STs for season 2019/2020

336 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: STs for season 2019/2020

by Nameless » 14 May 2019 10:25

muirinho
Wallsy
Forbury Lion Hmm, do I pay £375 to renew in the Lower West of save £76 and join club 1871 for £299?

Not sure the family/Eamon Dolan stand should be more than the Club 1871 area, Isn't the view is about the same but the opposite end?

If you do switch, I hope you’re going to contribute to the noise and not just sit there for saving some money?!

Similarly, anyone who moves to the ED for cheaper prices absolutely cannot moan about clappers. Each stand has its own "character" - and you need to buy into that character if you move there.

Not sure that makes sense.
Does handing out clappers for a few games trump the 'character' of the ED before clappers were imposed on us ?

muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

by muirinho » 14 May 2019 12:15

Nameless
muirinho
Wallsy
If you do switch, I hope you’re going to contribute to the noise and not just sit there for saving some money?!

Similarly, anyone who moves to the ED for cheaper prices absolutely cannot moan about clappers. Each stand has its own "character" - and you need to buy into that character if you move there.

Not sure that makes sense.
Does handing out clappers for a few games trump the 'character' of the ED before clappers were imposed on us ?

No, I didn't mean that. If you were in ED before the clappers were imposed, you would be perfectly entitled to moan. But - if you move into that stand now, just for the price reduction, knowing they give clappers to the kids - then you can't moan about them. Any more than you can buy in the family area, and then whine about the kids (and the parents bringing their kids, who themselves have no interest in the game)

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 14 May 2019 14:45

Wallsy
Forbury Lion Hmm, do I pay £375 to renew in the Lower West of save £76 and join club 1871 for £299?

Not sure the family/Eamon Dolan stand should be more than the Club 1871 area, Isn't the view is about the same but the opposite end?

If I do switch, my main focus will be on watching the game not having a singing contest with the away fans.

I'll probably stay where I am, I quite like being surrounded by away fans as the West Lower seems to have a relaxed attitude to selling tickets to away supporters - it's good to get their perspective on the game and wind them up when we score.

Singing Defective

by Singing Defective » 14 May 2019 18:07

Forbury Lion
Wallsy

If I do switch, my main focus will be on watching the game not having a singing contest with the away fans.

I'll probably stay where I am, I quite like being surrounded by away fans as the West Lower seems to have a relaxed attitude to selling tickets to away supporters - it's good to get their perspective on the game and wind them up when we score.

Fully understand the point of view, as I watch a reasonable amount of rugby, and that of course is the norm. However, as my son would delight in pointing out, the two different-ball games are different. And I strongly object at getting the perspective of Leeds sheep in the East stand, the F1 queue is bad enough.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 May 2019 00:25

Snowflake Royal £299? I think I made it to less than 10 games this season and wasn't going to renew, but at that price I'm IN.

I only managed a paltry 7 games (an absolutely abysmal use of a season ticket!) The last few of these were in Club 1871 and the atmosphere was superb. Like a really good away day. I'm tempted to get another season ticket if the South stand is likely to sell out.

Wallsy

by Wallsy » 15 May 2019 08:35

Forbury Lion
Wallsy

I'll probably stay where I am.

Here’s hoping you do then!

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 May 2019 13:16

Wallsy
Forbury Lion
Wallsy

+1. You’re exactly the type of fan which is WHY Club 1871 is so important. And also since inception I’ve noticed far less chants at the away end/antagonising etc then there were in y26.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 May 2019 15:20

CountryRoyal
Wallsy
Forbury Lion If I do switch, my main focus will be on watching the game not having a singing contest with the away fans.

+1. You’re exactly the type of fan which is WHY Club 1871 is so important. And also since inception I’ve noticed far less chants at the away end/antagonising etc then there were in y26.
I cheer goals, I join in with clapping/cheering but my main focus is on watching the game and despite sitting through years of crap football I've also for the most part resisted the urge to boo and jeer our own players.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 May 2019 15:54

Forbury Lion
CountryRoyal
Wallsy

I cheer goals, I join in with clapping/cheering but my main focus is on watching the game and despite sitting through years of crap football I've also for the most part resisted the urge to boo and jeer our own players.

And I commend you but in an area which is really supposed to be specifically the most vocal in the ground, in my opinion, it warrants more than a bit of cheering and clapping.

It’s not to say that if one stands in the south stand they have to join in, but that they should want to.

The great thing about your eyes, mouth and hands is that they all work independently. I find it is quite possible to watch an entire game of poor football and make an effort singing at the same time. :wink:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 May 2019 16:20

CountryRoyal
Forbury Lion
CountryRoyal

And I commend you but in an area which is really supposed to be specifically the most vocal in the ground, in my opinion, it warrants more than a bit of cheering and clapping.

It’s not to say that if one stands in the south stand they have to join in, but that they should want to.

The great thing about your eyes, mouth and hands is that they all work independently. I find it is quite possible to watch an entire game of poor football and make an effort singing at the same time. :wink:
Do the club1871 applicants have to attend an audition before being sold a ticket?
I see it being a victim of it's own success, particularly due to the pricing difference.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 May 2019 16:49

See you’re completely missing the point. How many in Liverpool’s or even Leeds’ Kop share your sentiments? Or Dortmund’s Yellow Wall? These are areas where the most vocal of the fans are. I don’t understand how you can’t grasp that obviously being in the south stand should entail more than sitting on your arse and clapping every so often. There are plenty of other places in the ground for you, If you find it so distasteful I’m not sure why you’d even contemplate moving anyway. Reading fans are fcuking odd.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 May 2019 17:52

Yeah, also read for people who move and don't want to stand all game.

If you want to sit down and not sing all game, the South isn't for you. That's not to say you can't go there, but you won't see much, you won't fit in well and you may well cause aggravation, especially if you complained to the stewards about people standing in front of you, shouting or swearing etc.

I use you in a general way, not specifically meaning Forbes.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 15 May 2019 19:58

If people move to the South Stand and start complaining about standing . . . . . .

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 15 May 2019 21:59

Consider yourselves lucky, you lot don’t have to put up with him on AE.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 15 May 2019 23:17

Elm Park Kid If people move to the South Stand and start complaining about standing . . . . . .

If it would happen anywhere, it’s Reading. :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 May 2019 09:22

How are people doing with the new Royals Account thing.

Seems to be not working at the moment. Click the OS website link and you get taken to a Microsoft website instead of a registration page.

Stjimmy

by Stjimmy » 16 May 2019 09:27

Yep...true to form its bollocks

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2019 09:32

Sutekh How are people doing with the new Royals Account thing.

Seems to be not working at the moment. Click the OS website link and you get taken to a Microsoft website instead of a registration page.

Probably not best to use a brand new system on the first morning of release :wink:

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 May 2019 09:44

Hendo

Probably not best to use a brand new system on the first morning of release :wink:

Yeah it was optimistic to think it was ever going to work :lol:

I think I’ll wait til later, no rush so long as it’s done before the 20th.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 16 May 2019 12:28

CountryRoyal
Hendo

Yeah it was optimistic to think it was ever going to work :lol:

I think I’ll wait til later, no rush so long as it’s done before the 20th.

All done, super easy. Took less than 10 minutes.

336 posts