We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

5752 posts
BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: We're ManchesteROFL United, we do what we want

by BR0B0T » 17 Apr 2019 11:03

3 of those losses against Barca and PSG coupled with a loss away at Arsenal.

Wasn't really that impressed with Barca...City or Liverpool should be able to beat them over two legs

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Apr 2019 11:18

BR0B0T 3 of those losses against Barca and PSG coupled with a loss away at Arsenal.

And you hate it when people misrepresent runs of form don't you? :lol:

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Apr 2019 17:03

Silver Fox
BR0B0T 3 of those losses against Barca and PSG coupled with a loss away at Arsenal.

And you hate it when people misrepresent runs of form don't you? :lol:

:? :wink:

United were actually good against Arsenal but have been shite in every game since. Not sure if it's a mean regression type thing or all the injuries piling up or whatevs(not much in the way of squad depth)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Apr 2019 19:21

Wasn't really that impressed with Barca...City or Liverpool should be able to beat them over two legs

Barcelona didn't need to even go into 2nd gear last night as 3rd gear saw them cruise through.
IMHO they are still clear favourites to win it-don't underestimate them based on last night's stroll.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 17 Apr 2019 20:11

Victor Meldrew

Barcelona didn't need to even go into 2nd gear last night as 3rd gear saw them cruise through.
IMHO they are still clear favourites to win it-don't underestimate them based on last night's stroll.

'greed! But they were all over the shop in the first leg and the initial period until AYoung fooked it up.

I'd quite like Liverpool and City to make the final...good for EPL

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 20 Apr 2019 09:06

There's an interesting piece in today's paper that says the United squad face a 25% pay cut for next season if they don't qualify for the Champions League.

The way they spin it is that Pogba and De Gea are after a pay rise in their new contracts to effectively negate that pay cut, or bonus that isn't being achieved as most people would see in every day life.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Apr 2019 11:02

Hoop Blah There's an interesting piece in today's paper that says the United squad face a 25% pay cut for next season if they don't qualify for the Champions League.

The way they spin it is that Pogba and De Gea are after a pay rise in their new contracts to effectively negate that pay cut, or bonus that isn't being achieved as most people would see in every day life.

Is that enough for them to turn up against City this week, a game that both teams need to win to achieve their aims, although in Man Utd's case I still think that the Europa League spot is probably the best they can hope for.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Apr 2019 11:54

If City turn up it doesn't really matter if Utd do, at their best City are unplayable.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 21 Apr 2019 14:55

We are total dogshite!

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 21 Apr 2019 15:28

4-0 This has to be the worst United team I have ever seen. The biggest club in the world what a joke. Would Barcelona Madrid Bayern or Juventus appoint a manager who failed at Cardiff and was a club manager in Norway?

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Apr 2019 18:55

6 losses from their last 8 games.
If they lose the derby game on Wednesday I wonder if the rumours of the saviour Ole being replaced at the end of the season will come to fruition.
It happened to Cloughie at Leeds after barely 2 months so why not him at Man Utd?

The Enfield Royal71
Hob Nob Regular

by The Enfield Royal71 » 22 Apr 2019 06:16

Victor Meldrew 6 losses from their last 8 games.
If they lose the derby game on Wednesday I wonder if the rumours of the saviour Ole being replaced at the end of the season will come to fruition.
It happened to Cloughie at Leeds after barely 2 months so why not him at Man Utd?

:roll:

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 22 Apr 2019 10:37

genome There's no point announcing him permanently now, he's got United players looking hungry and playing with a point to prove, let them continue doing that and announce him in the summer

Called it!

They have fallen apart since he was announced permanently. I don't necessarily blame OGS, I think it speaks volumes as to the attitude of a lot of their players.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Apr 2019 10:52

Indeed, I said same thing at the time (can’t find it on here though, maybe it was somewhere else!).... there was nothing to be gained by making it a permanent appointment just yet. Changing the dynamic was always likely to change results and they were unlikely to get any better than that 1st dozen games so why do it?

Yet another bad move by the board.

I like OGS (doesn’t everyone?) but he hasn’t got what it takes to manage a top team so this is going to get very messy in the next 6 months.

They CAN’T sack him just yet but it’ll happen sooner rather than later.

They HAVE to back him in the transfer market.

Not a great position to be in.

They are going to get lots more egg on face before this one works its way out.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 23 Apr 2019 13:37

Royal Rother Indeed, I said same thing at the time (can’t find it on here though, maybe it was somewhere else!).... there was nothing to be gained by making it a permanent appointment just yet. Changing the dynamic was always likely to change results and they were unlikely to get any better than that 1st dozen games so why do it?

I'm assuming they did it for two reasons, firstly to end any speculation and discussion about his position (because they'd made their mind up so that was then counter-productive), and secondly, and more importantly, they need to start planning for next season now. That means they need to start renewing contracts, talking to transfer targets and starting to work on shipping players out where they (ie the manager I guess) want to.

That's a long process and waiting too much longer probably puts them behind the other clubs in their market and possibly stops some players from wanting to sign, or stay, or leave, if they don't know who the manager is.

It probably adds to the debate about United needing someone in a Head of Recruitment, Technical Director or Director of Football type role though. If they had someone adding a bit more of a strategic direction to transfers and the building of a squad they could probably get away without having the manager confirmed.

It's harsh to pull out the stat that United have lost 4 of the 6 games since he got the job full time. Two of those are against Barca and one against Wolves who have a great record against the top 6.

There are issues with that squad that he's inherited and will take a decent amount of time, and investment, to resolve.

He might still fail, and be sacked in 6 months time, but this run of results (and even worse performances) shouldn't be the time to judge him.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 23 Apr 2019 19:51

Hoop Blah It probably adds to the debate about United needing someone in a Head of Recruitment, Technical Director or Director of Football type role though. If they had someone adding a bit more of a strategic direction to transfers and the building of a squad they could probably get away without having the manager confirmed.

They seem to be up for re-hiring former employees in new roles and I hear Ron Gourlay's available......

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 23 Apr 2019 19:54

Hoop Blah
Royal Rother Indeed, I said same thing at the time (can’t find it on here though, maybe it was somewhere else!).... there was nothing to be gained by making it a permanent appointment just yet. Changing the dynamic was always likely to change results and they were unlikely to get any better than that 1st dozen games so why do it?

I'm assuming they did it for two reasons, firstly to end any speculation and discussion about his position (because they'd made their mind up so that was then counter-productive), and secondly, and more importantly, they need to start planning for next season now. That means they need to start renewing contracts, talking to transfer targets and starting to work on shipping players out where they (ie the manager I guess) want to.

That's a long process and waiting too much longer probably puts them behind the other clubs in their market and possibly stops some players from wanting to sign, or stay, or leave, if they don't know who the manager is.

It probably adds to the debate about United needing someone in a Head of Recruitment, Technical Director or Director of Football type role though. If they had someone adding a bit more of a strategic direction to transfers and the building of a squad they could probably get away without having the manager confirmed.

It's harsh to pull out the stat that United have lost 4 of the 6 games since he got the job full time. Two of those are against Barca and one against Wolves who have a great record against the top 6.

There are issues with that squad that he's inherited and will take a decent amount of time, and investment, to resolve.

He might still fail, and be sacked in 6 months time, but this run of results (and even worse performances) shouldn't be the time to judge him.

Fair comment(s).

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 24 Apr 2019 19:19

No good result tonight...draw would defo be the worst outcome

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Apr 2019 20:12

Cmon Citeh.
Their looking nervous and very unpeplike at the mo.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 24 Apr 2019 21:14

There it is.....fabulous to watch. The passing and patience is incredible.

5752 posts