by Hound » 12 Apr 2019 10:28

actually Sawyers as well

basically decent attacking side

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Brentford (h) sponsored by Terry Hurlock

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Apr 2019 18:09

NewCorkSeth
Hound yep, Swift in for Loader if and when fit. You might then start him instead of Ovie. Bod maybe for Harriott or McCleary if fit. Otherwise it looks pretty settled, and pretty strong now the majority are available.

One of the more interesting debates to be had in regards to the team sheet will be who drops off the bench for Bod. Swift/Ejaria replacing Loader is a no-brainer so which of our other attacking options comes out?

McCleary has lost a lot of pace but has had 2 assists in recent weeks and more experience than the rest combined.

Harriott scored and assisted shortly after his comeback but hasn't since however he has look fit, strong and determined every time hes played.

Baldock has split opinions for sure but has scored more goals than the above and actually for a while looked very decent on the left wing.

Bodvarson also scores. Something we need again and is probably the most like for like replacement for Oliveira who is miraculously fit. Can we count on him being fit for the final few games? Maybe a good idea to give Bod some game time just in case.

Good problem to have going into the final part of the relegation battle.

Be Baldock for me. Or you could comfortably drop McIntyre with Gunter able to cover RB, LB and at a pinch CB, Blackett and at a push Yiadom able to shift to CB, Yiadom able to switch to LB.

McCleary and Harriott - always good to have a couple of wingers spare on the bench

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 13 Apr 2019 01:35

Looking at the Brentford forum, there's a lot of them who still have a massive chip on their shoulder over us securing promotion at their place and they'd love to get a result that would push us closer to relegation.

Can someone tell them it was 17 years ago and maybe to let it go.

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 13 Apr 2019 03:14

Since Brentford have come up they have been very good.Picked up some very good players in Maupey they have for me the best front man in the division. I expect him to join up with Smith at Villa next season. Forget there crap away record they always play well here so a draw may not be the worst result.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 13 Apr 2019 06:41

They are a decent side and we will have to play really well with no complacency to get anything out of this one. If we play like we did against Preston we'll have a chance of getting a good result.

Reading their forum, they like to play teams on the break, presumably attacking with a lot of pace, so Jose will have to get his tactics spot on today, as he did against Preston.

As for wanting to send us nearer to the trap door, I can understand that part from a football fan's perspective! That game would've hurt and if the roles had been reversed, and they easily could've been, I would still be banging on about it too! Anyone who was at the Bolton 95 play off final would vouch for that and will still have an almost subconscious desire for Bolton to oxf*rd up!

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2019 08:01

Nah. Got over Bolton about a decade ago.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 13 Apr 2019 09:31

Snowflake Royal Nah. Got over Bolton about a decade ago.

Agreed.

I still hate Swansea with a passion though.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2019 09:55

Avon Royal

Agreed.

Never hated Swansea. They were just better. Always thought theyd win.

Bolton was gutting because McAteer should have been sent off, Archie should have scored the pen and that DeFreitas goal was handball.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Apr 2019 10:11

Avon Royal

Agreed.

This

Bastards signed Gylfi the following season.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2019 10:53

This game better be worth it, I'm already running an hour late and peeved because I blanked on my PIN and had to go to the bank before I could get a train ticket. oxf*rd £31.55. :twisted:

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 13 Apr 2019 10:57

thanks

scumbag

by scumbag » 13 Apr 2019 12:46

Snowflake Royal This game better be worth it, I'm already running an hour late and peeved because I blanked on my PIN and had to go to the bank before I could get a train ticket. oxf*rd £31.55. :twisted:

csb.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Apr 2019 14:02

Blackett dropped for Gunter :shock:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Apr 2019 14:14

Harsh. Better concentration, bit more athletic but less good defending and attacking.

Looks good otherwise. And Gunter isn't exactly terrible, although if he is on the left I fear a bit for that side with Barrow backing him up.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Apr 2019 14:33

But if Gunter was dropped, that would have been harsh as well considering how well he played at Norwich. Should have been the same 11 that started against Norwich, we held the league leaders for 85 minutes who had just won 8 in a row

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 14:43

Different game though urzzzz. Set up to defend in that, need to be more attacking in this

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Apr 2019 14:43

URZZZZ But if Gunter was dropped, that would have been harsh as well considering how well he played at Norwich. Should have been the same 11 that started against Norwich, we held the league leaders for 85 minutes who had just won 8 in a row

These words may haunt me later but you dont play 3 at the back in a crucial home game against opposition who have only won 2 away games all season.

We used that tactic well in an away game against the best team in the division. We shouldn't use it to try get 3 points at home.

Edited: It was 2 games they've won away. Not 4 as I initially stated.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Apr 2019 14:52

5 at the back doesn't mean you're defensive. Brentford use it and score a reasonable amount of goals. Yeah, Gunter and Blackett aren't exactly creative going forward but just don't think Oli deserves to come back in after last week's performance. Could be wrong and we could win, just think it's unnecessary

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 Apr 2019 15:10

Meite!!!! GTFI 8)

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Apr 2019 15:10

Always said Meite was a RW :D

Least I got something right