BFTG - Hull (A)

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

BFTG - Hull (A)

by CountryRoyal » 06 Apr 2019 21:06

Seeings how no one has made a thread yet.

It was pretty crap. We were good in patches and times looked like we could threaten but we were very powder puff and from the moment the second half got underway you could tell we were going to lose. What the hell were our back 4 doing? Time and time again Hull got in behind. We were all over the place. Credit where credit is due though they demonstrated exactly what we don’t have, quality in the final third. Their movement quality of balls and passes were very good and clinical but we didn’t half make it easy for them.

Negatives:
Shit defence
Delivery awful
Soft
Indecisive
Shocking atmosphere
Moore was oxf*rd atrocious

Positives:
Rinomhota
I stayed til the end and was in the car out the car park at 1701.

Not a good day for us with other teams around us picking up points, don’t expect anything on Wednesday but Brentford is a huge game.

bloody Volvo driver

Re: BFTG - Hull (A)

by bloody Volvo driver » 06 Apr 2019 21:55

Other observations

Thought Ejari & Baker we’re reasonable.
Meite, for the size of him was a bit of a Jesse today.
How many times did we not challenge for the ball in the air.
Before the game, I was reading on Hull websites how they were concerned about our counterattacking pace. Soooo many times when we had the chance to break on Hull did we revert to sloth like pace.
Nelson is not ready yet.
Thought we outfought PNE last week. This week roles reversed.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 06 Apr 2019 22:01

Moore appeared to have health issues with his kid during last night, maybe his mind was elsewhere.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 07 Apr 2019 08:03

Interesting game on a bad day.

Martinez getting booked was a bit childish from the ref. He wasnt taking that long was he? I'm pretty sure there is no time limit set for a Goal Kick anyway.

The defence looked a little shell shocked in the second half. I don't know how they were picked apart so easily. They have looked so comfortable recently.

Rinomhota was oxf*rd brilliant. I honestly thought he was the best player on the pitch. He was strong on and off the ball. 2 or 3 times he tackled/intercepted things he had no right to get to. I'm glad I bought his signed jersey because in my eyes hes already a legend.

Baker scored a great goal, tackled really well and looked solid throughout. Hes moved up the loan pecking order for me. Should we survive we most certainly need either him or Ezatolahi back.

Meite and Barrow were pretty much marked out of the game. Barrow was unlucky to not finish his chance and Meite should have restrained himself from shooting from 30 yards out.

Ejaria was a perfect stand in for Swift. His passing isnt as good but his skill on the ball is much better.

Oliveira was a bit shit really. But I dont think he was fit.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 07 Apr 2019 08:23

A bit disturbing how easy Hull got in behind us for all 3 goals, that's exactly what Norwich are good at, I fear for us on Wednesday.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Apr 2019 11:38

BFTG - football post

That was a sloppy score draw that went away from us because we had so little on the break and they were vicious in the counter-attack. The ball didn't sit for 90 minutes, bobbling around a blustery pitch.

I think at 1-0 or 1-1, we had a few moments when we could have put that away but all three went against us and then it was 2-1 and our resolve went. First, a cross went in and the defender seemed to flick it out of the path of the far post runner. Goal kick awarded. Team didn't settle for a few minutes after. Then, a goal disallowed for offside. OK, likely it was, but a decent head of steam had been built up. At 1-1, Barrow (I think) went through on a one on one. Keeper makes a good save. But it was 2-1 within minutes of that and we had literally nothing to offer after.

Oliviera not fit. Rinomhota excellent.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 08 Apr 2019 11:50

BFTG - Hull At Night Post.

Pre-match beers: GW Horners

Nothing on hand-pull. Two carlsbergs. 50th birthday party in full swing in the corner. Did not catch tetanus.

2 pints in the ground. Took forever to get served.

Grand National: The New Griffin

£4.70 for two pints. Christ. Friendly. Horses on. We lost.

Onwards.

Pub in the middle of some wasteland. Excellent beer. Excellent decor. Record of lost pubs on the walls. Friendly as well.

Walk into the old town, past disused bridges, dual carraigeways and a arctic trawler.

Pubs start to come thick and fast here.

Decent beer, but a private party on made for a noisier experience.

Quality snug. Its currently 1800 ish, and the place is on the way to heaving.

Young crowd, rammed, but also a good dozen ales on tap.

No food, so adjourned to Eikona. Did not have chips with bolognese or tray of meat, no matter how much I was tempted.

Decent.

Like a wine bar, but with ale. Pint slightly off.

Onwards.

Rammed. Decent beers.

We were, by ten years, the youngest people here. It was rammed. Proper standing room only.

"Apparently this place has the smallest window in the UK"
"can't see it"
Helpful Bloke: "It's there"
"oh, that is small"

Then a helpful walk to ...

Excellent.

Map on wall of all pubs in Hull showed we'd barely scratched the surface.

Excellent selection of pubs in the old town - well worth an explore. Well worth it indeed.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 08 Apr 2019 12:53

hang on, how many pints does that make?

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Apr 2019 13:32

The pubs were great tbf. And all packed right throughout the day, they're a thirsty bunch up there.

Pub of the day either the whalebone or Hawkes.

The football was shit.
Last edited by Green on 08 Apr 2019 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Apr 2019 13:32

stealthpapes BFTG - Hull At Night Post.

Excellent selection of pubs in the old town - well worth an explore. Well worth it indeed.

Bloody superb post

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 10 Apr 2019 11:37

LUX hang on, how many pints does that make?

I think two near the end we went onto halves, but pints in the Minerva. Swaying, not rolling, due to some excellent pacing and consistency in the crease.

Shall we say 12 pints, in about eleven hours on the go?

The other two items of note - everywhere was packed from midday onwards. Second, it's an old crowd, with some multigenerational family drinking going down.

11 posts   •   Page 1 of 1