LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8632 posts
URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by URZZZZ » 12 May 2019 21:38

Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ Some clueless people in this thread, 97 points is an incredible achievement and would have won the league in pretty much any other season. Don't know why anyone would want City anyway, it's just so wrong watching them happy when they just pump unlimited money into everything

It's not like we've got much to laugh about considering we've been fighting Rotherham for relegation for an entire season

We are not based in a city and have and endless pots of money and have a massive plastic fanbase. But I would like to remind you that now and again we do have the odd success with little money like when we goto anfield and win in the cup, or break the points record or destroy the scousers at our place. We are where we are but don't criticize us just for a bad season (or more even). Imagine what we could do with a 70 mill quid defender or goalkeeper, or 40 million quid striker.
I still live in hope that one day we can get a domestic trophy. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy Liverpool failing and enjoy Man City's football. CMON Spurs.

We do have a plastic fanbase, 38,000 for a playoff final, 8 months later, 7,000 for a home game. Enough said

I'm sure most managers in the Championship would like to spend 15/20 million like we did a couple of seasons ago etc...equal measures

City's football bores me to death most of the time as well, I much prefer watching Liverpool, there isn't a game they don't sit on >70% possession

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 12 May 2019 21:55

looks like we've uncovered another secret red!

RIP in piece Kesmond

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 May 2019 22:00

How anyone can be bored to death by City defies belief.

Yes they pass it around at the back but it is always done with a purpose, changing the shape of the opposition before trying to open up space and movement.

Honestly it’s a bit weird and must be born from an irrational dislike.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 12 May 2019 22:19

Royal Rother How anyone can be bored to death by City defies belief.

Yes they pass it around at the back but it is always done with a purpose, changing the shape of the opposition before trying to open up space and movement.

Honestly it’s a bit weird and must be born from an irrational dislike.

They are a terrific side and a joy to watch.

Royality creeps In
Hob Nob Regular

by Royality creeps In » 13 May 2019 06:25

URZZZZ
Ascotexgunner
URZZZZ Some clueless people in this thread, 97 points is an incredible achievement and would have won the league in pretty much any other season. Don't know why anyone would want City anyway, it's just so wrong watching them happy when they just pump unlimited money into everything

It's not like we've got much to laugh about considering we've been fighting Rotherham for relegation for an entire season

We are not based in a city and have and endless pots of money and have a massive plastic fanbase. But I would like to remind you that now and again we do have the odd success with little money like when we goto anfield and win in the cup, or break the points record or destroy the scousers at our place. We are where we are but don't criticize us just for a bad season (or more even). Imagine what we could do with a 70 mill quid defender or goalkeeper, or 40 million quid striker.
I still live in hope that one day we can get a domestic trophy. In the meantime I'm just going to enjoy Liverpool failing and enjoy Man City's football. CMON Spurs.

We do have a plastic fanbase, 38,000 for a playoff final, 8 months later, 7,000 for a home game. Enough said

I'm sure most managers in the Championship would like to spend 15/20 million like we did a couple of seasons ago etc...equal measures

City's football bores me to death most of the time as well, I much prefer watching Liverpool, there isn't a game they don't sit on >70% possession

:roll:
On another note at least City have a general Manchester based support rather than the hoards of Liverpool and Manure fans who have no affiliation whatsoever with the relevant city/clubs

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 May 2019 09:57

Royality creeps In
URZZZZ
Ascotexgunner

On another note at least City have a general Manchester based support rather than the hoards of Liverpool and Manure fans who have no affiliation whatsoever with the relevant city/clubs

Isn't that just a by product of them being historically sh!t? Give it another 10 years or so of continued success and you'll start to see City shirts outnumber Liverpool or Utd shirts in random towns across the country.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 May 2019 10:31

City have always been in the shadow of United, especially in the Premier League era.

Personally I like the idea of the smaller club, always taunted and looked upon as a joke by their traditionally bigger neighbours, come in to money and start to win.

City's owners have the money, they want to spend it and they haven't just spent on the team. They've spent a lot on the surrounding area of the stadium as well, which is a benefit to the local community.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 May 2019 10:32

Stranded
Royality creeps In
URZZZZ

Isn't that just a by product of them being historically sh!t? Give it another 10 years or so of continued success and you'll start to see City shirts outnumber Liverpool or Utd shirts in random towns across the country.

'greed hence the amount of LFC fans on here in their mid to late 30's

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 May 2019 10:35

sandman City have always been in the shadow of United, especially in the Premier League era.

Personally I like the idea of the smaller club, always taunted and looked upon as a joke by their traditionally bigger neighbours, come in to money and start to win.

City's owners have the money, they want to spend it and they haven't just spent on the team. They've spent a lot on the surrounding area of the stadium as well, which is a benefit to the local community.

This. Plus they have done a lot for their youth and womens team as well.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 May 2019 10:42

On style of football City have normally been pretty good but in this run-in it's been pretty turgid stuff, until yesterday, credit to them.

As for the money, they have spent vast sums which is just part of football these days, although I'd prefer it if the money came from individual wealth rather than a nation's.

Ridiculously good season for Liverpool, which isn't over yet, and I can only see them improving the squad to try again next year.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 May 2019 10:53

Silver Fox Ridiculously good season for Liverpool, which isn't over yet, and I can only see them improving the squad to try again next year.

The good thing for Liverpool is the age of their squad, and their key players. There's great scope for improvement if they can keep the mentality, momentum and the intensity going over the next few years. The oldest players in the starting XI are Wijnaldum and Henderson, at 28, with Milner the only one over 30 (I don't see him as starting XI, although he did start against Barca of course).

The thing that cost them this season was that run of games against United, Everton, West Ham and Leicester. They just didn't have enough goals in the side to see off those sides when Salah's goals dried up (I don't think Mane's run of form kicked in quite earlier enough).

Next season they'll have Oxlade-Chamberlain back, and hopefully (from and England fan's point of view) Gomez too which will already make them stronger. The need a 4th player to supplement the front 3, but it would be nice to see Harry Wilson or Rhian Brewster get a chance next season.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 13 May 2019 11:05

I think they might want another CB, VVD can probably do it all on his own but a bit of help wouldn't go amiss

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 13 May 2019 11:13

Silver Fox I think they might want another CB, VVD can probably do it all on his own but a bit of help wouldn't go amiss

Always the risk of getting injured as well.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 13 May 2019 11:17

Hendo
Silver Fox I think they might want another CB, VVD can probably do it all on his own but a bit of help wouldn't go amiss

If they ship out Lovren then I could see another centre back coming in, but with Gomez back that's the first choice pairing sorted, and I could see them coping well enough with Gomez and Matip now that the rest of the back 5 is pretty settled.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 May 2019 11:25

Hoop Blah
Silver Fox Ridiculously good season for Liverpool, which isn't over yet, and I can only see them improving the squad to try again next year.

The good thing for Liverpool is the age of their squad, and their key players. There's great scope for improvement if they can keep the mentality, momentum and the intensity going over the next few years. The oldest players in the starting XI are Wijnaldum and Henderson, at 28, with Milner the only one over 30 (I don't see him as starting XI, although he did start against Barca of course).

I'd say that most of the first team that got them where they are this season are at prime. Whilst you expect maintenance they're more likely to decline than improve, really difficult to predict this.

I just looked at appearances compared to age (next season if majority played at that age)

26 GK Alison 38_apps

28 CB VVD 38_apps
29 MF Wijnaldun 35_apps
33 MF Milner 31_apps
28 FW Firminio 34_apps
27 FW Salah 38_apps
27 FW Sane 36_apps
30 CB Lovren 13_apps
28 CB Matip 22_apps
31 MF Lallana 13_apps
30 FW Sturridge 18_apps
28 MF Shaquiri 24_apps

26 MF Fabinho 26_apps
24 MF Keita 25_apps
25 FB Robertson 36_apps
21 FB TAA 29_apps
22 CB Gomez 16_apps

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 May 2019 11:27

heard you were linked with De Ligt as was like fcuuuuukk...that'd be a gr8 back five

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 13 May 2019 11:27

BR0B0T
Stranded
Royality creeps In :roll:

Liverpool's heyday was 1974- the mid 80s surely? 37 year olds would have been too young.

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 May 2019 11:30

Hendo

Liverpool were pretty lucky with injuries this season

BR0B0T
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by BR0B0T » 13 May 2019 11:33

LUX
BR0B0T
Stranded

Liverpool's heyday was 1974- the mid 80s surely? 37 year olds would have been too young.

37 yo would have been 1981/82 so they would have been of an age where you glory boy it (caught the tail end anyway)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 13 May 2019 11:35

LUX
BR0B0T
Stranded

Would say it is very late 30s/40s where you have your peak Liverpool fan not from Liverpool. I was born in '77 and my first exposure to football was in the mid 80s when Liverpool were still at their peak - know a lot of people around my age group who still support them having been grabbed by that particular team when they were about 7 or 8 years old.

8632 posts