Which of the loanees would you prioritise?

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Which of the loanees would you prioritise?

by Oilroyal » 22 Apr 2019 20:33

Martinez – a season long loan
Baker – a season long loan/with option to buy
Miazga – possible signing – if we keep Moore, (together they're a formidable pair at the back)
Eja – Liverpool will want too much money, and José will look elsewhere
Eza – I don’t think José fancies him and José will find better
Oliviera – good chance we’ll sign him, if its not already been agreed

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 22 Apr 2019 20:36

Listening to the CEO tonight, they will be shipping out the top earners

That will be Swift, MOORE, McCleary, Gunter for starters

They have to ship out the top earners, players getting "too much"
for RFC's position/status

So that means loanees, Academy players, and league 1-2 punts

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 20:38

If Jose had ruled Eza outhe woukdn’t Have given him time for the U23 side or kept him beyond January.
He’d be a cheap signing and him Baker and Rino would form a really powerful midfield 3 if we wanted to play that way.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 22 Apr 2019 20:41

Snowball Listening to the CEO tonight, they will be shipping out the top earners

Seems odd that the owners personally gave Moore a deal that matched Brighton’s offer but now want to get rid of him ? I can see the others being ones being paid too much as mainly non starting 11 players. Also remember McShane and O’Shea will be high earners and will be going.

Oilroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by Oilroyal » 22 Apr 2019 20:57

Nameless If Jose had ruled Eza outhe woukdn’t Have given him time for the U23 side or kept him beyond January.
He’d be a cheap signing and him Baker and Rino would form a really powerful midfield 3 if we wanted to play that way.

Agreed, keeping Eza fit in the U23’s just in case we have injuries and find ourselves short in the last few games was prudent management by José. I think we’ll see Eza play in at least once before he’s returned.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Apr 2019 21:02

Baker is rapidly moving up my priority list, and Oli is starting to drift. Miazga stuttering slightly.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 22 Apr 2019 21:06

Nameless If Jose had ruled Eza outhe woukdn’t Have given him time for the U23 side or kept him beyond January.

He’d be a cheap signing and him Baker and Rino would form a really powerful midfield 3

A dream midfield,

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 22 Apr 2019 22:00

Nameless
Snowball Listening to the CEO tonight, they will be shipping out the top earners

Seems odd that the owners personally gave Moore a deal that matched Brighton’s offer but now want to get rid of him ? I can see the others being ones being paid too much as mainly non starting 11 players. Also remember McShane and O’Shea will be high earners and will be going.

Hopefully Aluko will also go. We need his wages off the books.

Jack Celliers
Hob Nob Regular

by Jack Celliers » 22 Apr 2019 22:34

Would be more than happy with:
Miazda
Baker
Ejaria
Rinomohta, Baker and Ejaria, were better today than WBA's midfield: sharper with better first touch and winning more 50/50s.

Olivera is injury prone, so not too bothered about him.
The goalie seems out of our league, so why set myself up for the heartbreak?
A chap who only played a few games out of 46 for us isn't really worth considering.

Tbh, I'd be happy with any or all of the current five joining us.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 22 Apr 2019 23:46

As suspected, it’s fluid. Will leave my list til end of season, but we now know what div.
(Like the idea of 2 lists: Your priority list, and your ‘most likely’ list). Anyway...

Nelson, bit worried about team ethos, on and off the park. On it, players won’t make as many runs if he won’t pass, and that won’t be good. Won’t mind if we signs, tho.
Martinez, yes please! Looks like the total package.
Baker, yep, improving every game, just needed a couple weeks to settle, then boom.
Miazga, immense on this team, tho sounded very iffy when asked about it, and I do think CBs are easier to find. Very vocal out there towards others.
Eja, lower priority now, but is coming on. At 21, may have upside and high ceiling. Has been moved around here, which prolly hasn’t helped him, or made him look great. If we find his role/position, coach him well, channel his abilities, we may have something.
Eza, reluctant to sign him (or anyone) on basis of 4 games (and unlike some, don’t think he was ‘great’ in all 4, either). History at other clubs sketchy/puzzling.
Last edited by Denver Royal on 23 Apr 2019 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

TiagoIlori

by TiagoIlori » 23 Apr 2019 01:21

Martinez and Miazga are too good for us. Baker is a must as is Oliveira, I strongly disagree with the census on Ejaria though- he’s really grown into the team of late and I really do like how he seems to be willing to do defending unlike Swifty.

I don’t see any aside from Oliveira coming permanently though, all seem to be held in high regard at their current clubs. Can see Ejaria and Baker coming back on loan considering Gomes is actually playing them to their strengths, but I think Martinez will be a no.2 next season for Arsenal. Miazga is easily premier league quality so I can see a club like West Brom or Sheffield United loaning him in.

Although these are the greatest bunch of loans we’ve ever had we have to remember they were only temporary solutions. I think Gomes will be focusing on finding bargains in the European market this summer in all honesty.

Eza seems to be on his way to sporting Lisbon if the growing rumours are true.

Chameleon

by Chameleon » 23 Apr 2019 01:42

I like Gunter, he's one of the few who have always tried to their full extent, and isn't nearly as bad as people think.

Moore we simply have to keep if we want to get the ambitious loanees back, plus he would have been gone in the summer if the owners weren't building for a title challenge.

Swift will be class in the right type of side, with the right sort of manager, but I can see the arguments both ways.

McCleary is part of the furniture, and I doubt that he's on masses.

As for Oli, he's a great striker with an even greater attitude problem, having a Portuguese manager may help him become the 20+ goal a season Oliveira that he's always threatened to be, but never actually shown. He's 27 now, it's time for him to walk the walk, and if we assume that he rushed himself back from injury, then he's definitely intent on that.

The type of player I'd try to shift out is O'Shea, McShane, Baldock, Bod (as much as I love the man, the injuries are to much), and Kelly. Looking at our squad, most of them are young up and comers, we can't be spending that much on the wage bill.

I think that we need some more positivity, our current squad plus the loanees and a couple of signings are good enough to get promoted.

WRT Martinez and Miazga, they've been screwed a lot around with various clubs, if they want to play football we're the best possible environment for them to come back to (on loan or otherwise), over 30% of Martinez's senior games have come for us. If we guarantee them both first team football and a push for promotion next year I reckon that we could get commitment from them for a loan deal. Plus, Miazga was loaned to Nantes with an option to buy (https://twitter.com/FCNantes/status/1026433957464760321), Chelsea hence don't see him as a starter for them, and he'd work perfectly for us, good chance of him becoming a Royal.

As for Martinez, he's spoken about now how he has a child and a wife it's time for him to settle down, and reportedly he forced his way out for gametime in January (https://www.goal.com/en/news/i-need-to- ... q4c3hrstef), with being no.2 permanently not good enough for him. We can offer gametime, no relocation, and love from the fans, I don't think that his resigning is as unlikely as some think. He's come so far since 5-7 (where admittedly he only stood a chance with 1 out of 5).

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 23 Apr 2019 06:41

The owners personally stepped in to block Moore’s and Meite’s moves so I’d be very surprised if they will be willing to offload the former now to “save on wages”, the only stipulation might have been a slightly lower release clause in the new contract to appease Moore but I doubt it. I’m optimistic he’ll be here at the start of next season.

I’ve said this before, I know we’re restricted to what we can do with fpp but the Chinese are not going to want to keep lingering at the bottom of the championship.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 23 Apr 2019 07:25

As said on another thread I believe the Oliveira deal is pretty much done, and we are back in for Baker for another year. Miazga is an issue as he earns more at Chelsea than we can pay him here, so we may pursue a loan deal for him again.

In terms of top earners you would be looking at Aluko, Mannone, McShane being moved on. Before Moore's latest contract Mannone was the highest paid player at the club.

scumbag

by scumbag » 23 Apr 2019 07:45

gazzer, loyal royal As said on another thread I believe the Oliveira deal is pretty much done, and we are back in for Baker for another year. Miazga is an issue as he earns more at Chelsea than we can pay him here, so we may pursue a loan deal for him again.

In terms of top earners you would be looking at Aluko, Mannone, McShane being moved on. Before Moore's latest contract Mannone was the highest paid player at the club.

The mind boggles!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 23 Apr 2019 07:54

1 Any player is available at the RIGHT price for the club
2 Reading do not have to ship out all their big earners and will keep those big earners that are right for the club
3 As you'd expect the summer will see the usual manoeuvring in the transfer market

With regards to the loans my priority would be Miazga, then Baker then Oliveira. Think Arsenal and Liverpool will want to keep Martinez and Ejaria so sadly unlikely to see them next season in Reading colours.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Apr 2019 08:49

Nameless

I'm sure they'd LIKE Moore to stay. He was given a new contract under Gourlay and they seemed to be throwing money around then.

The point about selling Moore is (say) 10 Million (which we might insist needs to be mostly up-front) and THEN his wages, which I suspect are over 20K a week, for all I know, a lot more than that. So in one stroke we could improve our FFP situation by 10-14 Million.

Meanwhile he gets Premiership football.

Apart from Miazga maybe not-staying because Moore goes, Moore alone leaving would go a huge way to sorting FFP. Throw in Swift, McShane, O'Shea, Kelly (and somehow offload Aluko) and we're hunky-dory. Decent CBs aren't rare

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 09:14

Snowball
Nameless

I'm sure they'd LIKE Moore to stay. He was given a new contract under Gourlay and they seemed to be throwing money around then.

The point about selling Moore is (say) 10 Million (which we might insist needs to be mostly up-front) and THEN his wages, which I suspect are over 20K a week, for all I know, a lot more than that. So in one stroke we could improve our FFP situation by 10-14 Million.

Meanwhile he gets Premiership football.

Apart from Miazga maybe not-staying because Moore goes, Moore alone leaving would go a huge way to sorting FFP. Throw in Swift, McShane, O'Shea, Kelly (and somehow offload Aluko) and we're hunky-dory. Decent CBs aren't rare

Gourlay had nothing to do with Moore staying, in fact quite the opposite. Moore stayed because the owners personally intervened.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 23 Apr 2019 09:22

I said he got a new contract under Gourlay

Which part of that is wrong?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 23 Apr 2019 09:25

Snowball I said he got a new contract under Gourlay

Which part of that is wrong?

Where did I say Gourlay wasn’t nominally the CEO at the time ?
Your comment was misleading though.