Swift to Leeds

retro royal

Swift to Leeds

by retro royal » 08 Apr 2019 10:12

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Swift to Leeds

by Hound » 08 Apr 2019 10:27

yep seen that knocking about. That Pete O'Rourke isn't a bad source actually so maybe some truth in it

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 08 Apr 2019 11:28

Makes sense - one of our sellable assets and would hope to get a decent amount for him regardless of which division we are in come May.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Apr 2019 11:36

Will drive him there myself.

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 08 Apr 2019 13:57

CountryRoyal Will drive him there myself.

I'll pay for the fuel

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 08 Apr 2019 14:12

John Smith

I'll pay for the fuel

Good man.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Apr 2019 14:18

Interesting one.

If Reading go down then yes, he's gone I can't see him at Reading next season.

If Reading stay up and Leeds are promoted then he'll move there if they want him as Reading won't stand in the way of PL football for him.

If Reading stay up and Leeds do their standard bottle job then I would suggest he may well stay at Reading unless the money offered is Alukoesque - and given he's still got 3 years left and he's still fairly young then any departure has to attract a serious wedge.

Anything owed to Chelsdea by way of a sell on?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Apr 2019 17:49

CountryRoyal
John Smith

I'll pay for the fuel

Good man.

I'll cover refreshment costs for the journey.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 08 Apr 2019 19:05

Terrible news if true and to dirty L@@ds as well! :cry: .

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 08 Apr 2019 20:16

Don't let him drive you will go backwards

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 08 Apr 2019 21:30

If selling Swift allows us to fund the purchase of some of our loanee's then i have no problem with this. Swift on his day is a great player but his consistency and work rate is nowhere near good enough for an aspiring championship club, let alone a struggling one.
And i'm guessing that he would be one of our highest paid players to boot, so shoulsd help us with our FFP situation.

One87One

by One87One » 09 Apr 2019 01:00

There is going to be a huge shake up this summer, which ever League we’re in. Some ‘big’ names will be heading away to reduce the wage bill and to provide the manager with funds to improve the squad.

The Oliveira fee that’s reportedly been agreed won’t be cheap, neither will his wages be. He’ll be a top earner no doubt about it.

I’m fully expecting the obvious to leave, and the likes of Kelly, Baldock, Gunter, Jon Dadi.

If Swift raises something like £5m then cheerio fella! He blows cold more often that hot. If that money secures is an Oliveira or a Baker, then sell sell sell.

I’m looking forward to a busy summer!

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 09 Apr 2019 09:24

Jackson Corner

Don't let him drive you will go backwards

Completely unappreciated post.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Apr 2019 16:26

If this happens and he thrives at Leeds will all you heathens admit hes a quality player or find excuses? Because I know for a fact that if he goes there and is anything but incredible I will double down and blame Leeds...

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 09 Apr 2019 16:40

NewCorkSeth If this happens and he thrives at Leeds will all you heathens admit hes a quality player or find excuses? Because I know for a fact that if he goes there and is anything but incredible I will double down and blame Leeds...

Give it up mate

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Apr 2019 17:23

NewCorkSeth If this happens and he thrives at Leeds will all you heathens admit hes a quality player or find excuses? Because I know for a fact that if he goes there and is anything but incredible I will double down and blame Leeds...

No. I care about how he actually performs here, not how he did at Chelsea, how he might do at Leeds or how flash or full of potential he looks here.

Not every player fits every club. He's a luxury in a team that can't afford luxuries and a pretty inconsistent one at that. Plus he's saleable and we need to cut costs, squad size and bring in fees, so even if he was as good as you think he'd still be a prime candidate to ship out.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Apr 2019 18:45

John Smith

Give it up mate

Never!

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Apr 2019 18:47

Snowflake Royal

No. I care about how he actually performs here, not how he did at Chelsea, how he might do at Leeds or how flash or full of potential he looks here.

Not every player fits every club. He's a luxury in a team that can't afford luxuries and a pretty inconsistent one at that. Plus he's saleable and we need to cut costs, squad size and bring in fees, so even if he was as good as you think he'd still be a prime candidate to ship out.

I was making a joke but I do like that massive tangent you went on.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 09 Apr 2019 18:49

Snowflake Royal

You know that people think you talk a load of shite.
Well I actually felt sorry for you.
I have now realised that they were right. :roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 09 Apr 2019 19:27

£7m bid being reported :D :D :D :D