concerned are resigned to his future not being with us.

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 03 Apr 2019 08:54

Novakovich....................... :roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Apr 2019 09:21

Vision
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Hmmm.

Unfortunately I think you're right about Novacovich. It just strikes me that he doesn't remotely consider himself a Reading player and he seems very settled in Holland. I hope we're both wrong because I'd like to see what he can offer us but I just get the feeling that all concerned are resigned to his future not being with us.

What gave you the impression he isn't settled there?

If we do sell him we have to insist on a sell on clause. Dutch league players always seem to go for a lot more than they were bought for.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 03 Apr 2019 10:11

NewCorkSeth
Vision
Stranded

If we do sell him we have to insist on a sell on clause. Dutch league players always seem to go for a lot more than they were bought for.

I think he is settled THERE. That's why I've got a feeling we won't see him play for us.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 03 Apr 2019 10:17

Vision
NewCorkSeth
Vision

I think he is settled THERE. That's why I've got a feeling we won't see him play for us.

I somehow managed to read everything you wrote the other way around. My apologies.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Apr 2019 13:20

Vision
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Hmmm.

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but I'd be unhappy about selling Nova.

McNulty seems bound to be sold... not convinced we'd get shot of Baldock or Bod. Loader needs the right loan, but probably does need one.

linkenholtroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by linkenholtroyal » 03 Apr 2019 14:50

Snowflake Royal
Vision
Stranded

I wouldn't be surprised if you're right, but I'd be unhappy about selling Nova.

McNulty seems bound to be sold... not convinced we'd get shot of Baldock or Bod. Loader needs the right loan, but probably does need one.

Seems a bit silly to sell a player like McNulty who is exceeding in the SPL and buying a league 2 striker again. I think we would be better off just sticking with McNulty and giving him a chance.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 03 Apr 2019 15:28

Vision
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Hmmm.

Yeah, must admit it crossed my mind with the arrival of Nigel Howe, Gomes, new coaches, etc, mid-season, that the outlook/plans for Nova here might change this Summer. But, maybe not.
We've been going on at some length about how difficult it is for us to find strikers, sign them, afford them, etc, and here we have one in our laps who may not get a look in.
The object of loaning a player out is, among other things, to see whether he can show anything and cut it elsewhere, and he's surely shown that. If you drew up an ideal loan, it would approximate something like his, wouldn't it?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Apr 2019 21:46

Vision
Stranded
Snowflake Royal Hmmm.

If a big offer comes in then it may happen because of the club's FFP situation but Gomes certainly doesn't seem resigned to Novakovich leaving permanently.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 04 Apr 2019 07:30

sandman
Vision
Stranded

If a big offer comes in then it may happen because of the club's FFP situation but Gomes certainly doesn't seem resigned to Novakovich leaving permanently.

From these comments: https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... r-16070744 think we can expect players to leave and potentially for less than we would like to get them off the books. Doesn't make Novakovich more or less likely to leave (likely one of the lower earners) but suggests any reasonable bid for any player will be taken.