Swift to Leeds

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Swift to Leeds

by Snowflake Royal » 09 Apr 2019 19:43

Royality creeps In
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth If this happens and he thrives at Leeds will all you heathens admit hes a quality player or find excuses? Because I know for a fact that if he goes there and is anything but incredible I will double down and blame Leeds...

No. I care about how he actually performs here, not how he did at Chelsea, how he might do at Leeds or how flash or full of potential he looks here.

Not every player fits every club. He's a luxury in a team that can't afford luxuries and a pretty inconsistent one at that. Plus he's saleable and we need to cut costs, squad size and bring in fees, so even if he was as good as you think he'd still be a prime candidate to ship out.

You know that people think you talk a load of shite.
Well I actually felt sorry for you.
I have now realised that they were right. :roll:

That's nice, thanks.

£7m? oxf*rd driving, I'll carry him there.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 09 Apr 2019 19:50

windermereROYAL £7m bid being reported :D :D :D :D

You could almost buy a Sone Aluko for that.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 09 Apr 2019 20:11

Snowflake Royal
Royality creeps In
Snowflake Royal No. I care about how he actually performs here, not how he did at Chelsea, how he might do at Leeds or how flash or full of potential he looks here.

Not every player fits every club. He's a luxury in a team that can't afford luxuries and a pretty inconsistent one at that. Plus he's saleable and we need to cut costs, squad size and bring in fees, so even if he was as good as you think he'd still be a prime candidate to ship out.

That's nice, thanks.

£7m? oxf*rd driving, I'll carry him there.

I saw that! Kind of sorts out our FFP issues for next season at a guess.

RichTea94

by RichTea94 » 09 Apr 2019 20:34

Could definitely see him flourishing under Bielsa, and he's been decent since Gomes has arrived.

But for circa £7m, I'd take that as he's just not been consistent enough for us, and it'd help let Gomes bring in players he wants.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 09 Apr 2019 21:27

I think I like him a lot more than most on here, but I think it would be a good move all round

Reckon he’d be a very good player in a better team, but it’s probably best for all parties if he did move on. I’d be sad to see him go though

Said on another post I do expect he will go this summer

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2019 00:57

Royality creeps In
Snowflake Royal
NewCorkSeth If this happens and he thrives at Leeds will all you heathens admit hes a quality player or find excuses? Because I know for a fact that if he goes there and is anything but incredible I will double down and blame Leeds...

No. I care about how he actually performs here, not how he did at Chelsea, how he might do at Leeds or how flash or full of potential he looks here.

Actually think he talks more sense than the majority on here but never mind
Last edited by URZZZZ on 10 Apr 2019 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Apr 2019 01:02

Swift is a luxury player I think, he'll look the best player on a good day but equally the worst player on a bad day

If he finds the consistency, he'd be a hell of a good player. Would be tempted to keep him next season but for 7 million, that may be too tempting to take

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 10 Apr 2019 09:27

Hound I think I like him a lot more than most on here, but I think it would be a good move all round

Reckon he’d be a very good player in a better team, but it’s probably best for all parties if he did move on. I’d be sad to see him go though

Said on another post I do expect he will go this summer

File under Oliver Norwood? Clearly has ability but will never show it at Reading?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Apr 2019 09:34

Good player? Can be excellent

Consistent player? Not since his injury

Worth £7m? No chance, snap their hand off for that amount of money

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 10 Apr 2019 09:35

You can half that £7million if we go down though.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Apr 2019 09:49

I feel somewhat vindicated that a manager as good as Bielsa is willing to spend so much on him after I was one of the few to say he's a decent player. In our recent few games since Gomes he's had some good goals and assists. Sloppy annoying pass here or there yes, but he's come up with the goods. We will miss him for sure.

But... regardless of whether he's a good player or a shit player it's kind of irrelevant. If he's on big wages he needs to go it sounds like. Get him off the wage bill and get some funds in.

I'll piggyback him there myself.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Apr 2019 11:59

URZZZZ
Royality creeps In
Snowflake Royal No. I care about how he actually performs here, not how he did at Chelsea, how he might do at Leeds or how flash or full of potential he looks here.

+1

IN for the Ian appreciation society. <3

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Apr 2019 12:10

2 world wars, 1 world cup I feel somewhat vindicated that a manager as good as Bielsa is willing to spend so much on him after I was one of the few to say he's a decent player. In our recent few games since Gomes he's had some good goals and assists. Sloppy annoying pass here or there yes, but he's come up with the goods. We will miss him for sure.

But... regardless of whether he's a good player or a shit player it's kind of irrelevant. If he's on big wages he needs to go it sounds like. Get him off the wage bill and get some funds in.

In a stronger Championship side than ours he will flourish. Unfortunately we have struggled with the balance of our midfield over the past couple of years. I can’t think of a physically weaker central midfield pairing than Swift and Kelly. It didn’t benefit either of them and Kelly has lost his way. So too did Swift but he has upped his game in recent weeks especially the defensive side of his game.

There will be a major overhaul this summer and Swift is likely to go whichever division we are in.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Apr 2019 12:58

CountryRoyal
URZZZZ
Royality creeps In

+1

IN for the Ian appreciation society. <3

Don't encourage me.

Loves you both though.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Apr 2019 14:31

Zip
2 world wars, 1 world cup I feel somewhat vindicated that a manager as good as Bielsa is willing to spend so much on him after I was one of the few to say he's a decent player. In our recent few games since Gomes he's had some good goals and assists. Sloppy annoying pass here or there yes, but he's come up with the goods. We will miss him for sure.

In a stronger Championship side than ours he will flourish. Unfortunately we have struggled with the balance of our midfield over the past couple of years. I can’t think of a physically weaker central midfield pairing than Swift and Kelly. It didn’t benefit either of them and Kelly has lost his way. So too did Swift but he has upped his game in recent weeks especially the defensive side of his game.

There will be a major overhaul this summer and Swift is likely to go whichever division we are in.

Its strange how many times over the year Kelly/Swift was tried, even though it was pretty much dogshit every time it was used. They were really bad for each other. Had got to the point where you'd see them in the lineup and just give up on the game

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Apr 2019 14:55

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
John Smith I'll pay for the fuel

Good man.

I'll cover refreshment costs for the journey.

Can you all stay there?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Apr 2019 15:25

If true, I think £7m would significantly soften the blow of him leaving.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Apr 2019 18:07

Silver Fox
Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal
Good man.

I'll cover refreshment costs for the journey.

Can you all stay there?

John Smith
Hob Nob Regular

by John Smith » 11 Apr 2019 10:01

Anybody think we miss George Evans?

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 11 Apr 2019 10:05

John Smith Anybody think we miss George Evans?

No.