BFTG - Brentford

168 posts
Old Man Andrews

Re: BFTG - Brentford

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Apr 2019 19:17

windermereROYAL Wouldn't be surprised if Norwich came in for Martinez after the other night, , the keeper they have now is nowhere near PL standard.

They would be my pick too. They need a keeper desperately.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Apr 2019 19:17

windermereROYAL Wouldn't be surprised if Norwich came in for Martinez after the other night, , the keeper they have now is nowhere near PL standard.

No chance. Arsenal will want to keep him.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 19:19

Old Man Andrews We have no chance, Miazga can do a lot better and is way more ambitious than us surely. He's here to put himself in the shop window and has done. Can see him at a newly promoted side in the Premier League next season.

Interesting you say that. Maybe. But i don’t think any one of them (bar maybe Martinez and he has cost us a few as well - will Arsenal rally put up with that today, and the Wigan 2nd?) have massively stood out. They’ve formed part of a team effort. Miazga’s had a few poor games as well

Would say Baker is the one who had shown genuine premier league class. He is incredibly 2 footed

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 Apr 2019 19:25

Old Man Andrews We have no chance, Miazga can do a lot better and is way more ambitious than us surely. He's here to put himself in the shop window and has done. Can see him at a newly promoted side in the Premier League next season.

I disagree. I do think we have a chance. Matt wants first team football. He will get that at Reading, he is not guaranteed that even with a newly promoted PL team. If he thinks we are a season or two away from promotion it will satisfy his "ambition". And he seems well liked by the fans, which is also important. Plus he is aware of the "American connection" with Reading (Bobby, Marcus and Danny) which could appeal to him. Surely that are a lot of "ifs and buts" but I wouldn't say we have "no chance" at him.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2019 19:34

That second half was incredibly tense especially knowing Rotherham had turned it around but we held firm and deserved the win

Martinez. 6. Obvious error for the goal and distribution poor first half
Gunter 7 One awful shank but otherwise fine
Moore 7 Rock solid and communicated well with Gunter
Miazga 7 Rock solid
Yiadom 7. Another tenacious performance. Great cross which Oliveira should have buried
Rinomhota 6 Also at fault for their goal but otherwise fine
Ejaria. 7. A bit sloppy first half but did really well in the second period
Baker 8 He really is growing into this side. He seemed to be everywhere
Barrow. 6 Didn’t seem fit and should have scored but a great assist
Meite 8 MoTM Took his goals superbly. He is only 23 and doing brilliantly
Oliveira. 6 Showed some lovely touches but should have scored at least once
GMac. 6. Could have been braver on occasions but worked hard
Harriott 6 Worked hard
Blackett 6 Unlucky to be dropped but was fine

Old Man Andrews

by Old Man Andrews » 13 Apr 2019 19:35

Libertine

I disagree. I do think we have a chance. Matt wants first team football. He will get that at Reading, he is not guaranteed that even with a newly promoted PL team. If he thinks we are a season or two away from promotion it will satisfy his "ambition". And he seems well liked by the fans, which is also important. Plus he is aware of the "American connection" with Reading (Bobby, Marcus and Danny) which could appeal to him. Surely that are a lot of "ifs and buts" but I wouldn't say we have "no chance" at him.

I hope you're right, would live him here. Just think there are going to be so many other better options this Summer. Chelsea will surely want him playing top level.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 19:40

Old Man Andrews
Libertine

I hope you're right, would live him here. Just think there are going to be so many other better options this Summer. Chelsea will surely want him playing top level.

Last year of contract at Chelsea. Not sure they’ve much of a say

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 13 Apr 2019 19:42

Old Man Andrews
Libertine

Edit: just saw Hound's post about his contract status...

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Apr 2019 19:45

Very nerve racking but thinking back now we were reasonably comfortable. Absolutely massive win.

What I would say though is that whoever did the scouting/diligence on the 5 loanees deserves all the plaudits for the way we have turned things around, was it old scouting team or Gomes's guys? Anyone know?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 13 Apr 2019 19:47

Old Man Andrews
Libertine

Do you think Chelsea see Miazga as anything other than a transfer fee now?

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 13 Apr 2019 19:52

There is no way in hell we will get all five loanee"s back, but if we can get the reported 7 mill for Swift then that would allow us to maybe get two in and maybe another back on loan for another year.
If this is the case then Baker would be my number one choice, he has really grown into this team and is now showing his true potential. Martinez would be my second choice but i believe him to be out of our range so Miazga it would be, and that would leave Ejaria as another loan season if possible.
I would love Nelson, but i think Baker and Miazga are more important to the team at present, and with Meite getting games under his belt he is really looking a good goal getter.
This really is a tough choice as all 5 have really made a big difference to the team, and it really shows what a mess we've been for the last three or four years when loan players have way more desire and commitment the current Reading players!!
Last edited by Crowbar6753 on 13 Apr 2019 19:54, edited 1 time in total.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 13 Apr 2019 19:53

NewCorkSeth

No chance. Arsenal will want to keep him.

Yep agree - Cech is retiring and he's been sent out on loan to gain first team experience. He will be Arsenal no 2 next season.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 13 Apr 2019 19:56

Did anyone else notice Moore pat Maupay on the head near the end? :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Apr 2019 20:02

Crowbar6753 There is no way in hell we will get all five loanee"s back, but if we can get the reported 7 mill for Swift then that would allow us to maybe get two in and maybe another back on loan for another year.
If this is the case then Baker would be my number one choice, he has really grown into this team and is now showing his true potential. Martinez would be my second choice but i believe him to be out of our range so Miazga it would be, and that would leave Ejaria as another loan season if possible.
I would love Nelson, but i think Baker and Miazga are more important to the team at present, and with Meite getting games under his belt he is really looking a good goal getter.
This really is a tough choice as all 5 have really made a big difference to the team, and it really shows what a mess we've been for the last three or four years when loan players have way more desire and commitment the current Reading players!!

Agree fully with this. Nelson would be great but we do have some cover there with Meite scoring, plus Baldock, Bod, Loader and Novakovich. We certainly don’t have a CB like Miazga, a keeper anywhere near Martinez class, and I think Baker could be fantastic given a full season for us

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 13 Apr 2019 20:16

CountryRoyal Did anyone else notice Moore pat Maupay on the head near the end? :lol:

Maupay was being a right child. Glad Moore treated him as one.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Apr 2019 20:18

Up to the players to push things through

Reading FC has a lot to offer

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Apr 2019 20:29

We’ve got to stay up first, however.

Gomes seems to be an excellent man manager this will be important. I’d love all of them as they’ve been all excellent. Echo post praising the scouting. McDermott like.

Martínez- no chance.
Miazga- no idea. If he’s enjoying being here he could feel that he’s could build his reputation.
Baker - has drifted about a bit. If he feels at home at RFC then I reckon very achievable.
Ejaria - possibly. He’s not getting anywhere near LFC first team.
Oliveira - definitely. Portugal connection. Etc.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 13 Apr 2019 20:35

It could be a coincidence but since Mark Bowen arrived things have turned around for the better.
from the RFC website when he joined.
In joining the Royals’ ranks as Technical Consultant, Bowen’s focus will be to help manager José Gomes and his coaching staff in their tactical preparation for the end of season run-in through the analysis and assessment of our opposition as we ready ourselves for the four crucial home games and four vital away days that remain.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 13 Apr 2019 20:38

Good spot R&R

Things like this get overlooked

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 13 Apr 2019 20:39

Just seen Courtney Friday’s comments on today’s game. Courtney. A word mate. Learn how to pronounce the name of our stadium. We also don’t play Bristol City until Good Friday.

168 posts